Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Nicola has aged a lot since I last watched FC. Don't ask me how I got into it over the last two weeks but I was very disappointed we didn't see Niamh tell Paul.

The woman is just about 50. I think she looks well. In fact I don't think she looks all that different than ten years ago. She always reminds me of one of Sabrina the teenage witches aunties.

It is absolutely absurd that the revelation of the Plan or even Niamhs knowledge of the affair or whatever the fk it is, didn't happen in last night's episode. In fact there was absolutely no progress in any storyline.
    Another stumble by Dermishhhhh (offscreen of course!!) But we have had 20 of those already. Cue him being grand Tuesday.

As I said they really fk the viewers over. First with the big promo trailer a fortnight ago with its "Who will save KT" voiceover as if they are going to let her (us) out of her misery that week and now this where all the media stuff and lead up more or less said "this is the night the plan is revealed/Niamhs reveals/Niamhs leaves)

The only shocking moment was when Callus eventually took his be any hat off.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Don't think he's going to meet his maker yet though, there was something written on the compass that he had to tell Ben about so they will hardly kill him off just yet.

What? You've obviously never heard of the magic of Uniflu!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Tuesday fair city.... Dermot feels better and Niamh is back to keeping THE PLAN secret. I think I'm going to be sick......

'' Dermot begins to feel better, but there can be no more hiding the seriousness of his condition from Ben, and after revealing the truth to his son, he begins to make arrangements for his children's future once he dies.

Meanwhile, Niamh makes a desperate attempt to keep her plot a secret, and Debbie fears Eoghan's whirlwind romance with Jackie is only a means for him to avoid dealing with his emotional turmoil. Plus, Jake's flamboyant brother, Cristiano, arrives in carrigstown''

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dermot and Jane - most unlikely coupling ever!!! Does she actually like him?? You never know with her!

leahyl wrote: »
    Dermot and Jane - most unlikely coupling ever!!! Does she actually like him?? You never know with her!

of course she doesnt! She is in on the Plan

• Advertisement

Tuesday fair city.... Dermot feels better and Niamh is back to keeping THE PLAN secret. I think I'm going to be sick......

'' Dermot begins to feel better, but there can be no more hiding the seriousness of his condition from Ben, and after revealing the truth to his son, he begins to make arrangements for his children's future once he dies.
    ''

Hardly a spoiler!! Mere confirmation of what we all knew would stem from this "collapse"

As Greasy said last night at the end, (in what I assume was a reference to many peoples wishbone wish over dinner that this story will be over soon)" "it is not looking good"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Do Clar and Nicola have a child together? Cause she said to Oisin, your sister is with Alastair so we have nothing better to do? Who is Alastair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Yes Nicola has an 9 yo daughter named Sofia who is in a primary boarding school

amtc wrote: »
    Oh and why were the homeless American?

Trump is president thats why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I think it was a big FU to the fans to not wrap up the Katy storyline.

• Advertisement

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I think it was a big FU to the fans to not wrap up the Katy storyline.

It really was. The plot and Ciaran is/are just a parody of itself/himself at this stage.
    Milking a story that any other soap would make interesting and somewhat scary even. It is like "playtime with LoveHate" everytime he joins her in the cardboard cell now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Im thinking the inscription on the compass is a bank account with the stolen money in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

youwould wrote: »
    Heather is home for Christmas and instead we get Paul and all his women?

What they see in him is beyond me? (A bit like Donald Trump).
    Euros and Dollars help I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Ciaran should have brought some mistletoe.

Plots for the next week. Cristiano sounds like he could be fun!
    27/12/2016
    Dermot begins to feel better, but there can be no more hiding the seriousness of his condition from Ben, and after revealing the truth to his son, he begins to make arrangements for his children's future once he dies. Meanwhile, Niamh makes a desperate attempt to keep her plot a secret, and Debbie fears Eoghan's whirlwind romance with Jackie is only a means for him to avoid dealing with his emotional turmoil. Plus, Jake's flamboyant brother, Cristiano, arrives in Carrigstown.

28/12/2016
    Niamh panics when Paul tells her he plans to find a new accountant, and she tries to solve the problem by volunteering to do it for him. However, when she checks the account, she is horrified to find it completely empty. Cristiano reveals the truth about his sudden trip to Ireland, and Katy formulates a new plan after she begins to suspect Ciaran will not be as good as his word. Meanwhile, Eoghan begins telling people about his new relationship, causing Jackie to get cold feet.

29/12/2016
    Niamh makes the mistake of using Jane to get revenge, a furious Cristiano learns the truth about Jake and Katy is panicked when she fails to win back Ciaran's friendship.

01/01/2017
    Nora plans to restore her driving licence, by fair means or foul. Dermot is urged to prepare Ben for life without him, and Farrah learns a familiar face might be returning home.

Ciaran should have brought some mistletoe.

He is waiting for the Leap year in 2020 so Katy can ask him to marry her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Another classic line from last night:

Despite the fact that there has been a big camera pointed right at her for the past 8 months, when Love Hate said to Katy "I want you to have this photo of your family instead of having to sketch them" and she turns around to him, all disgusted, "Have you been WATCHING me???"

:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Another classic line from last night:

Despite the fact that there has been a big camera pointed right at her for the past 8 months, when Love Hate said to Katy "I want you to have this photo of your family instead of having to sketch them" and she turns around to him, all disgusted, "Have you been WATCHING me???"

:P:P:P:P:P

"Why are you doing this?"

walshb wrote: »
    "Why are you doing this?"

i-know.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Bella seemed out of place at the Brennens yesterday, I thought he'd be with Caz and Charlie.. Although he wasn't the only one looking out of place a the Christmas dinners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Xmas day and they're all still in Spar. Bob and René were in the Duke for a drink on Friday night. Some woman went up and nearly screamed the place down, saying she was a huge fair city. It took here 5 min to twig who Rene was and she went back over screaming again. They had enough then and left. Bizzarre

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Do Clar and Nicola have a child together? Cause she said to Oisin, your sister is with Alastair so we have nothing better to do? Who is Alastair?

Is he the sister's dad?

Bloom was at a loose end on Xmas f*cking day!!!!!

Dermot has very strange facial hair

Callum has become a very annoying, unlikeable character since he returned. Was grand before he left, normal mature enough guy but he has now developed into a childish eegit, with an unhealthy obsession and hatred towards a guy he has just met and is his half brother.

I am not sure who picked him up on that roundabout he was thumbing on (yes thumbing on a fking roundabout!!) but they must have clattered him across the head.

Even the beany hat annoys me.

And we all know it is not that I am ever unreasonably irritated by FC characters.............! I am pretty placid in that respect.....................!

Put your passport away for chrissake Niamh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

This was on again (a repeat) in the background:

Nicola: "he's not much older than Rachel"

LOL!
    Ben is such a whiny little sh1t - "this is boring.....that was before the internet". The little dickhead. There's loads of great things, games and hobbies etc aside from the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Jane walked out from Dermot's kitchen "that's dinner done" she says and looking as fresh as a daisy. So, so fake. In reality you'd be working up a sweat in the kitchen, bend over a cooker and your face red.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Dermot said to Ben that he should call over to Brennan's as Callum is looking for someone to play the xBox with him.

Now I am not an expert on this sort of thing and I am not even sure what an xBox given I am old and have girls not boys, but seriously wtf....................is Callum only 12????

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Dermot said to Ben that he should call over to Brennan's as Callum is looking for someone to play the xBox with him.

Now I am not an expert on this sort of thing and I am not even sure what an xBox given I am old and have girls not boys, but seriously wtf....................is Callum only 12????

To be fair Binjummmmmminnnnnnnn is acting more mature than Callum at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement