Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is Dermot actually going to give her half the money though? He's already double crossed her. The €20k isn't going to get her far...

Did anyone else think when she was taking to Jane in the shop that Niamh was going to say Get Dermot to give you the password? Wonder if there's one final twist that Jane fleeces Dermot and gets all the money for Callum?

He's given her 400 grand, she's got her money.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

fin12 wrote: »
    He's given her 400 grand, she's got her money.

Would Niamh not be better divorcing Paul, and taking half of his assets, The houses, the garage, the office block? And how much does Dermot have now? He's already spent 100k on his safe house getaway plan?

starWave wrote: »
    Would Niamh not be better divorcing Paul, and taking half of his assets, The houses, the garage, the office block? And how much does Dermot have now? He's already spent 100k on his safe house getaway plan?

I haven't a clue to be honest. The whole things a joke. I did like Niamh confronting Haley tonight, that was good.

Check out the Fair city player extra clip, the sh*t hits the fan Tuesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

starWave wrote: »

If only that was the only plot hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

You can pick up a fake passport on the dark web for a couple of grand each. Wonder what else is he getting for his 100k?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Be great if Ben got all the money and legged it back to America to Jo with Zoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ha, I am proud of this thread! I GENUINELY believe the writers read it (in fact I think there has to be one or two commenting on this as it is the main forum for the show ) and get ideas, wind the viewers up, create ridiculous scenarios borne out of cliches we have made out of the characters etc

Maybe they are the smartest writers in the business because if it wasn't for the ridiculous bizarre plots and this thread I wouldn't watch it!

Writer 41 and 27, I salute you, thank this post if you are out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Did anyone else roll their eyes when Niamh said Valentines Day. Dragging it out to the bitter end.

Yeah, I thought Neimh was quoting the writers though /ideas, when she said that.

All of us here have estimated the amount of money Derms has spent already on things like passports, meds and safe house etc, why can't the people who make FC see this? .. I'm fed up blaming the writers, there's continuity staff there to amend mistakes. ..

Wanderer, your posts are gas.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Check out the Fair city player extra clip, the sh*t hits the fan Tuesday night.

Much and all as she annoys me, Niamh should now keep schtum about the whole business as Dermish said there was nothing to link her.

Btw, what's all this about a "safe house" and why would it be needed for him?? Is the Russian Mafia or someone after him now?? Robbie comes across as very laid back about the whole thing and why exactly is he involved anyway or is he scamming Dermo behind it all.

A whole heap of schoite :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Cazale wrote: »
    I wonder how Katy is getting on with her stale bread and sour milk. Probably better craic than a weekend in Cobh though.

I have an inkling there'll be a phonecall "Oh hey Farrah, Oh, you've decided to stay in Cobh the whole week, ok bye bye"

No one leaves Carraigstown for a weekend!

As for the Jo situation. Between the writers could they not have written a semi plausible death for her?

Maintaining her as an overseas character_who we know we will never see again is bizarre enough. Let alone that she is the wife & mother of 2 characters who are making serious potential moves. Will she still be in the states when Ben celebrates his 18th birthday? She might call him. If an actor is axed, you kill them off or send them off for good. You don't have them interact with main players like a ghost for years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Following on from what Talking Bread said is there any actual proof that the writers read or reference anything in this thread? The only thing i have seen that comes close in the last year was Hughie saying with a big grin on his face "sounds like a PLAN".

SERIOUSLY THO WTF IS THE SITUATION WITH ZOE ???????????????????

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I have an inkling there'll be a phonecall "Oh hey Farrah, Oh, you've decided to stay in Cobh the whole week, ok bye bye"

As for the Jo situation. Between the writers could they not have written a semi plausible death for her?

Maintaining her as an overseas character_who we know we will never see again is bizarre enough. Let alone that she is the wife & mother of 2 characters who are making serious potential moves. Will she still be in the states when Ben celebrates his 18th birthday? She might call him. If an actor is axed, you kill them off or send them off for good. You don't have them interact with main players like a ghost for years to come

Even though the original Jo is gone they could still replace her with another Jo, they've done it before with other characters.

SERIOUSLY THO WTF IS THE SITUATION WITH ZOE ???????????????????

She's filming Planet Earth 3 over there with David Attenborough.

Paul's cash may be gone but surely he can just sell one of his houses, the garage or the pod and he's back in business. A bit of a setback but he's hardly ruined.

Is the pod, the hostel and is that where the Speakeasy pub is going and Barry's house is being sold to fund it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I wonder how Katy is getting on with her stale bread and sour milk. Probably better craic than a weekend in Cobh though.

Haha that's hilarious.

Following on from what Talking Bread said is there any actual proof that the writers read or reference anything in this thread? The only thing i have seen that comes close in the last year was Hughie saying with a big grin on his face "sounds like a PLAN".

Someone connected with FC be it actors, writers, producers, or extras has to be reading this thread.. if your job is been talked about you'd be googling what people are saying about it and we may have some of those people on here.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Even though the original Jo is gone they could still replace her with another Jo, they've done it before with other characters.

Haven't they even replaced old actors with new actors and then had the old actor coming back as a new character?

The actress playing Dr. Judith Dillon was the original Delores Molloy or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It is actually mad the way she's just randomly in the Galapagos Islands for a few months and missing all this school. How this idea came into a writer's head, never mind actually going through with it, is simply amazing.

Ben looks way too old to be still in primary school, he looks junior cert age

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Haven't they even replaced old actors with new actors and then had the old actor coming back as a new character?

The actress playing Dr. Judith Dillon was the original Delores Molloy or something like that.

I didn't know that Dr J was the original Delores. :eek:

monkey9 wrote:
    It is actually mad the way she's just randomly in the Galapagos Islands for a few months and missing all this school. How this idea came into a writer's head, never mind actually going through with it, is simply amazing.

Dermot threw her teacher 20k to keep her mouth shut.

This is from an article from 2014.... Cash-strapped RTE splashed out an astonishing €11.1million producing Fair City last year"
    However," TV insiders insisted it was impossible to produce a top-quality soap without spending a large sum... I wonder how much the UK soaps cost, that budget FC has is just taking the piss!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/cash-strapped-rte-spent-11-million-3119937

This is from an article from 2014.... Cash-strapped RTE splashed out an astonishing €11.1million producing Fair City last year" However," TV insiders insisted it was impossible to produce a top-quality soap without spending a large sum... I wonder how much the UK soaps cost, that budget FC has is just taking the piss!

Eastenders had a budget of 29 million sterling in 2011. They spent 2.9 million of that in scripts. Fair City spend €400 in comparison.

Eastenders had a budget of 29 million sterling in 2011. They spent 2.9 million of that in scripts. Fair City spend €400 in comparison.

I gave up watching EE years ago but when I did watch it it was realistic, unlike this ****e we're getting from FC... €11m, it hurts to read that they have such a big budget and screw it ⤴ up, no questions asked, except on here. ;) Ha!

Two great lines tonight about Niamh:

"Why are you still with him?" and "I guess some women like being treated like rubbish" ha ha.

Niamh is such a pathetic character at this stage that I take nothing she does or says seriously. I was waiting for Hayley to say to her "Then why the hell are you still with him" when Niamh told her she was just one of many. Laughable character.

The end of The Plan: Niamh tells Paul on Valentines shes leaving him, he strokes her hair, tells her she is his rock, then normal business resumes. :P

Didn't Niamh start herself as one of Paul's many

I did enjoy Niamh finally let Hayley knew she know for ages, I also thought Dean was getting suspicious or does he just want her back

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Can you imagine the auditions? Actresses trying to find their inner 'Ah Shur Lookit', say 'Dermish!' & 'Binjimin!' with sheer perfection AND keep their hands off of The Ram. Meryl Streep herself couldn't do it justice. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,857 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I said it on here at the time but most people missed it. You could hear Niamh on the phone to Dermot saying that the money had transferred but then Paul came in and she hung up. It was a blink and miss it scene and was a damp squib considering the build-up. That's why Niamh visited Dermot and said goodbye. She wouldn't have been so friendly if he was still holding out on her share!

Why doesn't Dermot just return his €400k to Paul's account then? That would mean that the only person who has stolen from Paul is Niamh.

He could come up with any number of creative excuses as to what happened or even pin the whole thing on Niamh and say it had nothing to do with him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement