Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coolcat1991

walshb wrote: »
    I know FC is bad, but surely Cheshire Cat won't just forget K T and never have another scene with LH? I know it's seen as virtuous to keep you word, but this is different!

I think Cheshire Cat is planning letting people know were KT is but she only told Lovehate she wasn't going to say anthing to trick him into telling her were Ellie is

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

fin12 wrote: »
    Haha just watch the Fair city extra clip on RTÉ Player, it's hilarious.

Hilarious is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

youwould wrote: »
    Ben's fake passport gave a birth date of 2006. He definitely was not born before 2005 so he could only be 11 at most.

Still, 11 or 13, it would be embarrassing if a parent / guardian has to come to school to pick you up, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Why is Ciaran still using the tablet and camera set up?? Now that he can actually go in to the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

so glad Heather came back. Ama by comparison is depressing to watch.

Heather is a great character. Complex and unpredictable. She will be the one who finally exposes Ciaran but she will make sure she does it in a way that Farrah will be first to know!

Ama is by contrast one of the characters who is given poor filler stories. I agree with an earlier poster that FC should drop the filler stuff and concentrate on the stronger storylines and better characters. Given the right material, characters such as Heather, Katy, Ciaran, the O'Briens, Charlotte, Oisin, Robbie, Zumo, Denzo and Decco are excellent. There were many ex-characters too such as Billy Meehan, Sylvester Garrigan, Paddy Bishop and Bill Taylor who were excellent as baddies. There was a time when Carol was actually great too and the Trigger story shows how she can still be good when she has the right material.

Lucy perhaps for me is the most realistic of all. I knew a person very like her once and she was from more or less the same place even, worked in a similar job and talked like her. So Lucy has got to be the most realistic for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Why is Ciaran still using the tablet and camera set up?? Now that he can actually go in to the room.

I take it he does not want to be in there all the time and needs to communicate with her to tell her where to be when he comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

RobertKK wrote: »
    That is so believable that he would have the tablet there left on...

Sure he left the door open.. and apparently the guys in the garage know all about the workshop he is holding Katy in cause they sent her around. Funny how none of them ever popped in to see why he wasn't at work

I think it was a bit careless of him to have it just lying there and turned on! .. :rolleyes:

Still, 11 or 13, it would be embarrassing if a parent / guardian has to come to school to pick you up, no?

I dunno. I was picked up from primary school every day until I finished because I grew up and went to school in a large & busy town so maybe the same applies with Ben.

I dunno. I was picked up from primary school every day until I finished because I grew up and went to school in a large & busy town so maybe the same applies with Ben.

After 7, I was left to make me own way home from school, it was a 20 minute walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Is there really need for the Chile Pepper filler in the midst of Dermot and the Flight of the Earls and KT.

Not to nitpick but I doubt Nora would be earning enough to charge VAT. Could the writers even do bit of a google for research? Totally pointless line of dialogue anyway.

Now as much of us expected Heather knows about KT. She then went home to pack before going to LoveHates. Of course!!!! But are we to believe over the next few episodes she either wont tell anyone or she wont be believed to the extent that no one will even pop their head in the door of LH's garage?

My prediction is KT will only be getting out today week, maybe if she's lucky Sunday, maybe! Good news us I also predict some absolute madness over the next few episodes. Love Heather back in the mix! As for the Dermot skipping the country (He's going nowhere) thay premise can only get more absurd! He's already dropped 100k on passports for him and (How did he pay that exactly) He'll need another 100K for passports for Zoe and Jane. That leaves him with 600k to skip the country and provide for him, Jane and 2 kids (One with a serious medical condition). Where's he going Mexico. It's gas it really is. He wont be able to sell his house or business, thats 400k down the drain. We all know he's going no where so even trying to sell the idea to the audience is laughable. KT aside absolutlely every story arc at the moment is batsh*t even on a normal day to day life level. Christy settling down in CTown is as unrealistic as Dermot skipping the country. Fake passports or not. A man travelling with 2 pre teens (esoecially a man who needs treatment) would be tracked down by the authorities within a week! I suppose Dermott has the benifit of a head start. No crime has been reported and in the real world it could take the Garda months to make a case against Dermot. If John Deegan arrives in the hospital and arrests Dermott in suspicion of fraud I'm smashing my tv. Any......way let's sit back and enjoy, it hasn't been this amusing since Heather/Doctor/Alma/Ama/Elle nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Heather following LoveHate around all day snarling "I know you know where Farrah & Ellie are, tell me...", yet it never occurred to her to check his house till he told her?! Surely that'd be the first place you'd think of!
    Also ridiculous of Farrah to bring Ellie there if she was trying to hide her anyway. Her boyfriend's house. Two doors down. For the love of God!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Heather is a great character. Complex and unpredictable. She will be the one who finally exposes Ciaran but she will make sure she does it in a way that Farrah will be first to know!

Ama is by contrast one of the characters who is given poor filler stories. I agree with an earlier poster that FC should drop the filler stuff and concentrate on the stronger storylines and better characters. Given the right material, characters such as Heather, Katy, Ciaran, the O'Briens, Charlotte, Oisin, Robbie, Zumo, Denzo and Decco are excellent. There were many ex-characters too such as Billy Meehan, Sylvester Garrigan, Paddy Bishop and Bill Taylor who were excellent as baddies. There was a time when Carol was actually great too and the Trigger story shows how she can still be good when she has the right material.

Lucy perhaps for me is the most realistic of all. I knew a person very like her once and she was from more or less the same place even, worked in a similar job and talked like her. So Lucy has got to be the most realistic for me.

I would love to see Tracy come back too.

I think Robbie may have gotten those passports for about, say 10k or less and pockets the rest of the 100k ;) his hair has gotten very gray lately. :eek: ... All this sceaming, sculduggery and kidnapping is going to result in future FC scenes been court and prison scenes, they'll have to build new sets (but we know they won't ) their €11 million budget won't stretch to new sets :rolleyes: .... They'll probably hold the court cases in the Balintine, thinking the viewers won't notice.. Ha!

Why didn't Heather just call the gardaí anyway? Pretty stupid of Ciarán to agree to that deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

this whole thing is just very unbelievable. Farrah and Ellie living in her boyfriends house ffs and Heather didn't even check. They could have made so much more excitement out of this like they staying in a hotel and Heather finding out and going in and going crazy in the hotel. Sure don't they have the balentine to stay in. like what Emmerdale did here from minute onwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGAbBYzjJo

Also about the whole Heather and KT not knowing each other thing, KT worked in the Spar with Farrah and Renee for a couple of years including when Heather first came back, so it's entirely possible that they are acquaintances. KT would definitely know who Heather is, and Heather has possibly been told about KT's disappearance since she came home. Clutching at straws to fill in gaps, I know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lemmiwinks86

Sorry not sorry! If the KT storyline doesn't wrap up this week... I'm going to turn my attention to hollyoaks 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Why didn't Heather just call the gardaí anyway? Pretty stupid of Ciarán to agree to that deal.

Ciaran should either free Katy and hand himself over to the cops or leg it out of the country at great speed. There's no way he can carry on keeping Katy prisoner, not with someone else (and a complete stranger to boot and someone he can't trust) being on to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I didn't see last night apart fromthe last scene . What exactly did they agree to?? I mean Heather is loose obviously so what exactly does she get out of this arrangement. ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,216 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I didn't see last night apart fromthe last scene . What exactly did they agree to?? I mean Heather is loose obviously so what exactly does she get out of this arrangement. ??????

It was a pretty intense but yet a silly scene. Cheshire Cat got attacked by LH in the garage. First words out out of her mouth, in a rather stern voice were "are you going to kill me," ridiculous that. After the usual blabber and bluster (btw, FC can never do explosive scenes. They just can't) Cheshire Cat within seconds is making a deal to not reveal K Ts whereabouts in return for LH telling her where Elllie is.

Poor owl LH must have a lot on his mind with not bothering to even lock his garage door when he leaves.

Now, knowing FC it's entirely plausible that Cheshire Cat gets amnesia and forgets about the poor girl held captive by the local psychopath. Forget everything about that day, and K T remains captive for years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

10er bets Heather is in the interrogation room and is being presented with the "serious charges". Her lawyer says "Will you drop the charges if she tells you where Katy O'Brien is?"

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

The thing is she doesn't know where Katy is, she just knows Ciarán has her. Otherwise I'm sure she would have moved the shelves and opened the door into Casa del Creep.

The thing is she doesn't know where Katy is, she just knows Ciarán has her. Otherwise I'm sure she would have moved the shelves and opened the door into Casa del Creep.

How is that the thing? Did you watch the scene. LH caught her before she could find out where exactly K T was/is. She at least knows where LH has her in the sense of the building. Somewhere in the building.

The point I made and others is will she now suddenly say nothing. As in not report this to the authorities.

Maybe it will go the way of Cheshire Cat ratting on LH and nobody believing her due to her being nutty....Real Scooby Doo stuff.

I'm not sure about that. Ciaran came into the garage while Heather was in mid conversation with Katy and immediately went for her. It was unclear whether Heather had deduced whether Katy was behind that door or was being held in another location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm not sure about that. Ciaran came into the garage while Heather was in mid conversation with Katy and immediately went for her. It was unclear whether Heather had deduced whether Katy was behind that door or was being held in another location.

She doesn't know the location. She asked Katy "where are you?" and Katy said "I don't know,a room somewhere."
    Neither of them know she's in the workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Because the writers couldn't think of a better way for him to get found out.

MelanieC wrote: »
    She doesn't know the location. She asked Katy "where are you?" and Katy said "I don't know,a room somewhere."
    Neither of them know she's in the workshop.

Oh right, I missed that bit (though Katy does know she is being held in a workshop : she got as far the front door of it in one episode and saw all the tools and shelves etc).

All this does she know where she is is irrelevant to the point. That being will she report the very serious incident? As in tell the Gardai exactly what happened...Knowing FC she may not and all will be forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

It really doesnt matter if she knows where KT is. She reports LH, step 1 check his house, step 2 check his shed. Which bizarrely none of the 5 or so other characters that have been in it havn't wondered "seems a bit smaller on the inside". Plausible though sure the owner & neighbours never noticed him install a toilet, shower and sink into a shed!

If they search the shed but dont find the secret door my head will explode!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement