Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Spill, Joe. :)

No mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

It would be ok to spill in a spoiler lads wouldn't it?

You can highlight any text you want to spoiler with the spoiler button on the right of the top menu bar.

Joe Hill wrote: »
    Let's do a poll see if there's interested parties

Patrick's Day coming up..

Coolhull will be mobbed by us if he attends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Are you a producer? ??

No just curious. If you don't back it up then its not true pal. We could all say "Oh I met so and so and they told me this would happen".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

This is all I can find regarding KT for next week......
    With Ciarán loved up, Katy is terrified of what he has planned for her.

• Advertisement

[I am told that a fire in the garage results in love hate having to release KT to save her][/SPOILER]

[I am told that a fire in the garage results in love hate having to release KT to save her]

At this stage i'd take that resolution..

nagdefy wrote: »
    At this stage i'd take that resolution..

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

You have to watch it, Jos, it's going to be a classic episode, in 10/20 years time we'll still be laughing and talking about it on here. Unforgettable!

OK, you've persuaded me. Fire lighting, pjs, bottle of red, watch LLS followed by FC. Living the dream ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

jos28 wrote: »
    OK, you've persuaded me. Fire lighting, pjs, bottle of red, watch LLS followed by FC. Living the dream ;)
    Read th thread while your'e watching the LLS

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057698539

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The writers really need to set up an episode where Debbie and Eoghan head into Crimeline to make an appeal. It'd be so easy to do obviously as it's all RTE!!

They can have shots of Ciaran watching it and feeling guilty and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

monkey9 wrote: »
    The writers really need to set up an episode where Debbie and Eoghan head into Crimeline to make an appeal. It'd be so easy to do obviously as it's all RTE!!

They can have shots of Ciaran watching it and feeling guilty and everything
    Grainne Seoige and Philip Boucher Hayes would want 10 grand each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Soooooo they were abandoning Zoe then ? The poor girl would arrive home and all her family gone.... Riiiight.

I don't know why I find this so hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

What would be hilarious is a morning scene with Katy and Zoe walking up to their respective houses and both finding they'd being abandoned. I suppose within hours they'd have "missing" photos up looking for their families :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Here is another episode of vintage fair city featuring Tom Browne before he went into witness protection and had to change his name to Eoghan O' Brien www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqYoWhypYnM&spfreload=10y

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Here is another episode of vintage fair city featuring Tom Browne before he went into witness protection and had to change his name to Eoghan O' Brien www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqYoWhypYnM&spfreload=10y

Is that Greasy's ma at 7:00 with Barry??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Is that Greasy's ma at 7:00 with Barry??

No, definitely not....don't forget this episode was nearly 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cheers! These old episodes are surprisingly watchable.

That's great :)

Funny that Helen, Paul's only real love, is flirting with the character who is now Eoghan!!

Charlie and Mags Kelly's son Tony who was killed over drugs/money in the late 90s. Everyone dies on Charlie..Tony, Mags, Esther. Mature women of Carrigstown stay clear of Bunion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

sligojoek wrote: »
    Grainne Seoige and Philip Boucher Hayes would want 10 grand each.

keelin Shanley presents it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

How many writers were there back in those days??

I see they had some continuity problems back then too. 4 mins 22 secs was an extended lunch break??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

"WE FORGOT THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They Say that money will set you free
    It will solve all your problems
    Cure all your terminal illnesses
    Will cure all your bitterness and enact all your vengeance

Oh, wait, they don't say anything of the sort...........

He was a simple accountant with a curable incurable terminal illness......She was a woman hell bent on revenge on a man for a few months until she forgives him, with the power to flick her hair and sigh twenty times an episode
    Together they came together in the most unlikely tour de Force to create

THE PLAN

040_ed9f941d08353f19263d42b990305ccb839be1be.jpg

In a world where you can simply press Ctrl Alt Delete and transfer a million euro
    In a world where backtracking and changes of mind change again after tyhe ad break..........

A flawless Scam emerges

A new woman, a new kidney, a new beginning. But facing a life without his children, his house, his jumpers,his laundrette, medication to keep him alive the woman he loves after a few weeks, his hospital bed and the one thing he cares about, ie the money.

Described by Fair City writers as a good story.
    Described by Boards.ie posters as a bad story.

So bad it is good, so bad it is bad.

*****Months of absolute tripe

****Episodes a week making you slowly insane

45 Writers

€11,000,000 Budget

A*********** Health system

A Comedy that never knew it was one.

With award winning performances by Niamh Brennan and Dermot Fahy that will leave you begging for NO more

From the 45 writers that brought you The Speakeasy, The Bursury, The Ram, Where is KT and The Bunnions, RTE brings you a tale that promises to go on and on and on and on ..............and on with no ending in sight

The
    PLAN

Zoey living the life on a 4 weeks holiday meant to only last a week lucky cow 🀣

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Zoey living the life on a 4 weeks holiday meant to only last a week lucky cow 🀣

4 weeks ? It's 2 months to the day since she left

This thread is no longer about FC, its a contest to see who can come up with the funniest and longest p!ss take about current storylines- welcome back TTB!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This thread is no longer about FC, its a contest to see who can come up with the funniest and longest p!ss take about current storylines- welcome back TTB!!

I had to up my game with some of the posts the last few days! I felt like Dolores Molloy packing bags in Spar after losing a million pounds!

I had to up my game with some of the posts the last few days! I felt like Dolores Molloy packing bags in Spar after losing a million pounds!

Never mind The Plan, its a ruthless world in this very thread, where egos and talent collide with hilarious consequences. Pretty soon we wont even be talking about the soap- phone numbers and FB accounts will be swapped and comedy gig nights will be taking place all over the country!

Never mind The Plan, its a ruthless world in this very thread, where egos and talent collide with hilarious consequences. Pretty soon we wont even be talking about the soap- phone numbers and FB accounts will be swapped and comedy gig nights will be taking place all over the country!

Ah no i think egos is a bit strong. Though i'm sure you didn't mean it in any offensive way, i've probably misread the post. It takes all sorts to make the thread.

Some write short, witty messages. Others are natural writers and write longer, exceptionally funny, pieces. More of us (myself included) just write what comes into our heads and it mightn't be funny at all, just off the top of our heads or observational :) Each to their own. I've enjoyed everyone's contribution, particularly over the last few days. There's a role for everyone and all contributions are welcome no one is in competition with anyone, just being true to themselves. Some great writers on here i have to say. Yourself included Wanderer.

The Fair City thread, along with the weather threads (for different reasons), are my favourite boards threads.

• Advertisement

nagdefy wrote: »
    Ah no i think egos is a bit strong. Though i'm sure you didn't mean it in any offensive way, i've probably misread the post. It takes all sorts to make the thread.

Some write short, witty messages. Others are natural writers and write longer, exceptionally funny, pieces. More of us (myself included) just write what comes into our heads and it mightn't be funny at all, just off the top of our heads or observational :) Each to their own. I've enjoyed everyone's contribution, particularly over the last few days. There's a role for everyone and all contributions are welcome no one is in competition with anyone, just being true to themselves. Some great writers on here i have to say. Yourself included Wanderer.

The Fair City thread, along with the weather threads (for different reasons), are my favourite boards threads.

Well said! Yes of course I only meant my words as banter, I do appreciate everyone here as its a refreshing change from the gushing always positive words from the official FC Facebook page or Twitter. At least here you know people can see through some of the crap that goes on but equally, we are not afraid to PRAISE FC when they do get it right.

Have to laugh at this article I came across from a few years ago, scroll to the end where it says "Niamh and Paul are back together (again!!)". Ha ha and so it was and ever shall be, I still call September for when they are back together...

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2015/1005/732536-clelia-murphy-i-didnt-plan-fair-city/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement