Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Neimh and Hailey meet in the Spar, Neimh agrees to invest in Comet, "but not here, I'll meet you in Venos", WTF?! They have an empty office to do the transaction!!! then hands over a cheque for 10k and no contracts signed! .... Now another issue regarding Dermot, someone said 'he's unconscious but he'll be grand" did I imagine that bit?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

bazermc wrote: »
    Who the heck irons underpants? Their the last item of clothing I would bother ironing

A bit anal alright:P

• Registered Users Posts: 86,752 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sparko wrote: »
    I thought Paul was going to find him in Jane's bedroom, get the wrong idea, and next thing you know Carol is scrapping with Jane.

Jane is living in one of Paul's flats yes?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jane is living in one of Paul's flats yes?

Yeah I think so.. .. It's worth about 300k I'd say. ;) or about 1,000 a month in rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Neimh and Hailey meet in the Spar, Neimh agrees to invest in Comet, "but not here, I'll meet you in Venos", WTF?! They have an empty office to do the transaction!!! then hands over a cheque for 10k and no contracts signed! .... Now another issue regarding Dermot, someone said 'he's unconscious but he'll be grand" did I imagine that bit?!

Yeah... I thought they were actually going to be realistic when Niamh said the spar was no place to write a cheque....until she mentioned vinos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Greasy to Jane........dont panic but ben can't wake Dermot up..........what the f#*k

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Just when we all thought it wasn't possible to complicate 'de plan' any further......tonight happened......suffering jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

So it looks as if Dermot's days as a free man are numbered. Or will Paul, Oisin and Callum get to him first and kill him? There does not seem to be a viable way out for Dermot and he is finished whatever way he goes about things. Dermot though is as much a victim in this as Paul. I know Paul has been a ruthless businessman and has had affairs but he never stooped as low as his wife Niamh. Niamh is very devious and her character has been improved upon. She will alienate literally every friend she has when the truth comes out.

Niamh will be the complete loser out of this. Dermot may end up dead, on the run or in prison. He may get off on a technicality or Paul may not press charges against him when he finds out the whole truth. Either way, he will resent Niamh in his mind. Paul will bounce back I am sure with Callum, Oisin and Rachel all firmly on his side. Callum and Oisin will be friends, Charlotte will also have sympathy for Paul, Nicola could make a big comeback, and Orla will be turned off by Niamh. Robbie and Jane are hardly fans of Niamh either and despise her even if one is indifferent to and the other is not a fan of Paul. Paul will end up with more support even from those who usually wouldn't support him. Niamh can forget any form of friendship with Rachel and Callum, both of who she was close to. Wayne may be Niamh's only fan and an affair here maybe?? Niamh may or may not get away legally with this but she won't get away personally.

Had to laugh at Derms offering 1/2 the money back, as if!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

hungrypig wrote: »
    Greasy to Jane........dont panic but ben can't wake Dermot up..........what the f#*k

After a few glasses of water he is as right as rain. (pardon the pun) Was it from Lourdes?
    Robbie/The healer didn't need medical school. Healing hands, I suppose.

Pity Eastenders bus crash didn't arrive in Carrigstown. FC gets more ridiculous with each episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Deegan : ''Hello, can I speak to the Garda Superintendent?''

Superintendent : ''Speaking. How can I help?''

Deegan : ''Sergeant John Deegan here. Superintendent, I've had a call from the multi-millionaire Paul Brennan, of Carrigstown.''

Superintendend : A multi-millionaire? In Carrigstown? How come I've never heard of him?''

Deegan : Ah, well, you see, he likes to keep a low profile.''

Super : '' And he's a multimillionaire ? Okaay, well, where's his mansion? Where does he keep his yacht? Who trains his race-horses? Which Premiership Football club does he own? Who pilots his private aeroplane ?''

Deegan : ''Eh, well, none of those things apply to him really. He lives in a small terraced house in Carrigstown. He doesn't own a yacht, cos he's nervous around water. I think he's afraid of horses. He doesn't know anything about football, although I did hear he sponsors the local 5-a-side wheelchair basketball team. No private jet or pilot, though the local gob****e does sometimes drive him from his house to the chip-shop two doors down for highly-important meetings with international business executives and garage mechanics.''

Super : ''Hmm, very odd.....Anyway, what does he want?''

Deegan : '' It appears that his accountant, with the help of the local barmaid, has stolen something in the region of 800 thousand from his bank account by using just his tablet. Left him barely enough to buy a pint and a glass of white wine, apparently''

Super : ''Ahh, the old 'control-alt-transfer-everything' swindle, eh? Will these hard-nosed businessmen never learn? But hang on, you said he's a multi-millionaire. How come he's broke?''

Deegan : ''Actually that's bothering me too, sir. And I know that the posters on Boards.ie's are mystified by it too. And Jaysis knows, it not easy to get anything past that shower of nosey twats.''

Super : ''Oh, I know that, the interfering little bollixes! The other thing that puzzles me is, why would a hugely wealthy businessman take a case of massive fraud to the local uniformed Garda, a man whose only successful prosecutions in the past four years has been a broken tail-light and catching a young lad p1ssing up against a supermarket wall?''

Deegan : ''Well that's a bit harsh, Sir. But anyway I won't be back till May, the writers have given me another 4 months of unpaid 'vacation'.

Super : ''All right, Sergeant, leave it with me. Hey, I wonder what Garda Frank Maguire is up to nowadays? Now there's a man that can be depended on''

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Had to laugh at Derms offering 1/2 the money back, as if!

Generous to a fault is Dermish. Paul is so ungrateful..

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

RobertKK wrote: »
    btw Callan is not an hour outside Kilkenny City...

I thought they said Cavan. They could shack up with dangerous fugitive Dermish. :D

:D @ Coolhull. Brilliant! :D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Does anyone remember that game where you would write a sentence on a line on a page and the fold it down and the next person writes a line and so on until you have a full story that makes no sense but can be quite funny.............

Im so confused by the "plan" , I cant even remember why it started.

Why would Dermot offering half the money stop Paul from ringing the guards (is this what was meant?)
    Why is Paul not surprised at how calm Niamh is over the whole thing?
    Paul saw the numerous transactions? Is that not proof enough to get Dermot?

Is Hughie still going to get his share? Where is he?

je551e wrote: »
    as Jane and Ben prepare to head to the states an unexpected visitor arrives!.. wonder who that is?
    I think it's Deirdre.

Is Wayne and Orla living in one of Paul's houses or flats?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

youwould wrote: »
    I think it's Deirdre.
    Good. Maybe Jane will get back behind the bar where she belongs.

nagdefy wrote: »
    In fairness to Dermot he's an iron man.. Going through all the mental and physical trauma of a liver transplant, ripping off the Don, surviving fever and Greasy's internet meds, going on the run.. Hardy bas*ard:p

They don't make them like Dermissh anymore.

Has he got any action from Jane yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tuesday spoiler:
    Paul finds himself on damage control as he denies being ruined, while Niamh works on driving a wedge between him and Oisin. Elsewhere, Renee discovers an unlikely ally in Ciaran

• Advertisement

Is Wayne and Orla living in one of Paul's houses or flats?

No they live in the house where the Brennan's used to live, but I think Niamh owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,864 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

RobertKK wrote: »
    Serious question, were we meant to be laughing?

I was actually laughing throughout. It's been like Fawlty Towers these last few nights.

I've no ****ing idea whats going on for Christ sake this bloody plan its doing my head in

how many business and properties does Paul own and why would Niamh be happy with only 400k she'd get more if divorced him

Paul owns

The Garages
    2 houses
    Bought that killer guys house (can't remember his name)
    Block of flats worth 1 million each
    The Pod

Am I forgetting anything else? how much would all that be worth in total? and yet Niamh is happy with 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

squadro wrote: »
    Like Mrs humphreys dog tricky woo in all creatures great and small fair city has gone crackerjack.

It was Mrs Pumphries, if I'm not mistaken!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭sudzs

Has he got any action from Jane yet?

And could that explain the extreme dehydration that had everyone thinking he was at death's door??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

One of the many things that baffle me about FC is the filler stories. Why start a new filler story (Gripey romance) when they have an ongoing filler story (Christy's Chilean Restaurant) Like why not take that avenue to conclusion. You never know when they'll drop back into it, usually like no time has passed. Another one is how they can so abruptly put a halt to a big storyline like Heather/KT. Rene changes her mind, calls Farrah, Farrah packs Ellie off the Cobh. See ya in a few weeks. KT is left eating sambos, her parents formerly distraught and go house hunting in the country or a mission to get the leg over.

Why does the Ram keep saying he cant afford to live in Dublin? Where does he live now? Stripey is the Hotel Asst Manager, he works. Why cant they afford it? Damo/Caoimhe renting on one income, LH has a whole house & dungeon to himself!

e lelllllllllllllllll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Does anyone remember that game where you would write a sentence on a line on a page and the fold it down and the next person writes a line and so on until you have a full story that makes no sense but can be quite funny.............

Im so confused by the "plan" , I cant even remember why it started.

Why would Dermot offering half the money stop Paul from ringing the guards (is this what was meant?)
    Why is Paul not surprised at how calm Niamh is over the whole thing?
    Paul saw the numerous transactions? Is that not proof enough to get Dermot?

Is Hughie still going to get his share? Where is he?
    Was it called " consequences ". ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Cormdogg wrote: »
    One of the many things that baffle me about FC is the filler stories. Why start a new filler story (Gripey romance) when they have an ongoing filler story (Christy's Chilean Restaurant) Like why not take that avenue to conclusion. You never know when they'll drop back into it, usually like no time has passed. Another one is how they can so abruptly put a halt to a big storyline like Heather/KT. Rene changes her mind, calls Farrah, Farrah packs Ellie off the Cobh. See ya in a few weeks. KT is left eating sambos, her parents formerly distraught and go house hunting in the country or a mission to get the leg over.

Why does the Ram keep saying he cant afford to live in Dublin? Where does he live now? Stripey is the Hotel Asst Manager, he works. Why cant they afford it? Damo/Caoimhe renting on one income, LH has a whole house & dungeon to himself!

e lelllllllllllllllll

Another filler story - tension with Ram and Stripey . If the writers want to break them up they can blame it on the Dublin/Kilkenny thing. Just for the record Damo and Caoimhe aren't renting. The house is jointly owned by Damo, Laura and Mark. Not sure if they pay the other two though. That was never explained. Also never explained is where the Ram lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,270 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Busiest night's thread in a while it seems. I missed the episode. Sound like it was off the wall bonkers. I don't care that I missed it. I am holding out for Valentine's....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

You missed more bizarreness, including a post transplant patient being revived from unconsciousness by a glass of water and Niamh grabbing the phone off Paul during tense negotiations and shouting at Dermo :D This cliffhanger will no doubt be resolved tonight by Niamh sidemouthing to Jane in the Spar that she had to throw the Don off the scent, she knows how to handle him etc, etc.

Meanwhile Oisin stood around slagging off Callum's Ma and looking remarkably like this:

latest?cb=20121123224529

(in homage to TTB who is now in the lock up with KT:()

whilst spilling his guts to his close confidant Wayne in the community centre. Chip off the ol' block that he is.
    Oh and niamh scowled and swished her hair a bit more while Ireland's Jennifer Aniston chewed her lip to denote concern for her cousin. A fine ensemble piece, as ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement