Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Wasn't it just before the transplant that he was being told the cancer had spread to his lungs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Wasn't it just before the transplant that he was being told the cancer had spread to his lungs?
    200w.gif

Nope

I'm sure it was, they told him that his breathing had been affected by the spread of the cancer, that it was in the lining of his lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Well, yes. Fortunately, a spare pair of lungs became available that day as well. The surgeons also told him they had a few more body parts knocking around if he wanted to look through them and take his pick. Dermish eventually settled on a spleen and a small colon. "You never know when you might want 'em."
    But he turned down the offer of a rarely - used rectum.
    "But Dermot," said the surgeon, "you never know when you might have a use for a spare one."
    "Thanks, doc, but I won't need a second - hand rectum.
    When Paul finds out that I've robbed all his money, he'll be so mad he'll rip me a whole new assh*le..... "

I'm pretty sure on this one guys, because this has been personal! I know unfortunately way too much about liver cancer and I remember each and every medically farcical scenario. Obviously I'm not expecting it to be realistic but I'm certain he was told the cancer had spread, just for it to magically stop spreading with his new liver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm pretty sure on this one guys, because this has been personal! I know unfortunately way too much about liver cancer and I remember each and every medically farcical scenario. Obviously I'm not expecting it to be realistic but I'm certain he was told the cancer had spread, just for it to magically stop spreading with his new liver.
    I meant absolutely no offence to you or any transplant patient, budgese. But it is the kind of sh1te that goes on in Fair City, and usually the script writers are just begging to be mocked.
    Hope you're making a good recovery.

coolhull wrote: »
    I meant absolutely no offence to you or any transplant patient, budgese. But it is the kind of sh1te that goes on in Fair City, and usually the script writers are just begging to be mocked.
    Hope you're making a good recovery.

Oh it's not me buddy! A family member died from cancer of the liver. I'm not upset by what people are saying here at all, but I know my recollection is correct and Dermish was told the cancer had spread, was given ONE afternoon of chemo, and other medical BS that made me wonder if the scriptwriters are incapable of reading and as as writing. Seriously, wikipedia would even help.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Oh it's not me buddy! A family member died from cancer of the liver. I'm not upset by what people are saying here at all, but I know my recollection is correct and Dermish was told the cancer had spread, was given ONE afternoon of chemo, and other medical BS that made me wonder if the scriptwriters are incapable of reading and as as writing. Seriously, wikipedia would even help.

Yea Dermot was told that he had a terminal illness. There was no option of survival hence "the plan."
    Sure if he'd thought he had a chance of survival why would he run the risk of jail, losing his kids etc......Although it is Ben n Zoe we're talking about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Ever since FC began all the storylines have never really been brought to a conclusion .. Next to the Late last show FC is the 2nd most popular show on Rte .. .. I know we all laugh at this show but do

Ever since FC began all the storylines have never really been brought to a conclusion .. Next to the Late last show FC is the 2nd most popular show on Rte .. .. I know we all laugh at this show but do

Sorry, posted before I finished......

Do RTE think because FC is so high in their ratings it's because of the quality of the program.? .. They (Rte) really need to read this thread.... I hate when they interview one of the actors and they're all gushing about how great it is.. I think Love /Hate has damaged his acting career by taking part in this FC ****.

• Advertisement

Do RTE think because FC is so high in their ratings it's because of the quality of the program.? .. They (Rte) really need to read this thread.... I hate when they interview one of the actors and they're all gushing about how great it is.. I think Love /Hate has damaged his acting career by taking part in this FC ****.

And Katie .......10+ months living in a makeshift bedroom whinging "don't leave me" (while one kick in Ciaran's balls .. or even the walls would free her) ........ ain't a good career move!

And Katie .......10+ months living in a makeshift bedroom whinging "don't leave me" (while one kick in Ciaran's balls .. or even the walls would free her) ........ ain't a good career move!

It looks like she never even tried to claw at the walls, all the insulation looks untouched, it looks like insulation you'd see in a cartoon background.

The Katy storyline annoys me nearly as much as the Dermish liver cancer story. She should at this stage have clawed her fingers raw trying to get out. isolation for 10 months? She should have lost the plot by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And Katy's hair and skin looks better than mine, I think I need to be kidnapped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

I wonder why doesn't KT have a radio ? They could do cross promotion by having her always listening to 2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I wonder why doesn't KT have a radio ? They could do cross promotion by having her always listening to 2fm
    Or Liveline, to cheer herself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

she'll be on the late late when she gets out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'd say KT would be more like an Atlantic 252 girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The character who has appeared in the most episodes of Fair City isn't Paul, Charlie or Bella but Ray according to RSVP magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cazale wrote: »
    The character who has appeared in the most episodes of Fair City isn't Paul, Charlie or Bella but Ray according to RSVP magazine.

Hmm be dubious about this. There was a 2 year period where he barely got a scene.

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How can Farrah change her story again, there has to be some investigation, hope it backfires on Renee big time maybe Heather will wake up and admit the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 56,240 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have seen LH in LH and FC. He reminds me of Amy Huberman. They're just not actors. People reciting lines on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Hmm be dubious about this. There was a 2 year period where he barely got a scene.

That's what I thought! Can't post links through the boards app but if you go on RSVP website it's about the tenth story on their main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Cazale wrote: »
    That's what I thought! Can't post links through the boards app but if you go on RSVP website it's about the tenth story on their main page.

Ah sure it's gotta be true so. Whats RSVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Ha. I just remembered LH bought milk for KT. Presume it that's long life muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Katy should have gone completely and utterly insane by now. What LH is doing to her is actually worse than killing her, because at least then her ordeal would be over, he is inflicting torture on her by keeping her in that tiny, drab, cold featureless bathroom for the best part of a year now. What kept her going at first was survival instinct and curiosity as to who was doing it.

Now she knows its Ciaran and that he now surely is too much of a coward to face up to the effects of letting her go, she should have either tried to destroy her surroundings, start blocking up the sink, break the camera, go absolutely nuts on him and if that didn't work then she would have contemplated ending it all. That she just sits there week after week accepting her reality is beyond stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Does KT have a fridge for her milk and butter? A knife to butter her bread......use the fricking knife KT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

If I was Katie I would be trying harder to escape. Jane's T pronunciations are getting on my wick Dermuth

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lemmiwinks86

Just watching thursdays there. The bloody state of the stupid over exaggerated "I'm up to something but I'm trying to conceal it" facial expressions on Niamh 😂😂 You wouldn't see it in a bad sitcom. Abysmal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,856 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Just watching thursdays there. The bloody state of the stupid over exaggerated "I'm up to something but I'm trying to conceal it" facial expressions on Niamh 😂😂 You wouldn't see it in a bad sitcom. Abysmal.

I'd agree, this business of her beaming at Paul and Hayley and then scowling as soon as they turn their backs is a bit ridiculous.

The two of them seem pretty sharp and would know there was something up with her ie. that she is on to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement