Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

There was a post a bit back saying what if Love/Hate would put Ellie in with KT, I was thinking of what Ellie told Farrah before it, Farrah telling someone else ... and L/H's garage looking like this
    latest?cb=20060921191754

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Dusty Springfield to Carol : "Would you like me to mind Jack for a while?"
    Carol : "Thanks, but no thanks. Jack is my little boy, and I never let him out of my sight for even a minute. On the very rare occasion that I might need a child - minder, I always insist that she or he must have FETAC Childcare Certification, to at least Level 5. A mother's work is never done, sure 'tis not?"

After working together in McCoy's, wouldn't you think Jane would at least peep into Header's ward to see how she's doing? Yeah, I know Dermy would have to get out of that single hospital bed to let Header in to it, but they could arrange something.

Dusty to Sash and Carol : "Ah look, you shouldn't have gone to all that trouble. "
    No trouble at all, Missus . A €2.99 cake from Spar and a little plastic car from the Pound shop. And sure them two ould balloons are hanging there since Bela's 21st birthday party. Shame to see them go to waste.

KT to L/H : "But Ciaran, you and I are friends."
    Well, I hate to be the one to break it to you like this, Kate, but the thing is..
    You see Ciaran wouldn't really fit into the general meaning of the word 'friend'. A real friend probably wouldn't abduct you, keep you In a six-by-four cell, give you a Selection Box for Christmas, and buy you a cheap Clinic Medicated shampoo from the local shop. But apart from those little drawbacks, sure he's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Tonight Renee, Bob and Hughie reminded me of a line from Braveheart..

It's Brendan Gleeson's Scottish character Hamish when Wallace says he's going to visit Robert the Bruce's castle to organise forces against the English.

Hamish asks him is he mad and says the Scots nobles are:

'A nest of scheming bas*ards that couldn't agree on the colour of sh*te!' Well that's Hughie, Bob and Rennee except, on reflection, tonight the schemers did agree on the colour of sh*te much to Farrah's protestations!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Social worker goes to the hospital at what time? 8 am? At the off chance Ellie's family are there to make an appointment for later in the day! FFS! No phones, no?

I was wondering if it was even appropriate for the social worker to be there at all. Surely the first meeting would take place in a home and not a hospital!

I do think Una Crawford O'Brien has been performing well in the last few episodes, even if Renee is driving me demented with her sudden hatred of Farrah. I agree that it's guilt and love driving her to side with Heather, but at what cost to her relationship with Farrah? Caroline Harvey has also been playing a blinder as Farrah lately IMO. (And no, I am not a cast member ;))

• Advertisement

Someone asked about Heather's adoptive family. IIRC she was an only child whose father had passed away and when she reconnected with Renee, her adoptive mother wasn't best pleased and she passed away some time later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

It's the poor letting agent waiting in Drumshambo with keys I feel sorry for

A brief observation. Hughie is actually in no way related to Heather. Why a Doctor would consult him in anyway on Heathers condition who knows? Why a social worker would consult him on Ellie's living arrangements who knows? Sure Bob & Renne are only back a couple a few weeks. Don't know why he is involved in the discussion either?

Heather rightly screwed over Bob's son, does he side with Farrah? No! Farrah is Hughies actual blood related neice. Heather is the daughter of his brothers ex wife. Does he side with Farrah? No! The writers can't keep track of this family's dynamic at all! Any chance the social worker would give Ellies Dad a buzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wheres Zoe?? STILL in South America and missing school and her dad dying all this time?

Has Paul not once logged on to his account to see that his money is gone?

Its simple lack of logic like these that make FC such an easy target for derision.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Wheres Zoe?? STILL in South America and missing school and her dad dying all this time?

Has Paul not once logged on to his account to see that his money is gone?

Its simple lack of logic like these that make FC such an easy target for derision.

Zoe hasn't returned yet. I'm guessing a tour of the Galapagos Islands would last ten days at most, so she should have been back at least two weeks ago.

The Paul bank account thing is very hard to believe alright. The idea that 800k could be transferred out and Paul not even be aware of this several weeks later is baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

youwould wrote: »
    Someone asked about Heather's adoptive family. IIRC she was an only child whose father had passed away and when she reconnected with Renee, her adoptive mother wasn't best pleased and she passed away some time later.

How convenient:rolleyes: Where are Brendan Dailys family ? Do none of them have any interest in Ellies well being or are they all dead too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Article in mirror today saying Love Hate is bored of being a kidnapper. Join the club! Elsewhere Dermot throws Niamh 20k to shut her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Cazale wrote: »
    Article in mirror today saying Love Hate is bored of being a kidnapper. Join the club! Elsewhere Dermot throws Niamh 20k to shut her up.

Ha ha and we are bored of the bloody story line.

Also was it just me or did KT look completely different in last nights episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

coolhull wrote: »
    Dusty Springfield to Carol : "Would you like me to mind Jack for a while?"

Who are you referring to as Dusty Springield?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

maurv1 wrote: »
    Disgusting behaviour from Bob, Hughi (slippery lying slime balls) and Renee tonight, particularly Bob and Hughie(Renee just bat**** crazy at this stage). :mad:

If the welfare woman doesn't follow up seriously the allegations,yet another big fail on the writers of this crap!

What the hell is wrong with Dermo at this stage anyway(little annoying git!). Is the liver being rejected? Just put him out of his misery (and us too) at this stage.

I am shocked at Bob, he knows what Heather is truly like :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

bazermc wrote:
    Also was it just me or did KT look completely different in last nights episode?

She looked like she had a day out in the spa! Maybe it was her new shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She looked like she had a day out in the spar! Maybe it was her new shampoo.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Is this a joke or a blatant spoiler :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is that L/H the actor or the character?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

DO NOT post something of so much significance without a link !!

• Advertisement

I think next to be poisoned should be Renee, put her out of action for a while, a coma if Dermot's bed is freed up :p

I think its selfish of Rose to make Sandwiches for Heather and not poor Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She looked like she had a day out in the spa! Maybe it was her new shampoo.

It was the sweets, I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I hope Love Hate didn't say anything negative about FC, or else he will be gone and recast as KTs kidnapper for the next 2 years...

I think its selfish of Rose to make Sandwiches for Heather and not poor Dermot

ROFL

Does Rose see Ciaran as another grandson now?

A brief observation. Hughie is actually in no way related to Heather. Why a Doctor would consult him in anyway on Heathers condition who knows? Why a social worker would consult him on Ellie's living arrangements who knows? Sure Bob & Renne are only back a couple a few weeks. Don't know why he is involved in the discussion either?

Heather rightly screwed over Bob's son, does he side with Farrah? No! Farrah is Hughies actual blood related neice. Heather is the daughter of his brothers ex wife. Does he side with Farrah? No! The writers can't keep track of this family's dynamic at all! Any chance the social worker would give Ellies Dad a buzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone got Deegan's number. We need him to contact his mates at Interpol and put out an APB for this fella

017_fc50a280881b76e8f570240d835e9d09a25ffc36.jpg

While he's at it he should round up all the runaway parents and get them back to sort things out !
    Jo, Deirdre, Dr Africa............................

Very un PC of me but does anyone else think Hughie looks like the missing link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

nagdefy wrote: »
    Very un PC of me but does anyone else think Hughie looks like the missing link?

Ah no. We've had actual pics up before!

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah no. We've had actual pics up before!

Oh right, this point has been raised before:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement