Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The writer of that article obviously hasn't watched the show.
    It’s instantly recognisable as the basement inhabited by abducted Katy.

Hyperbole much.
    Viewers couldn’t have been more absorbed if Donald Trump himself had landed in Carrigstown via hot air balloon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

She grew up with her mother and "father" who both spoke English! !

Presumably tho she was an odd 6 years in the Brazilian education system

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Actually the girl who plays Ellie has quite an acting cv on her. Won acting awards in America and has a BBC show.
    So it's pretty clear it's the script and direction that is what is wrong here.

Reminds me of the saying "a bad tradesman blaming his tools"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Reminds me of the saying "a bad tradesman blaming his tools"

Gotta jump in here. Many many actors and in particular in soap opera's are dealing with stock writers and TV control room Directors. Neither of which fully if even, appreciate the art of drama, be it film or TV.

I've met and worked with a few current and past FC actors and they are better than what you see on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Gotta jump in here. Many many actors and in particular in soap opera's are dealing with stock writers and TV control room Directors. Neither of which fully if even, appreciate the art of drama, be it film or TV.

I've met and worked with a few current and past FC actors and they are better than what you see on the show.

968dbffd11d2b5fd243be3e42be55a65cb31fe951498a36d2250c6b95a347337.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

^^^Jasus where do you get your pics? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

^^^Jasus where do you get your pics? :D

Where else..........

christy-390x285.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Grandeeod wrote: »

The problem is that a lot of actors in FC and other soaps are given such ridiculously boring storylines and indeed characters that they cannot show their full potential. Orla is an example. That sick babby story was probably the worst FC storyline ever along with that Condors basketball one. You could have Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Tom Hardy, Liam Neeson, Bruce Willis and Daniel Craig onboard as the Condors and it STILL would not be good. I'm sure the person who plays Orla has more to offer but the character is written as a total bore with little to offer in terms of storylines. That is the fault of the way the character is written. Dermot was a lot like that too until they made him more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Where else..........

christy-390x285.jpg

Did Christy sell portland adventist hoodies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Where else..........

christy-390x285.jpg

Keep em comin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Or..........they are no relation to the actors, they are not the actual actors themselves, and they actually like the acting ability of some of the actors and praise them as such. I know that's a massive concept to get your head around so take a while to digest it.

I have never stood with the mainstream opinion and I aint gonna start now. I think both Renee and Heather are fantastic in their roles. People are forgetting that if Farrah suddenly comes clean about the poisoning then she is by default admitting that they, as a family, covered up the whole thing and they will lose Ellie to a foster family, how cant people see this?? Yes, Renee is a lot angrier but its realistic as she really wanted Heather to be well and now all the past, as well as her possibly about to die, is making her explode.

Without these storylines we would be left with some tourist opening up a business or 2 builders who don't get on, imagine how bad that would be. But its probably easier to just say that I'm Heather eh :rolleyes:

Or úna

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Right, who's up for a FC drinking game for tonight's episode. Tequila at the ready lads! Take a shot everytime.....
    1. The word 'plan' is said.
    2. Christy Ah No flicks his scarf.
    3. You see Jane's bare shoulders.
    4. Zoe calls to her how her Da is doing.......

I think that'll get us all sufficiently tipsy! Feel free to add to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I remember seeing last week on fair city on the blackboard outside the station or the bistro or wherever - Soup and a sandwich: €3.50.

Where in Ireland can you get soup and a sandwich for €3.50 aside from fair city?

My local coffee shop might be able to do it for something like 6 or 7 euro. The local hotel does soup and sandwich for 10.50.

I think I will happily give this muck a miss this evening. It will be much more of the same no doubt with no progression. Just Tenner shouting at Farrah and that will be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Carol and Paul were in business, luxury limos, so she would lose too and Robbie is helping Dermot :confused:

rustyf81 wrote: »
    Right, who's up for a FC drinking game for tonight's episode. Tequila at the ready lads! Take a shot everytime.....

Here's another one. Heather is in ICU now. Have a drink every time you see a random fair city villager in visiting the ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

rustyf81 wrote: »

Every time Glenrose turns up in a random scene, that is nothing to do with her, with a box of hang sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Just catching up on the last few episodes. Renee hasn't got a brain cell in her head! Heather could murder 10 people and Renee would still defend her and think she is a great daughter and blame Farrah for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

max life wrote: »
    Just catching up on the last few episodes. Renee hasn't got a brain cell in her head! Heather could murder 10 people and Renee would still defend her and think she is a great daughter and blame Farrah for it!

Cannot understand why Renee seems to almost hate Farrah. She makes no secret that Heather is her favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cannot understand why Renee seems to almost hate Farrah. She makes no secret that Heather is her favourite.

This part is very plausible. Some mothers 'do' have strong favourites, to the point where they're besotted with one child and nearly hate another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Strazdas wrote: »
    This part is very plausible. Some mothers 'do' have strong favourites, to the point where they're besotted with one child and nearly hate another.

Plus the guilt at having abandoned her and the nagging feeling that maybe it led to all of Heather's problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Tough being a kid in FC. Ellie's Dad awol in Brazil and mother teaching poisoning techniques.

Ben had 2 mothers fighting over him and now they're awol.. leaving a Dad who tried to create a happy future for him by becoming a criminal and having to now uproot him again!!

Ruthie shipped off for xmas.

We all know about Jack too.

These are the future of FC, interesting times ahead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Another thing that's very unrealistic about fair city is the amount of people who have no contact at all with their extended family, Take Heather where are her adopted parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins who she grew up with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Remember Doug was doing these dodgy deals ordering all this stuff for Wayne through the garage is that storyline dropped or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Strazdas wrote: »

Some Mothers Do Ave Em alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Remember Doug was doing these dodgy deals ordering all this stuff for Wayne through the garage is that storyline dropped or what?

I thought Oisin would have copped on to this when running the garage, doubt Callum would :P all worried about the speakeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Do the phelans and Dermot know that Ben and Ellie are brother and sister ?

I don't think they have ever mentioned it for reasons only FC writers understand.

max life wrote: »

What did farah do to deserve it I wonder ? I feel sorry for her. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Flicking through the synopsis for each upcoming episode on the tv doesn't seem like much is going on in Fair City this week but hold the phone for next Tuesday where Eoghan goes for a job interview in an Arcade:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Flicking through the synopsis for each upcoming episode on the tv doesn't seem like much is going on in Fair City this week but hold the phone for next Tuesday where Eoghan goes for a job interview in an Arcade:)

Fair City, keeping you on the edge of your seats as always (although for completely different reasons than the writers think)! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement