Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lemmiwinks86

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'd agree, this business of her beaming at Paul and Hayley and then scowling as soon as they turn their backs is a bit ridiculous.

The two of them seem pretty sharp and would know there was something up with her ie. that she is on to them.
    Absolutely! It's awful cringe. She wouldn't be out of place in one of them sh1te American soap operas like sunset beach with that mad carry on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Absolutely! It's awful cringe. She wouldn't be out of place in one of them sh1te American soap operas like sunset beach with that mad carry on!!

Its a trait that seems to spill over into real life too. Saw an interview on Ireland AM with Clelia Murphy (Niamh) and she was doing the exact exaggerated hand movements and hair flicking that her character does all the time. Is that what she calls acting? Constantly shaking your head, scowling and using your hands to emphasise your point? Awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Seriously though could someone explain wtf was meant to be going on in this scene? I presume whoever decided to leave it in was fired ???? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=43VrKPuaE44

Its a trait that seems to spill over into real life too. Saw an interview on Ireland AM with Clelia Murphy (Niamh) and she was doing the exact exaggerated hand movements and hair flicking that her character does all the time. Is that what she calls acting? Constantly shaking your head, scowling and using your hands to emphasise your point? Awful.
    Or who could forget this aul gem

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8xq2tcQ71U

Quality

Seriously though could someone explain wtf was meant to be going on in this scene? I presume whoever decided to leave it in was fired ???? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=43VrKPuaE44[/quote

It's most likely real She probably read her latest script and realised this sh1te storyline isn't going to end for another 37 months :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Hey,don't insult Sunset Beach in that way,I lived for that show,it was amazing! They wouldn't touch Niamh with a bargepole!

MelanieC wrote: »
    Hey,don't insult Sunset Beach in that way,I lived for that show,it was amazing! They wouldn't touch Niamh with a bargepole!

That had some mad storylines alright (witch doctors and jerry springer dream sequences) it had quite the cult following... a bit like fair city I suppose 😂

I was sitting in a coffee shop in Drury Street today having a coffee (as you do :-)) and who walked past but Renee and Bob ....all loved up and looking great .

It took huge self control to not run out down the street after them to slap Renee hard and call Bob a two faced liar for betraying Farrah ! Maybe I need help.....this thread is becoming my reality !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

That had some mad storylines alright (witch doctors and jerry springer dream sequences) it had quite the cult following... a bit like fair city I suppose 😂

Infinitely more realistic....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I loved Sunset Beach, wish one of the 3 channels would repeat it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,856 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Seriously though could someone explain wtf was meant to be going on in this scene? I presume whoever decided to leave it in was fired ???? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=43VrKPuaE44

Certainly : the scene is meant to illustrate that Niamh doesn't know whether to laugh or cry at the shock revelation that Dermot has been double crossing her all along. The laughter would be at his sheer audacity for robbing her when she is trying to rob someone else and the tears because she risks being completely fleeced and losing everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Certainly : the scene is meant to illustrate that Niamh doesn't know whether to laugh or cry at the shock revelation that Dermot has been double crossing her all along. The laughter would be at his sheer audacity for robbing her when she is trying to rob someone else and the tears because she risks being completely fleeced and losing everything.

ah, is that what it was......... !

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Too many cooks............ :(

40-45 script writers no less all suffering chronic doses of amnesia!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

or she realises she can't afford to buy a new coat ever again and will have to live in the wine one forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Cazale wrote: »
    The character who has appeared in the most episodes of Fair City isn't Paul, Charlie or Bella but Ray according to RSVP magazine.

They probably looked at the IMDb website. Cast appearances are sketchy on that.

2.8/10 for our great soap on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

FairPlay someone actually uploading full episodes of Fair city on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

From next Sundays episode. No word on Explorer Zoe.

Callum struggles to help Ben and Jane accept that Dermot is gone for good, and when Paul discovers his money is irretrievable, Wayne becomes the target of his vengeance.

Callum struggles to help Ben and Jane accept that Dermot is gone for good, and when Paul discovers his money is irretrievable, Wayne becomes the target of his vengeance.
    ha, Dermisshhhh has to go, regardless. There is no way back in any bizarre world that he could get away with this. Likewise Niamh (doesn't deserve a nickname by the way) but we know there isn't a hope in hell of her leaving and will be back stroking Don Paulioni's bald head in a few weeks.

ha, Dermisshhhh has to go, regardless. There is no way back in any bizarre world that he could get away with this. Likewise Niamh (doesn't deserve a nickname by the way) but we know there isn't a hope in hell of her leaving and will be back stroking Don Paulioni's bald head in a few weeks.
    And the two of them won't be seen again until may no doubt.

WTF is he having a go at Wayne for???? Asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

A lot of the storylines will come to a head soon. I just hope things don't go well for Niamh. She has been nothing but selfish, manipulative and greedy.

A lot of the storylines will come to a head soon. I just hope things don't go well for Niamh. She has been nothing but selfish, manipulative and greedy.

It's the hope that kills

higuaine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

fin12 wrote: »
    WTF is he having a go at Wayne for???? Asshole.
    jane would make more sense.

In fairness, it is pretty clear why he will have a go at Wayne. Wayne will goad Paul about him being the victim of The Plan and Paul will snipe back. All rather predictable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

According to Fair City's twitter the story may finally reach the end tonight. I'm reaching I know! ;) As if the writers would give it a half decent end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

So did Niamh gets 400,000 euro all that for 400,00 doesn't Niamh know that she owns several business and a block of flats worth 1,000,000 euro she could of got way more of she probably left him

I think I missed something but one minute Niamh takes 20k from Dermot and now she has 400k... What happened there? I don't think I missed an episode.

In fairness, it is pretty clear why he will have a go at Wayne. Wayne will goad Paul about him being the victim of The Plan and Paul will snipe back. All rather predictable!

it's not Wayne has f*ck all to do with it and Paul mocked Wayne long enough when he lost all his mothers money, it's just completely pathetic on Pauls part, absolute bully picking on Wayne, why isn't Niamh getting the full force of it or will he not know she was behind it?

fin12 wrote: »
    it's not Wayne has f*ck all to do with it and Paul mocked Wayne long enough when he lost all his mothers money, it's just completely pathetic on Pauls part, absolute bully picking on Wayne, why isn't Niamh getting the full force of it or will he not know she was behind it?

Jeeez.......... It is just the script!!!

When I say it is pretty clear, I am just stating what will happen, not what should happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I wonder what will bring Niamh and Paul back together for the millionth time after The Plan? Does she try to pin everything on Jane/Dermot and run away with her share only to change her mind at the last minute when Paul strokes her hair and whispers that he loves her and that she is his "rock", at which point she puts back her passport and resolves to try her best to fix her marriage. Making the previous 6 months a complete and utter waste of time.

Or...will Paul find out all about his wife planning to run off with his money and when he confronts her, she explodes on him about all the affairs he has had and how he treated her like rubbish and put Oisin before the family etc etc. Paul is stunned, realises how much of a dcik he is. strokes Niamhs hair and tells her that he loves her and that she is his "rock", at which point she puts back her passport and resolves to try her best to fix her marriage. Making the previous 6 months a complete and utter waste of time.

Maybe Niamh will follow through with her Plan and when her share comes through she steals off into the night with her cash and a plan to stay in Barcelona to lay low until the heat is off. Paul finds Niamh and his cash gone, rings the Guards, and after 4 months of looking in the wrong place, Deegan eventually cops the link between Niamh/Dermot and the offshore accounts. He puts out a warrant for their arrest. Paul flies out to Barcelona, confronts Niamh, she explodes on him, blaming him for everything wrong in their marriage. He is stunned, realises how much of a dcik he is. strokes Niamhs hair and tells her that he loves her and that she is his "rock", at which point she puts back her passport and resolves to try her best to fix her marriage and Paul drops the charges. Making the previous 6 months a complete and utter waste of time.

We ALL know the Plan is going to end with Paul and Niamh back together, I just wonder what path will take them there. :confused:

• Advertisement

Jeeez.......... It is just the script!!!

When I say it is pretty clear, I am just stating what will happen, not what should happen!

Sorry I just hate when Paul has a go at Wayne. he's actually been bullying him for years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement