Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lads give Renee a break shes a great actress......o?

I'm on to you Pari....I mean Wanderer !!!

Ha, I actually just saw the post you deleted PP with just Wanderers post and I thought you and Wanderer were the same poster!

You get what I'm saying?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Let's not get carried away

"Whispering" Bob Charles.... calming influence on the whole mess. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lads give Renee a break shes a great actress.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Do the phelans and Dermot know that Ben and Ellie are brother and sister ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ha, I actually just saw the post you deleted PP with just Wanderers post and I thought you and Wanderer were the same poster!

Nope im just the one person!
    I stand by what i said, Una has done loads of acting work and she knows her stuff. Its absolutely realistic that the stress of covering up the poisoning combined with a daughter whom she prayed was better but is in fact worse led to an explosion of anger and tension and shes taking it out on Farrah.
    Anyone knocking her actions isnt really seeing the bigger picture or else they just dont want to..

• Advertisement

Nope im just the one person!
    I stand by what i said, Una has done loads of acting work and she knows her stuff. Its absolutely realistic that the stress of covering up the poisoning combined with a daughter whom she prayed was better but is in fact worse led to an explosion of anger and tension and shes taking it out on Farrah.
    Anyone knocking her actions isnt really seeing the bigger picture or else they just dont want to..

No what happened was PP quoted your "ah lads give.... a break..great actress" but it appeared as his own post, ie your name wasn't quoted just the post! So it looked like you had 2 accounts!
    He subsequently deleted it then and replied properly!
    Sorry, it makes sense in my head!!

People are just slagging her acting. tonight, She was very poor. She has been good back many a plot so she is clearly capable but tonight she was all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

nagdefy wrote: »
    Maybe Rose wandering around with sandwiches is part of the senility/alzheimers story line some posters felt was becoming a storyline for her character :)

Those sandwiches were probably meant for Stripey and the Ram, who have been lying low of late.
    I thought the sandwiches were for Katy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

I am confused as to why everyone in the town seems to be covering up Ellies drugging like something out of Bull Mc Cabes field ? Renee ok but Hugie, Bob and even Ama ? Wtf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

I strongly suspect that the posters who use the characters real names, very often praising their acting ability are cast members

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Robbie and Dermot not remember Jane is mad for money she blackmailed both Paul and Dermot before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

nagdefy wrote: »
    Rose and her sandwiches...jaysus couldn't you make a few when you were at it. About 2 for the family!!

The sandwiches were just an excuse to go there, she's just a noisy biatch.

hungrypig wrote: »
    I strongly suspect that the posters who use the characters real names, very often praising their acting ability are cast members

So you are Carrigstown's fast food joint?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought the sandwiches were for Katy.

I thought for Dominic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Lads give Renee a break shes a great actress. The character clearly loves Heather and prayed for her to get better but now shes angry and in denial about her relapse plus shes scared of losing Ellie if the whole poisining episode comes out...all very realistic in my view.

Now...i know FC is dire when it comes to consistency but did they know this ep was broadcast on a Sunday??? Meeting clients, uniforms, homework, driving tests??? Maybe the ep is set on Friday.

Katys hair....so glossy and shiny. Spars best shampoo?

Ah Wanderer, would you ever F off, i hope you have your being sarcastic
    Of course the dopy writers know what day it goes out
    and yes, why would Ben(over) have his uniform on, and drivig tests on a Sunday ???
    If they didnt know they need to be fired

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Of course the dopy writers know what day it goes out

To be fair, it doesn't HAVE to portray the same day it goes out on. If that were the case you're saying heather fell on Thursday and ciaran left ur wan to starve in her cell until Sunday? It was obviously supposed to be the day of /day after the fall .... ie Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Renee is getting on my tits i feel like throwing the tv out the window every time she's on she's really unbearable and the way everyone else in the family is ignoring her behaviour is ridiculous I was hoping Farah would give her a slap back, I find it hard to believe Ellie doesn't know who Katie is or it didn't dawn on her that it might be the same girl that's been missing that there's bloody posters of her up everywhere, The real problem Fair City has is what the hell are they gonna do once this whole Katie storyline is over maybe that's why they keep dragging it out for so long. Oh and Katie's hair looked in very good condition tonight for someone being held hostage.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Of course Ellie knows who Katy is. Katy was working for Farrah after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Has anyone informed Brendan what has happened? Surely as Ellie's father,he has a right to know what's going on with his child?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Did we ever find out what actually happened with Heather (and presumably Brendan) in Brazil?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MelanieC wrote: »
    Has anyone informed Brendan what has happened? Surely as Ellie's father,he has a right to know what's going on with his child?

Brendan like all previous doctors of carrigstown has been long forgotten.......sure elle doesn't even mention him, no doubt the writers have forgotton him too, if you asked them now about brendan , they be like "who was he again?:confused:"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

To be fair, it doesn't HAVE to portray the same day it goes out on. If that were the case you're saying heather fell on Thursday and ciaran left ur wan to starve in her cell until Sunday? It was obviously supposed to be the day of /day after the fall .... ie Friday.
    That's true. Wed and Thurs episodes were spread over one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Does anyone know how Fair City does in the tv ratings? They must be getting high numbers otherwise it would have been kicked to the kerb long ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

youwould wrote: »
    Of course Ellie knows who Katy is. Katy was working for Farrah after all!

Correct! Katy was working in Spar for ages

The two scenes where Ciaran was left alone with Ellie (and conveniently able to brainwash her) and then drove her home were incredibly unrealistic. He doesn't even know her and I think he has been on only one date with her aunt Farrah.

Does anyone know how Fair City does in the tv ratings? They must be getting high numbers otherwise it would have been kicked to the kerb long ago?

Doing very well, usually in second place behind the Late Late on roughly 350k viewers, but an episode last week had 468k viewers and was actually ahead of the Late Late Show.

MelanieC wrote: »

Mmmm dunno about that . Jo doesn't know about Binjamin being in the verge of becoming an orphan .......or enquire about his life threatening illness . It's highly unbelievable that any mother would just let her child Fcuk off back to Ireland and never stay in touch .

But you know FC .....out of sight out of mind ......this precedent was created from the beginning.

If I was Farrah I'd have slapped Renee back . She put up with all this **** last year from Renee when Renee wouldn't have a bad word said about Heather.

I'd be heading straight to that social worker , let Renee and her ever increasing band of liar friends deal with it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Strazdas wrote: »
    Doing very well, usually in second place behind the Late Late on roughly 350k viewers, but an episode last week had 468k viewers and was actually ahead of the Late Late Show.

Generally, I enjoy Fair City. Cannot say the same about that other programme mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

The two scenes where Ciaran was left alone with Ellie (and conveniently able to brainwash her) and then drove her home were incredibly unrealistic. He doesn't even know her and I think he has been on only one date with her aunt Farrah.

i think he "saved" her in the past. Something in the shop. Cant recall the exact details.. a while a go now.

• Advertisement

i think he "saved" her in the past. Something in the shop. Cant recall the exact details.. a while a go now.

Another siege! There are so many you can be forgiven for forgetting! Iinvolved Jake and his homeless but scrubbed up and seemingly always flush with money for coffee and pints and food mate who had a syringe and the most ridiculous actions of Detective Deegan!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement