Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

WILL SOMEONE SLAP RENEEEEEEEEE!
    youwould wrote: »
    I'd love to punch Renee

Form an orderly queue please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

walshb wrote: »
    What'a the bets just as Jane and Dermish are about to board their plane with their 100k passports to Dubai, Paulio cracks the code to his account and twigs the scam, leading to a chase to the airport to stop them.

Not going to happen. ..RTE doesn't have an airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I don't know of any child aged 11-12 who behaves like Ellie. I'm not criticising the girl who plays her. She's made to act like a Junior Infant.

Any child of her age who is lied to as much as her would be starting to see through all the plamas type lies.

Really FC are casting her as a child with learning difficulties with a lower mental age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

WTF,
    How did Rennie make out something was wrong from a 1.5 second conversation.
    And yes me and the kids rewound it twice to time it
    Fecking joke of a program

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

nagdefy wrote: »
    I don't know of any child aged 11-12 who behaves like Ellie. I'm not criticising the girl who plays her. She's made to act like a Junior Infant.

Any child of her age who is lied to as much as her would be starting to see through all the plamas type lies.

Really FC are casting her as a child with learning difficulties with a lower mental age.
    My youngest lad is 11. If he spoke like that I'd be getting him checked out. I suppose she's doing what she's being told by the director. It seems to be an RTE way of making children speak. Just listen to children in any of RTE's radio ads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wtf was Rose doing there? We don't see her since Xmas day and she just swans in "I made some sandwiches for ye" has she ever even spoke to Heather or Rennie?

Pauline still hasn't a clue all his money is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Ya the rose made some sandwiches thing was so dumb..dumber than the rest of the nonsense. The writers of this should be sacked imo. Terrible stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Wtf was Rose doing there? We don't see her since Xmas day and she just swans in "I made some sandwiches for ye" has she ever even spoke to Heather or Rennie?

Pauline still hasn't a clue all his money is gone

I think we saw the start of that tonight. He said to Niamh that one of the Pod invoices hadn't been paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Soooooooo everyone who knew Heather was poisoning her own daughter, has now forgotten that and is blaming her sister for lying about something that actually did happen?

This is the biggest pile I've ****e I've ever known

How is Rennie dying it??? Why can the writers maintain any sort of consistancy? Is Bob worried at all about his son getting in trouble, christ I would've loved if he turned up at the hospital

bazermc wrote: »
    Sash looking less orange.

They gave Hughie on DWTS her bronzer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Jane offered Ben a euro if he did his homework. A EURO!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Renee is sick as heather, bloody denial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Hughie is the worst actor that i have ever seen I could do better myself

Are viewers to assume that the Carrigstown folk are an exceptional tight knit community with a lot of interaction outside episodes? This leading to the likes of Rose bringing sandwiches to Header's family in hospital while they are outside her A&E bed?

Some community spirit in fairness. Of course the Cassidys, Cass, Niamh and Sean don't communicate at all, bar of course it's all outside episodes. And some of them like Ray wouldn't be bothered burying their ex wife and child's mother.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shes has a tight ass :pac:

Una Crawford has been shockingly bad as Renee tonight. Shocking

I know we all enjoy slagging FC but we do give credit when it's warranted. Plenty of positive comments about Heather and LH's performances last week and rightly so. Una Crawford on the other hand was appalling tonight. I actually thought Bob was embarrassed to be sharing scenes with her. She really was like something from a bad amateur dramatic production.

Maybe Rose wandering around with sandwiches is part of the senility/alzheimers story line some posters felt was becoming a storyline for her character :)

Those sandwiches were probably meant for Stripey and the Ram, who have been lying low of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Shes a tight ass :pac:

And her after conspiring with a few residents to rob a million last week !!!

jos28 wrote: »
    I know we all enjoy slagging FC but we do give credit when it's warranted. Plenty of positive comments about Heather and LH's performances last week and rightly so. Una Crawford on the other hand was appalling tonight. I actually thought Bob was embarrassed to be sharing scenes with her. She really was like something from a bad amateur dramatic production.

Funny during the show I thought it was really poor acting but had myself convinced my disapproval was related to my dislike for Rennee. So it's good to hear others were of the same view.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I actually can't judge her because she has been given a script and personality befitting of someone in playschool. But she is 11 or 12
    I don't care if she is 6 if you want an actor get one not some young one dragged off the street.

• Advertisement

We all know the actors are not to blame. Too many episodes, horrendous scripts, poor directing, abissmal storylines and I've heard almost no rehearsals. Hence why they deliver lines like they've just read them. But.......the child actors have always looked particularly bad. Ben takes the biscuit. What RTE execs are his parents. Again not entirely their fault. What age is Ben? He carrys on like a ten year old. Then we have Ellie, who is 11. My neice is 11 and you would get nothingpast her. She questions eveything. She could never be bought off with a lemonade. She certainly knows whats right and wrong. Her knowledge of technology and what goes on in the world amazes me. Ellies portrayel is an insult to the children of Ireland.

nagdefy wrote: »
    Maybe Rose wandering around with sandwiches is part of the senility/alzheimers story line some posters felt was becoming a storyline for her character :)

Those sandwiches were probably meant for Stripey and the Ram, who have been lying low of late.

Are we agreed that Rose arriving at the hospital with 4 sandwiches for practical strangers was the most bullsh*t scene in FC history! Have they ever exchanged even a hello? She's only in FC about a year, not an old friend. Pure sh*te

Only the arrival of Nina to cover "woman falls in late night shopping centre" can make this better.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I actually can't judge her because she has been given a script and personality befitting of someone in playschool. But she is 11 or 12
    I don't care if she is 6 if you want an actor get one not some young one dragged off the street.

Actually the girl who plays Ellie has quite an acting cv on her. Won acting awards in America and has a BBC show.
    So it's pretty clear it's the script and direction that is what is wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I once had a substitute teacher in primary school give about 6 of us a £1 each if we got all our sums right. It worked! :D

She has done work for Disney also.

The actress is actually 13! Making her character act like a 4 year old is pathetic.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    We all know the actors are not to blame. Too many episodes, horrendous scripts, poor directing, abissmal storylines and I've heard almost no rehearsals. Hence why they deliver lines like they've just read them. But.......the child actors have always looked particularly bad. Ben takes the biscuit. What RTE execs are his parents. Again not entirely their fault. What age is Ben? He carrys on like a ten year old. Then we have Ellie, who is 11. My neice is 11 and you would get nothingpast her. She questions eveything. She could never be bought off with a lemonade. She certainly knows whats right and wrong. Her knowledge of technology and what goes on in the world amazes me. Ellies portrayel is an insult to the children of Ireland.

Well said, I had lunch with my 11 year old niece today and like yours, you'd get nothing past her. She has everyone well sussed. If Ellie was allowed act her age the storyline would be so much more convincing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Lads give Renee a break shes a great actress. The character clearly loves Heather and prayed for her to get better but now shes angry and in denial about her relapse plus shes scared of losing Ellie if the whole poisining episode comes out...all very realistic in my view.

Now...i know FC is dire when it comes to consistency but did they know this ep was broadcast on a Sunday??? Meeting clients, uniforms, homework, driving tests??? Maybe the ep is set on Friday.

Katys hair....so glossy and shiny. Spars best shampoo?

Cormdogg wrote: »

Sam Atwell (Kane in Home and Away in the 2000s), series consultant, what is he at and what'she being paid? Fair City was better in the 90s and noughties.

"Why did you do a bad thing Mammy"

"I put medicine in your tea"

"Who's Katy" (Eh, she is the girl who is on millions of bloody missing signs around the street you live on for the last year)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Lads give Renee a break shes a great actress.

Let's not get carried away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement