Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Another siege! There are so many you can be forgiven for forgetting! Iinvolved Jake and his homeless but scrubbed up and seemingly always flush with money for coffee and pints and food mate who had a syringe and the most ridiculous actions of Detective Deegan!

We're surely due another siege around now are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I can't believe it. A whole episode last night and not one scene of Chistanio fixing his scarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

hungrypig wrote: »
    I strongly suspect that the posters who use the characters real names, very often praising their acting ability are cast members

or know them..i'd suggest you are correct tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Another siege! There are so many you can be forgiven for forgetting! Iinvolved Jake and his homeless but scrubbed up and seemingly always flush with money for coffee and pints and food mate who had a syringe and the most ridiculous actions of Detective Deegan!

Thats the one. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

bazermc wrote: »
    I can't believe it. A whole episode last night and not one scene of Chistanio fixing his scarf.
    I thought Nora was wearing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

If I was Farrah I'd have slapped Renee back . She put up with all this **** last year from Renee when Renee wouldn't have a bad word said about Heather.

I'd be heading straight to that social worker , let Renee and her ever increasing band of liar friends deal with it !!!

That's exactly what I'd be doing too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

youwould wrote: »
    Did we ever find out what actually happened with Heather (and presumably Brendan) in Brazil?
    He probably got involved in some ticket touting scandal in Brazil and is banged up in prison indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

I thought Nora was wearing it

No it was Carole wearing it when she met Nora-and she did indeed fix it. I thought of this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ah Wanderer, would you ever F off, i hope you have your being sarcastic
    Of course the dopy writers know what day it goes out
    and yes, why would Ben(over) have his uniform on, and drivig tests on a Sunday ???
    If they didnt know they need to be fired

Im pretty sure THATS sarcasm! I still don't know if that ep was meant to be set on Friday or did the writers and producers just make dozens of mistakes?

vkid wrote: »
    or know them..i'd suggest you are correct tbh

Or..........they are no relation to the actors, they are not the actual actors themselves, and they actually like the acting ability of some of the actors and praise them as such. I know that's a massive concept to get your head around so take a while to digest it.

I have never stood with the mainstream opinion and I aint gonna start now. I think both Renee and Heather are fantastic in their roles. People are forgetting that if Farrah suddenly comes clean about the poisoning then she is by default admitting that they, as a family, covered up the whole thing and they will lose Ellie to a foster family, how cant people see this?? Yes, Renee is a lot angrier but its realistic as she really wanted Heather to be well and now all the past, as well as her possibly about to die, is making her explode.

Without these storylines we would be left with some tourist opening up a business or 2 builders who don't get on, imagine how bad that would be. But its probably easier to just say that I'm Heather eh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why is Bob and Ama covering for Heather, do they not remember what she did with Dr. Shane

sure lets talk about our business in spar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It's not Renees emotions people are commenting on or criticising. It was the actresses acting during a couple of those scenes. She completely over acted and it can't be a coincidence most people seem to say the same thing!

But you are certainly entitled to disagree! I have never criticised the actress that plays Renee, she is "great" but more a standard of good, sometimes pulls off better.
    But last night most people thought she had a shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

nagdefy wrote: »
    Am i correct in saying Ellie is an excellent dancer/singer? Was she on some show over Christmas?

Close, she tried to represent Ireland in the Junior Eurovision last year with the questionable song "Popsicle".

Presumably with the FC writers treating her like a 4 y/o she decided to write a song from the perspective of an 18 y/o to make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

The video version is cute, I really like that kid, she's not your typical Billie Barry brat.

currants wrote: »
    The video version is cute, I really like that kid, she's not your typical Billie Barry brat.

She seems to be in demand. BBC kids show, Disney work, advertisements with the likes of McDonald's and a few awards in drama schools in America.

Kind of emphasises the way her character is written that you would think she is just an average kid.

The girl is 13 playing an 11 year old that talks and acts like a 4 year old.

The scene with Love hate was good. Her facial expression was really good but still made annoying by the fact she is acting so clueless for her age.

I actually think they should have perhaps portrayed her as having a slight learning difficulty (hardly an unrealistic thing) if they wanted to go down the route they have with her personality. (I say that with respect)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

I think its simply a case of the writers not knowing the difference between a 5/6 year old and an 11/12 year old. They've never explained either why ellie doesn't speak any Portuguese

I think its simply a case of the writers not knowing the difference between a 5/6 year old and an 11/12 year old. They've never explained either why ellie doesn't speak any Portuguese

She grew up with her mother and "father" who both spoke English! Far from the biggest problem with Ellie's character! I think Charlie and Ama's ever changing accents are far more intriguing!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Imagine turning up to do your driving test in a limo....Gas!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

laylag wrote: »
    Imagine turning up to do your driving test in a limo....Gas!

Only in Fair city!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, they have the 'character' right but entirely the wrong age range. They have her interacting with her mother and other relatives as if she was a 5/6 year old when an 11 year old girl would be much more savvy and not easily fobbed off. It's a strange one as they seem to have Ben and Zoe as more age appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

She grew up with her mother and "father" who both spoke English! Far from the biggest problem with Ellie's character! I think Charlie and Ama's ever changing accents are far more intriguing!

she should have some Portuguese . . doesn't every four year old watch Dora the Explorer . .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I was just listening to Arena on the radio. They had Amilia Clarke Stewart and Daithí Mac Suibhne (Katie and Emmet )in an interview. Not about FC but a play that he is in and she is directing. I only got the end of it so didn't hear the full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Where is Binjimins real mam? Seriously?! Acting as a third wheel for Jo and her doctor fella? I mean seriously! !

Never seen this article before!

http://http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/fair-city-behind-the-scenes-at-carrigstown-434438.html

There is some delusional quotes therein!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Close, she tried to represent Ireland in the Junior Eurovision last year with the questionable song "Popsicle".

Presumably with the FC writers treating her like a 4 y/o she decided to write a song from the perspective of an 18 y/o to make up for it.

Holy mother of God. I didn't even know there was a junior Eurovision. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

sligojoek wrote: »
    I was just listening to Arena on the radio. They had Amilia Clarke Stewart and Daithí Mac Suibhne (Katie and Emmet )in an interview. Not about FC but a play that he is in and she is directing. I only got the end of it so didn't hear the full details.

I read somewhere that Amilia has her own theatre company or something, that seems to be her first love.

Absolutely. The best one (Katy story) surely being:

"A foiled escape attempt sent perspiration glands across the country into overdrive".

:D:D:D:D:D

And sweet Jesus no wonder theres little to no consistency in any of the show or characters:

“We have between 40 and 45 writers on our roster and stories are normally decided around 20 months in advance,”

40 and 45. FCUK!

Absolutely. The best one (Katy story) surely being:

"A foiled escape attempt sent perspiration glands across the country into overdrive".

:D:D:D:D:D

And sweet Jesus no wonder theres little to no consistency in any of the show or characters:

“We have between 40 and 45 writers on our roster and stories are normally decided around 20 months in advance,”

40 and 45. FCUK!

more writers than characters. Bizarre stuff. They say it as if it is a great thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Holy mother of God. I didn't even know there was a junior Eurovision. :pac:

Yep there is and they all mime the song. TG4. Sad ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement