Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

More unbelievable than Jo not being around is Deirdre staying over in America with Joe. After all she went through to get back in bens life, she abandons him to stay with his adaptive mother who she hates, in a foreign country.
    There has to be a grow house somewhere on the grounds of rte

SERIOUSLY THO WTF IS THE SITUATION WITH ZOE ???????????????????

You don't need to worry about a thing............that's the best the writers could come up with to explain the (literally) incredible story of Zoe.

Nice bit of social commentary by Leo, gripe and the ram regarding the housing crisis......just goes to show that the writers are keeping storylines current. Well done fair city writing team..........said no one ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

hungrypig wrote: »
    Nice bit of social commentary by Leo, gripe and the ram regarding the housing crisis......just goes to show that the writers are keeping storylines current. Well done fair city writing team..........said no one ever

That was written 20 months ago so it may be different script now

Has Dermisssshhh sold his house!!

• Advertisement

I have no clue whats going on

1. Where is Zoey
    2. The point of stealing the money was for the kids now that he is better why not return it?
    3. If Niamh's share can be un-seen by Paul why can't Dermot?
    4. Dermot made a marvelous recovery wtf
    5. Ben is a little **** refusing to go, do as your told you grrrrrrr
    6. Why can't Ciaran kidnap Ellie, Ben & Zoey
    7. Maybe Ciaran has Zoey, he can keep her lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The solution to Ben refusing to go was so stupid. Robbie: 'ok here's what we'll do , you go to the safe house and then Ben will follow you in a couple of days' How on earth does that address Ben not wanting to go??

lol

I'm my opinion Ben refusing to go is the most mature, logical and normal decision anyone of these people involved in the Plan have made in months!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,857 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

1. Where is Zoey
    2. The point of stealing the money was for the kids now that he is better why not return it?

The Plan must be the worst FC storyline ever.

Dermot is going on the run and becoming a fugitive criminal because.......well nobody really knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Strazdas wrote: »

I think the Lucy storyline was worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »

1. Where is Zoey

Dermot is going on the run and becoming a fugitive criminal because.......well nobody really knows.

I think Jane told him to, because he'd go to jail otherwise. But at the same time I thought he said he could put the money back without Paul knowing, so as usual, more holes in it than a sieve

I think Jane told him to, because he'd go to jail otherwise. But at the same time I thought he said he could put the money back without Paul knowing, so as usual, more holes in it than a sieve

Also, Dermot is an accountant with decades of experience (and Paul isn't). He could come up with any number of excuses why the money was taken out of the account and put back in again or even blame it all on Niamh. Worst case scenario is that Paul would fire him and hire a new accountant.

But Niamh has the money also! Yet there has been no reference to her even considering the implications! I mean does she think she will be given a pass because he had a sleepover or 2 with Howdya Hayley

Or have I missed something ( the most commonly used phrase by viewers with regard to this plot )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

max life wrote: »

I thought it was pretty ridiculous that we were meant to swallow that Harry Malloy had a relationship with an 18ish year old girl but this " The plan" storyline is like a bad mix of days of our lives and the twilight zone

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I thought it was pretty ridiculous that we were meant to swallow that Harry Malloy had a relationship with an 18ish year old girl but this " The plan" storyline is like a bad mix of days of our lives and the twilight zone

I forgot about that part of the Lucy saga. I just remember the bit about Jessica's corneas being donated to her! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

But Niamh has the money also! Yet there has been no reference to her even considering the implications! I mean does she think she will be given a pass because he had a sleepover or 2 with Howdya Hayley

Or have I missed something ( the most commonly used phrase by viewers with regard to this plot )

Maybe Niamh legally owns all the money now because Paul signed it all over for whatever deal they were doing on the speakeasy, and she's going to divorce him to get half of the assets.??

The whole point of The Plan was that Niamh was doing it to financially ruin Paul and Dermot was just meant to be a largely irrelevant side plot.

The most ludicrous part of the storyline is Dermot's total ingratitude to the hospital and staff for saving his life and effectively giving them a two fingered salute as he heads off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I also fail to see how Niamh thinks she is going to get away with this, she has effectively stolen half of Pauls money and does she really think that him having an affair is reason enough for him to stay quiet?? The only way she can be free is if she leaves the country and starts a new life with her money. But we all know shes going nowhere so this whole Plan has been a waste of 6 months.

She really must love being treated like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

But if Paul doesn't know that Niamh has the money, then leaves him, will it be that ne never knows any better?

I also fail to see how Niamh thinks she is going to get away with this, she has effectively stolen half of Pauls money and does she really think that him having an affair is reason enough for him to stay quiet?? The only way she can be free is if she leaves the country and starts a new life with her money. But we all know shes going nowhere so this whole Plan has been a waste of 6 months.

She really must love being treated like crap.

Well "the plan" was for her to flee the country and move to Spain (remember she was leaving on Christmas Day and had her passport ready). But there have been so many ridiculous twists and turns, I think the viewers can't even follow the plot any longer.

One bizarre aspect is that it has taken six months for the plan to come to fruition. Why not just rip Paul off the moment she found out he was sleeping with Hayley and flee the country then? The idea that she would carry on living with him all this time and playing happy families is laughable.....it makes her look like a psychopath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I'm lost. Who has the money? Does Dermot still have it? And why did Niamh confront Hayley? I thought she was waiting to get her hands on all of the money first before letting the cat out of the bag.

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    I'm lost. Who has the money? Does Dermot still have it? And why did Niamh confront Hayley? I thought she was waiting to get her hands on all of the money first before letting the cat out of the bag.

From what we can gather, Niamh now has her hands on half the money (400k) and Dermot has the other half.

It's a really implausible storyline though. The idea that the cheated on wife and his lifelong accountant (two people who don't even like each other) would enter into a partnership to rip off a businessman is just bonkers. The only way it would work would be if one of them on their own was trying to scam him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Cazale wrote: »
    I said it on here at the time but most people missed it. You could hear Niamh on the phone to Dermot saying that the money had transferred but then Paul came in and she hung up. It was a blink and miss it scene and was a damp squib considering the build-up. That's why Niamh visited Dermot and said goodbye. She wouldn't have been so friendly if he was still holding out on her share!

Thanks Cazale. I actually saw that bit and rewound it but couldn't understand why Dermot had paid her and why there was no discussion leading up to it. Its so badly written!

Can we take bets on how long before Niamh and Paul are back together playing happy families? I predict a few months of Niamh stomping her feet saying shes totally over Paul and wants to start a new life...they will be back living together by September.

You heard it here first!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Now that Dermot's house is empty, I wonder could it be incorporated into the Speakeasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

The whole thing is gas. But yet I can't stop watching it... deep down I love Fair City. I probably wouldn't watch it as much if it weren't for this thread though - it just makes it! :)
    People on here say the writers must be having a sneaky look at this thread but I wonder how many of the cast do too? They HAVE to be having an occasional glance! A good few of them seem to be fairly active on social media, they surely must be aware of boards... I'm not into twitter but it seems many of them are.
    I just often wonder, would love to know :)

I've a confession, I made a very silly jokey slagging to the actress that plays KT really the kidnap plot on twitter and she blocked me. It wasnt anything snidey or personally targetting her, in fact i I know of other FC actors who have done the same to others or launched aggressive defensive tweets when you make the sort of jokes we make on here (even the light ones)
    They praise their plots ridiculously and they can't acknowledge a balance. I think it's a good thing to be confident in your work and compliment your writers but you need to accept critical opinion also.

The chief writer (kane from Home and Away ) is also very active on twitter and is similarly very defensive. I criticises the legal issues surrounding Gripey being liable to Mumbles death and he didn't want to hear it!

I don't expect them to laugh criticism off but a bit of acknowledgment to viewers opinion would make me a lot less critical of the writers.

I think the actress behind KT is quiet good but I thought it was pretty petty to block someone over it. It was something about her not even making an attempt to escape or execute a plan to catch LoveHate off guard.

They 100% lurk around a thread like this. I have seen them responding to the Fair City Fans twitter and Facebook page which seems to be anotified inside job as it is extremely positive in its response to the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Can we take bets on how long before Niamh and Paul are back together playing happy families? I predict a few months of Niamh stomping her feet saying shes totally over Paul and wants to start a new life...they will be back living together by September.

You heard it here first!

I don't know..everyone seems to feel that Niamh and Paul will get back together again.

If the FC script writers really want to shake things up let them go their separate ways and develop new love interests for both of them. Plenty of scope for fresh material. Maybe a new face or two to enter the show or one of them getting together with an existing character. Niamh and Paul have been apart on the show for years in the 1990s and 2000s. Easily for as much time as they've been a couple.

The children isn't as big a deal now with Callum, Rachel and the other little weazle grown up. They can come to an amicable arrangement over Ruth. God knows she doesn't effect their lifestyle much as it is.

I don't see how it's in anyway predestined that Niamh and Paul get back together.

max life wrote: »

Mad Lucy was kinda enjoyable at the time us boardies loved it

• Advertisement

I've a confession, I made a very silly jokey slagging to the actress that plays KT really the kidnap plot on twitter and she blocked me. It wasnt anything snidey or personally targetting her, in fact i I know of other FC actors who have done the same to others or launched aggressive defensive tweets when you make the sort of jokes we make on here (even the light ones)
    They praise their plots ridiculously and they can't acknowledge a balance. I think it's a good thing to be confident in your work and compliment your writers but you need to accept critical opinion also.

The chief writer (kane from Home and Away ) is also very active on twitter and is similarly very defensive. I criticises the legal issues surrounding Gripey being liable to Mumbles death and he didn't want to hear it!

I don't expect them to laugh criticism off but a bit of acknowledgment to viewers opinion would make me a lot less critical of the writers.

I think the actress behind KT is quiet good but I thought it was pretty petty to block someone over it. It was something about her not even making an attempt to escape or execute a plan to catch LoveHate off guard.

They 100% lurk around a thread like this. I have seen them responding to the Fair City Fans twitter and Facebook page which seems to be anotified inside job as it is extremely positive in its response to the show.

I think what would help a lot about the balance issue you mention is a mutual agreement of us fans in this thread posting questions to the "Boards.ie Talking to Head of FC Scriptwriters". We would have to approach it politely and not knock them straight away on everything, just calmly outline the plotholes that ruin the show like Paul not checking his account or a foster service that is ok with a young girl spending months in the Galapogas whilst her foster dad is on deaths door and the writer/producer would have to come to the Q&A session with an open mind and willing to accept criticism. Cant see that happening though.

I'm not surprised she blocked you, what did you expect? For her to say "'you are bang on, I'm very annoyed Katy hasn't tried to escape".She has a boss like all of us so she has to box clever and portray a 100% positive spin on the show, that's probably part of their duties, to promote the show on social media. Of course they aren't going to entertain negative comments and they are trained in how to react to these. Remember she is handed the script and has to work with the material, you are attacking the wrong person there. She may even hate her character and her actions privately.

I would like to think in a country as tiny as Ireland and with no other outlet besides the official gushing FB and Twitter sites, that the actors like to have a little peek at this incredibly honest and raw thread which describes exactly what a lot of people actually think of the show. Maybe some people like watching to see how bad it can get but I never understood that concept- surely there are better ways to spend time? I don't like pizza but I'm not going to eat it 4 times a week just to confirm I don't like it...

No. FC can, every now and then, and I mean rarely, when the right actors, scriptwriters and plot align perfectly, be absolutely BRILLIANT and downright award-winning. I'm talking when Heather started to crumble, when Katy almost got out and even recently when Heather almost died, that could rival any drama on the planet. Sadly that high is always followed by a depressing months long low of grumpy builders, steroid addiction and American burlesque dancers, so in that respect I'm always chasing the first high of "Quality FC". I don't think The Plan is up to that calibre though! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement