Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why isn't Paul questioning why Niamh seems so calm despite all their money apparently been gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Why the foooook did the Brennan men need a flipping chauffer? They met in the community centre, then went on to the office.. surely to goodness a walk across the street isn't too far?!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,249 ✭✭✭✭walshb

fin12 wrote: »
    Why isn't Paul questioning why Niamh seems so calm despite all their money apparently been gone.

Because he's soooo looking forward to Valentine's day he doesn't want to upset the apple cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

amtc wrote: »
    I think I was away at the time of the abduction....can anyone tell me how Katy was abducted, by someone she knew but disguised

Don't think we found out. I'd like a flashback episode but this is Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

What happened to Cathal? I remember he randomly reappeared recently to torment Debbie and Eoghan, seemed to spend his day wandering from Spar to the Community Centre to the pub etc bumping into them all day. Did he properly leave the show after that or just disappear without any further mention?

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »
    What happened to Cathal? I remember he randomly reappeared recently to torment Debbie and Eoghan, seemed to spend his day wandering from Spar to the Community Centre to the pub etc bumping into them all day. Did he properly leave the show after that or just disappear without any further mention?

Last I heard he was seen thumbing a lift outside Vinos, and Rocco stopped and picked him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

squadro wrote: »
    Highlight for me was the champagne and the samwiches on the table ready to celebrate. Wonder were they hang samwiches.?

Highlight for me was Callum not wearing the Beanie

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

The "business meeting" in the community centre and Wayne sitting there reading the red tops. Paul's terrible acting, the whole thing is a complete mess.... nothing makes sense anymore.
    I still can't wait to see what happens and how Niamh is going to play this out on Valentine's Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

New name for Paul at the moment.. 'Tony Tormented' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

PauloConn wrote: »
    The "business meeting" in the community centre and Wayne sitting there reading the red tops. Paul's terrible acting, the whole thing is a complete mess.... nothing makes sense anymore.
    I still can't wait to see what happens and how Niamh is going to play this out on Valentine's Day

Niamh dumps him Valentines Day and admits her role in the Plan, before jetting off to Spain. Paul follows her, convinces her to return home in exchange for a glass of white wine. She buckles and returns and their family lives happy ever after...until the next time Paul has an affair and it starts all over again.

Niamh is a terrible example for women everywhere. Seriously, Paul treats her like rubbish, puts his own psycho son above everyone else and fools around with every woman who gives him the eye and she STILL sticks with him??? Pathetic at best, where is her self-respect, her self-worth? She can flick her hair and look sour all she wants, I still have it down that shes back with Paul (yet again) be September. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I didn't understand why Paul had to go to the bank to buy a bank draft when it's possible in Carraigstown to transfer vast sums of money to other accounts with the push of a keyboard button.

I didn't understand why Paul had to go to the bank to buy a bank draft when it's possible in Carraigstown to transfer vast sums of money to other accounts with the push of a keyboard button.

Yes, but Paulio doesn't have the keyboard/laptop algorithm that Niamh and Dermish have, and Eddie/Wayne had!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Reading up on a few of these cases, they usually involve the accountant siphoning off smaller amounts over a period of time in the hope that the dwindling funds won't be noticed by the company or will be explained by other expenditure.

An accountant emptying a bank account of 800k in one fell swoop and leaving it empty would be unheard of though. Presumably the bank would immediately contact the account owner (Paul) and ask him if he wished to proceed - the account being emptied would mean they were losing his business as a customer of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I think he said cereal, bread, milk and ham!

Wait till she has the smell of Chilean Food wafting in the air vent. The air vent! That's it! I wonder will Farrah, Ellie, LH be back tonight? I suspect not. Sure plenty for to keep a child busy in Cobh in January. Sand castles down the beach maybe?

If you look back at my post it was in reply to bottlebrush about the eastenders bus crash.

Great episode ;) So you aren't crazy! :)

A few posters have mentioned the inability of FC members to accept any sort of criticism of Fair City plots, character transformations and so on.

I can see how cast would react so. I imagine a little bit of siege mentality develops, very much like a sporting team that uses media criticism to close ranks. The various individual actors put their work in and do their takes, working closely together a bond develops and sometimes i'd imagine this can blind people to the actual quality of the work produced. We all know that feeling of having put a lot of effort into something and it's hard to accept criticism as we're blinded and too close to the product to objectively analyse it. Our reaction is often one of 'i'm after bursting a gut doing this task and this arm chair critic (often our work boss) dismisses all my work in a few minutes'. For most of us, myself definitely included, i always find it hard to accept criticism of work that i've put a lot into. It can be really hard to step back and be objective.

When you're in a team situation and in a bubble this attitude is magnified where criticism often leads to a 'them and us' mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Another joke is this safe house nonsense, on Sunday night a secret car and driver brought Dermot there but it appears to be in easy walking distance from Jane ???? Wtf ?

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Great episode ;) So you aren't crazy! :)

On Fair City last night..

While the plot is full of holes and some acting questionable, given all the problems with the soap i felt last night was one of the better episodes. Maybe it was Paul getting his comeuppance:) Also Oisin in the 3 piece suit acting like he was on The Apprentice was funny in it's own way.

I think i'm moving from taking the script apart and all the plot holes etc and just looking at FC for what it is.

I'm neither defending or criticising it but if something amuses me, be it because it's ridiculous or because it's genuine quality so be it:)

Hey I'm only in it for lols ;) That and I've no choice really. Herself watches it religiously and that's that. Before I found this thread I used to wander the streets ;)

Jesus valentinds day is a long way off, somuch more PLAN! Crikey Niamh would've done better divorcing Paul. She could've got half all his cash and his assests. More than 400k!

So when Paul was in the bank was he going to withdraw or get a bank draft to cover the entire cost of Barrys house? Pay for it (pay who) cash? He wouldn't buy it with a mortgage? And who was floppy haired "business partner"? Since when did he and Oisin have/need a partner? For what?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Hey I'm only in it for lols ;) That and I've no choice really. Herself watches it religiously and that's that. Before I found this thread I used to wander the streets ;)

Jesus valentinds day is a long way off, somuch more PLAN! Crikey Niamh would've done better divorcing Paul. She could've got half all his cash and his assests. More than 400k!

So when Paul was in the bank was he going to withdraw or get a bank draft to cover the entire cost of Barrys house? Pay for it (pay who) cash? He wouldn't buy it with a mortgage? And who was floppy haired "business partner"? Since when did he and Oisin have/need a partner? For what?

I assume she's going to divorce him next, kick him out and take half the assets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Did anyone else notice Niamh give Dean a second glance at one stage last night?
    Maybe that's where she is going after finishing off Don Paulioni!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Eoin seems to think every woman he meets wants to go on a date with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I see Niamh and Hayley were watching Dragon's Den

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Dragons Den now is it. I'm out Haley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Paul "She said nothing"
    Son " She must have said somethin"

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

walshb wrote: »
    Paulio eating the head off the extra is so realistic.

Btw, what else was extra man in? Very familiar...

I thought he was Ken Doherty :p

Also isn't Eoghan new boss / lady friend very little Ben's real mammy Deirdre

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is so ridiculous, but funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Christy ah no will be looking for investment next off Niamh for his cafe. 50k for 80%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Make a list.... A to Z! Jaysus, like Santy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I don't understand why Niamh is giving Hayley money? Is it to fit her up as the accomplice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement