Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Not really related to FC but can someone tell me how to view the spoilers on an iPhone? I usually view this thread on a computer but I'm on the phone the past couple of days and I can't seem to read the spoilers! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

youwould wrote: »
    Not really related to FC but can someone tell me how to view the spoilers on an iPhone? I usually view this thread on a computer but I'm on the phone the past couple of days and I can't seem to read the spoilers! 😊

Press quote on the post..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Bloom was at a loose end on Xmas f*cking day!!!!!

As was Hayley :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Dermot has very strange facial hair

It has the same colour and texture as Dolly's head hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Why was Bob and Renee leaving Ellie alone with Heather? It's not like she tried to kill her a couple of months ago. One of the many unexplained moments of last night's episode.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Press quote on the post..

Thank you! I felt a bit silly asking but it was driving me mad not knowing the spoilers. :P

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Why was Bob and Renee leaving Ellie alone with Heather? It's not like she tried to kill her a couple of months ago. One of the many unexplained moments of last night's episode.
    One of the spoilers for next week says that Farrah hears a familiar face may be returning. I assume it's Heather. Are we supposed to forget the fact that Renee said she was allowed home for Christmas?! The writers forget important plot-related stuff all the time so I suppose we must do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I think when Renee said Heather is allowed home for Christmas she meant sometime over the holiday and new year period, as if she had just got that news from the hospital. Thats how i took it anyway, i presume they went to her for dinner, it was late in the afternoon when Renee said that line about Heather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I don't think the animosity between oisin and callum is that hard to understand. Apart from the obvious thing of both being sons and heirs of roughly the same age,one of which received every privilege growing up and the other nothing. I know they hadn't met before now but Callum had obviously heard about Oisin's treatment of Jane,that in itself is enough to make him hate him. I know Callum isn't on best terms with Jane but at the end of the day she is still his mother and Oisin stalked,harassed and terrorised her.

I thought the Xmas episode was ok but they really should've had at least one big moment/twist. Dermish doesn't count as we know its just another one of his weekly turns and he'll be grand again next episode.

Absolutely no mention of Laura,Sash,Dan....especially Dan - with Sally gone,did Greasy & Caddle just leave him on his lonesome to sulk the day away?!

Also,just a random thought - who is the doctor these days? Judith, Shane, Jim all were totally (weirdly) integrated in the community, having social drinks with patients every night and handing out free diagnoses in the hungry pig,community centre,local spar etc. Are we now suddenly to believe that whoever the current doctor is,he/she doesn't venture outside the door or talk to anyone at all?

That's all that's bothering me for now! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I know they are busy preparing THE Fair City hospital bed for Dermot, but surely they have to consider re-casting Jo at this stage. They can't get away with her not supporting Ben and Zoey at their father's funeral. Aw, Dermot's funeral :(I'll be sad to see him go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Dermot is no more going to die than Ryan Tubridy is going to get fired from RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Oh yeah, I forgot about the miracle liver donation !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Dermot is no more going to die than Ryan Tubridy is going to get fired from RTE

Exactly. Hes a long termer who keeps his mouth shut and doesnt complain. He will be there along with Niamh Paul and Delores, for many years to come. To survive in FC you just shut up and read the sh!t script thats thrown at you.
    If you arent happy with that you go the way of Harry Jo and Christy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I wonder where Jack was while Carol and Robbie were feeding the homeless. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

MelanieC wrote: »
    I don't think the animosity between oisin and callum is that hard to understand. Apart from the obvious thing of both being sons and heirs of roughly the same age,one of which received every privilege growing up and the other nothing. I know they hadn't met before now but Callum had obviously heard about Oisin's treatment of Jane,that in itself is enough to make him hate him. I know Callum isn't on best terms with Jane but at the end of the day she is still his mother and Oisin stalked,harassed and terrorised her.

I thought the Xmas episode was ok but they really should've had at least one big moment/twist. Dermish doesn't count as we know its just another one of his weekly turns and he'll be grand again next episode.

Absolutely no mention of Laura,Sash,Dan....especially Dan - with Sally gone,did Greasy & Caddle just leave him on his lonesome to sulk the day away?!

Also,just a random thought - who is the doctor these days? Judith, Shane, Jim all were totally (weirdly) integrated in the community, having social drinks with patients every night and handing out free diagnoses in the hungry pig,community centre,local spar etc. Are we now suddenly to believe that whoever the current doctor is,he/she doesn't venture outside the door or talk to anyone at all?

That's all that's bothering me for now! ;-)

The Christmas Day episode was a strange one. It seemed like it was building up towards a big finale, but in the end very little happened in the episode at all, bar Dermot being carted off in an ambulance (and we already knew he was sick).

Doctor Judith / Jim / Shane regularly knocking back pints of beer in a pub a few yards away from their surgery was always incredibly far fetched. It certainly wouldn't do much for their image or standing in the community.....people would nearly assume the three of them must be alcoholics to be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

whoops at me for not realising there was a new thread . I was thinking it was fairly quiet over the Christmas

Where's Dermish's mam/dad/brothers/sisters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Did his brother not die?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Wait, how does Paul know "they all knew" about Dermo? And he wishes he could've been a better friend??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    Where's Dermish's mam/dad/brothers/sisters?

It's fair city, they've whittled his circle down to just Ben and Jane!

• Advertisement

LH holds KT captive for 8 months and he gets offended when she implies that he could be capable of thievery, and she actually apologises... who writes this bollix?

bazermc wrote: »
    Dermot said to Ben that he should call over to Brennan's as Callum is looking for someone to play the xBox with him.

Now I am not an expert on this sort of thing and I am not even sure what an xBox given I am old and have girls not boys, but seriously wtf....................is Callum only 12????

Yea! He's just thrown the lips on 2 young wans in his own gaff Xmas day now he's off to play a bit of Xbox!!!

If you were Eoghan would you be more annoyed getting Bob or the Rams sloppy seconds

what sort of an accent is that on Jake's brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I'm just after thinking about something.

Isn't Jane Ben's birth mother. She was with Ken (Dermot's brother) and they had a baby but Jane left the baby with Dermot and Jo.

Do Callum and Ben know they are half brothers. Probably the reason they were lumped together on Xmas day to play Xbox together.

bazermc wrote: »
    Dermot said to Ben that he should call over to Brennan's as Callum is looking for someone to play the xBox with him.

Now I am not an expert on this sort of thing and I am not even sure what an xBox given I am old and have girls not boys, but seriously wtf....................is Callum only 12????

Yea! He's just thrown the lips on 2 young wans in his own gaff Xmas day now he's off to play a bit of Xbox!!!

If you were Eoghan would you be more annoyed getting Bob or the Rams sloppy seconds

Jesus what is a Christiano!!!! Is this a joke? If I ever go into a coma I deffo want all my neighbours in waiting for me to wake up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have jake and doug ever even talked before :confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Isn't Jane Ben's birth mother. She was with Ken (Dermot's brother) and they had a baby but Jane left the baby with Dermot and Jo.

Do Callum and Ben know they are half brothers. Probably the reason they were lumped together on Xmas day to play Xbox together.

No!!! I don't know how but you've mixed up Deirdre and Jane somehow!

This is an insult to gay men and the people of Chile!

• Advertisement

No that's not Jane you are thinking of. Deirdre is Ben's mother. Brendan is Ben 's father... the same Brendan that was married to Heather.. Ellie and Ben are brother and sister

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement