Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Here's a real-life case that isn't all that different from the Katy garage storyline.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2017-01-26/rapist-who-hid-schoolgirl-faces-lengthy-sentence/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,865 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've no ****ing idea whats going on for Christ sake this bloody plan its doing my head in

how many business and properties does Paul own and why would Niamh be happy with only 400k she'd get more if divorced him

Paul owns

The Garages
    2 houses
    Bought that killer guys house (can't remember his name)
    Block of flats worth 1 million each
    The Pod

Am I forgetting anything else? how much would all that be worth in total? and yet Niamh is happy with 400k

The writers appear to have completely forgotten all this. At most, Niamh and Dermot's deception would create a temporary cash flow problem for Paul but given his numerous property assets and steady income from a variety of sources, he would be back on track in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,271 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do any of you actually watch and listen to the show and the plan? It's all about Valentines. That's where Niamh gets her revenge. She ruins Paulio by spoiling his Valentine's day. It's got nothing to do with the money....

I could live with the betrayal, the stealing and lying and transferring of my cash to your account, but now this? Ruining my Valentine's day.....You monster. We're over. I need to go to counselling....

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Soooo f*cking confused with this plan. My head hurts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Here's a real-life case that isn't all that different from the Katy garage storyline.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2017-01-26/rapist-who-hid-schoolgirl-faces-lengthy-sentence/
    One of the photos is not unlike where Katy is. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

walshb wrote: »
    Do any of you actually watch and listen to the show and the plan? It's all about Valentines. That's where Niamh gets her revenge. She ruins Paulio by spoiling his Valentine's day. It's got nothing to do with the money....

I could live with the betrayal, the stealing and lying and transferring of my cash to your account, but now this? Ruining my Valentine's day.....You monster. We're over. I need to go to counselling....

As we all know Niamh's favourite time of year is Christmas (given her penchant for getting all lit up), so Valentines Day is probably insignificant to her. But if she were to give a Valentine card to the Don, I'd suggest a ditty such as:-
    Roses are Red
    Violets are blue
    Your money has vanished
    And I'm leaving you too.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

02/02/2017
    Niamh is surprised when Paul refuses to sell his assets. Meanwhile, Katy fears for her life when she realises Ciaran might view her as an obstruction to his newfound happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    As we all know Niamh's favourite time of year is Christmas (given her penchant for getting all lit up), so Valentines Day is probably insignificant to her. But if she were to give a Valentine card to the Don, I'd suggest a ditty such as:-
    Roses are Red
    Violets are blue
    Your money has vanished
    And I'm leaving you too.

:D
    Ode to Niamh:

She's swishy,
    She's scowler,
    She's got an electric growler

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,752 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rose are Red
    Violets are Blue
    You never lit me up like a Christmas tree
    So I'm leaving you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Neimh and Hailey meet in the Spar, Neimh agrees to invest in Comet, "but not here, I'll meet you in Venos", WTF?! They have an empty office to do the transaction!!! then hands over a cheque for 10k and no contracts signed! .... Now another issue regarding Dermot, someone said 'he's unconscious but he'll be grand" did I imagine that bit?!

He was dehydrated apparently :rolleyes:

FFS what sort of eejits are writing these scripts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Also if Niamh had just divorced him in the first place she'd get everything anyway and there wouldn't have been Any need too involve dermo then or Jane :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,752 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Also if Niamh had just divorced him in the first place she'd get everything anyway and there wouldn't have been Any need too involve dermo then or Jane :rolleyes:

I thought Niamh's top priority were the kids mainly Ruth, I am sure Callum, Oisin and Rachel won't be happy to know she started the #fleecePaulPlan

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Was it called " consequences ". ?

Not sure we gave it a name...!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Yeah but it would then be harder to write the inevitable "Niamh gets back with Paul Part 35736763726767" after a divorce. At least with The Plan, Paul will no doubt forgive her, say sorry for trying it on with Hayley and everything goes back to normal.

Out of all of this madness though its still Niamh who looks the most pathetic. In a few months this will be all forgotten about and she will be back living her boring life sticking with Paul and looking after his kids. Weak weak woman, awful role model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Can anybody even remember when the plan was first introduced and who initiated it?

Also anyone want to guess when KT will be released? If Ciaran moved her to a more realistic location this story could go on for years.

Niamh and Paulio remaining together AFTER this will be pathetic, but it's FC. Both are kind of useless without each other. So no doubt Niamh will get a bout of amnesia and forget that being physically close to Paul makes her sick, until the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Niamh and Paulio remaining together AFTER this will be pathetic, but it's FC. Both are kind of useless without each other. So no doubt Niamh will get a bout of amnesia and forget that being physically close to Paul makes her sick, until the next time.

Of course they will end up back together, the writers have run out of stories for them both so its easier to just stick them together and leave them rot away in the background. If they could have Niamh shack up with a younger man and then a few months later shes back with Paul and the kids then anything is possible. I called it as September this year when she is back with him! The FC script writers could invent any number of things to get them back together.

I agree with you though- anything except Niamh legging it out of the country to start a new life with her cash would be beyond pathetic and incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Scraggs wrote: »
    Can anybody even remember when the plan was first introduced and who initiated it?

Also anyone want to guess when KT will be released? If Ciaran moved her to a more realistic location this story could go on for years.

Months ago now but it was Dermots idea. Niamh was sniffing round Pauls accounts thinking he had bought the apartment/lovenest. Dermot confronted her about sneaking a look and she told him about the affair .

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

I'd seriously love to see Niamh with her hair tied up in a pony tail and non work clothes. C'mon like she can't possibly dress like this 7 days a week. It wrecks my head. Even on work days........do something different with your hair FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

I'd seriously love to see Niamh with her hair tied up in a pony tail and non work clothes. C'mon like she can't possibly dress like this 7 days a week. It wrecks my head. Even on work days........do something different with your hair FFS.

In her boots, that were made for walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

amtc wrote: »
    I think I was away at the time of the abduction....can anyone tell me how Katy was abducted, by someone she knew but disguised

Her actual abduction wasn't shown. The last we seen of her she was crossing the road to go to Galway, a few months later she was next seen doing a few oul push ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

nagdefy wrote: »
    In fairness to Dermot he's an iron man.. Going through all the mental and physical trauma of a liver transplant, ripping off the Don, surviving fever and Greasy's internet meds, going on the run.. Hardy bas*ard:p

They don't make them like Dermissh anymore.

I wonder will he get back into politics once this all blows over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I see in the news the fair city set is to be moved to free up some land to be sold to cover some of
    rte's debts. they are bound to find Katy when they dismantle the garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,865 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Scraggs wrote: »

Niamh found out about Paul's affair in late September and it was not long after that she began to plan revenge against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ha! The scarf and shades on Jane! Nearly spat out me tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

Comedy gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Oh great, a few weeks of Niamh and Paul. Let's all forget about Katy. And then back to another few weeks of Ciaran hating Emmett while that story unravels. I made a joke at Christmas saying that they will drag it out until Easter. I didn't actually think they would drag it out this long.

My head hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

it's not one bit obvious that the gripeys are going to get back together. not one bit obvious just all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

Why is Benny boy just wandering around when his auld lad is on the lam?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement