Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Can Nimah and Paul not stay home from the Fucķing pub for one night of their lives For Fûck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

Dermo forgot the money he stole to pay for a new life on the run but remembered to bring his keys for the house he was never going to see again.
    I love Wayne, the guy can actually act, he has great timing. Ireland's Jennifer Aniston didn't do a bad job tonight either.

Do we know how/why the Don owes money to the bank and is facing a firesale/bankruptcy when Dermo stole it from his deposit/savings account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The Plan is already starting to fail Niamh felt sorry for him when he went on his self pitying rant there. September!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Looks like Jane forgot one of her lines tonight.

"where were you?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Job for you in the pub Wayne. Jane hasn't been in weeks

• Advertisement

Dear writers. You remember Hughie was skint, couldn't afford to pay Heathers bills, had to cut staff at the pub. Now he's offering 400k CASH for the Pod!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Dear writers. You remember Hughie was skint, couldn't afford to pay Heathers bills, had to cut staff at the pub. Now he's offering 400k CASH for the Pod!

I'm assuming it's Niamh 'giving' him the money to 'buy' it, which makes it all the more confusing. €400K eh.. funny how it's exactly the amount of money Niamh has.

How many bedrooms in the Pod exactly?

If I was Paul and I was certain Jane was involved I might keep an eye on Jane her considering she is living in Dermotts house and minding his son

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

Did anyone else see the its4women.ie ad during the break? Surely that's not the actress who plays KT??
    female-car-insurance.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Did anyone else see the its4women.ie ad during the break? Surely that's not the actress who plays KT??
    female-car-insurance.jpg

No. Doesn't look at all like her either?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That was a great line by Robbie about Oisin, "a walking Ad to use condoms" so true haha....

Did Farrah and love/hate even go on a date? They went from mauling the face of each other in Spar to her moving in and raising a child together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

fin12 wrote: »
    Did Farrah and love/hate even go on a date? They went from mauling the face of each other in Spar to her moving in and raising a child together.

And I'm fairly sure she was a bit creeped out by how he more or less stalked her and Emmett around town for weeks, but that was all swept under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Who's looking after (not)Wayne (but the Rams) and Orla's little boy..can't remember his name.. while they seem to spend all their time slagging The Don off in the pub?

Seriously this stuff is almost getting unwatchable with all the holes in the plot at this stage. Awful :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

At 8.02 pm

Jane : ‘’Ben we’re leaving shortly for Los Angeles, go and say goodbye to your friends’’

At 8.04pm, Ben re-enters....
    ‘’Well Ben, did you say goodbye to everyone?
    ‘’Yes, fortunately they were all hanging around on the footpath outside, so I didn’t have far to go. I also rang Mikey and I told him that if he should bump into the school principal tomorrow, just casually mention to him that I won’t ever be back there again. That’s about it, I think. ....Los Angeles, here I come!''

Jane : ‘’Aren’t you bringing your compass with you?’’

Ben : ‘’No, I’m not taking it with me. Yeah, I know that it has a bank account number engraved on the side, and there may be lots of money in the account, but I don’t want it. You can see how mature I am, I’ll manage. Anyway, the way Dad has been spending the money, there’s probably not enough left to buy a hamburger and French fries....’’

Then, after a three-minute ad break.........

Jane : Listen, Ben, I know you said goodbye to your friends, and cancelled your subscription to Batman Comics at the Spar, but there’s a change of plan. We’re not going to Los Angeles for the rest of our lives after all’’

Ben : ‘’We're not? Oh, well, sh1t happens. I’ll be upstairs playing my X-Box.......

Didn’t Dermot look like a Cistercian monk when he came back? Hood pulled up, new long coat, the only thing he was missing was a Rosary beads hanging from his waist.
    And he was so relaxed, bless him.
    You might have expected him to say to Jane, ‘’Howya, Jane! Eh, you didn’t happen to come across an ould carrier bag when you were tidying up, did ya? I had a few bob in it, but I don’t know where I left it down’’
    ‘’No, Derm, I didn’t see it. Was there much money in it?’’
    ‘’ About three hundred and eighty thousand euro, I think. I’m a divil for leaving things down and then forgetting where I left them. Ah sure, not to worry, it’ll turn up. Maybe I’ll try down behind the cushions after supper. .....‘’

Ben – ‘’Dad, I’m not coming with you. I don’t care where you’re going, you’ll have to go without me...’’

Dermish : But, but, Ben! You have to come! Without you, none of this matters, you’re the reason I’m still alive. I did all this for you. You’re the only thing left in the world that I really love, Ben’’

Ben
    : ‘’Ehhh, what about Zoe?’’

Dermish
    : Zoe? Zoe? Oh, yeah, I kinda vaguely remember a Zoe. Wasn’t she a cranky little ould one with a miserable face on her all the time? Went off somewhere to play with tortoises or something ? Ah sure she was only a foster child. To hell with it, Social Services can deal with it. So long as I have you, Benny-me-lad, I haven’t a care in the world.’’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Whilst i am enjoying the scenes with Paul, the writers are losing the plot if there ever was one. Dermot spends one hundred grand to be given a new identity and be taken off to a new life, but then just come back. And the last we seen of him, he was shouting about forgetting his money, yet he hasn't mentioned it once, not once. He hasn't enquired about where it is or who has it. How does this not get mentioned to Jane?? I mean, come on!!

And Ben acting the bollix again. He's been 'worried' about his dad, wondering if he is alive or dead and asking if he's coming back. Then Dermot comes back and he's not even happy, just going on about going to America to be with Jo.

The writing of all this just doesn't make sense. It's all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

walshb wrote: »
    I can't wait for the look on Paulio's face when Niamh hits him with the Valentine bombshell. Paulio, screw you. Remember when I said we'd go dutch on the day? Well, seeing as you've a naughty boy you're paying in full. That'll teach you............nooooooooo. How could you, Niamh?

Niamh's Valentine card for Paul :

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    You were fooking Hayley
    So now I've fooked you

coolhull wrote: »
    Niamh's Valentine card for Paul :

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    You were fooking Hayley
    So now I've fooked you

Omg that's brilliant.... :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭political analyst

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    It's true what the old folks say 'When poverty comes in the window, love flies out the door'

Except what was going on between Paul and Hayley wasn't love, was it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Except what was going on between Paul and Hayley wasn't love, was it?!

Not. Even. Friends. :eek:

Way to twist the knife, oh evil writers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I won't go into how much I think this show sucks the donkeys balls, as everyone else is doing a better job of that than me... but.... I'm loving Wayne the last few episodes. He's actually playing a stormer finally being in a position to have a good ol smirk at Paul's misfortune.

Everything else is mostly beyond ludicrous. The cardboard acting from the glorified extras (the Don's solicitor) is particularly cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

i-pity-da-fool.jpg

I pity the fool who fooks with the plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Are the police even looking for Derms? No one's being questioned, not even Jane, I'm sure she'd be the first one the police would be questioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Are the police even looking for Derms? No one's being questioned, not even Jane, I'm sure she'd be the first one the police would be questioning.

Sure as Derms said himself, he's in the last place Deegan will look. His own house has ironically now become the safer safe house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    It's true what the old folks say 'When poverty comes in the window, love flies out the door'
    No mun, no fun.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Sure as Derms said himself, he's in the last place Deegan will look. His own house has ironically now become the safer safe house.

But no one is looking for him, only Paul, the Garda would treat this as a civil matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

youwould wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's Niamh 'giving' him the money to 'buy' it, which makes it all the more confusing. €400K eh.. funny how it's exactly the amount of money Niamh has.

I didn't think of that Niamh bank rolling Hughie

Is the Pod, the hostel Rachel was running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

But no one is looking for him, only Paul, the Garda would treat this as a civil matter.

? It's most definitely a criminal manner as well as a civil manner! Even allowing for the fact that power of attorney was signed over (and I'm pretty sure that such a temporary administrative role wouldn't entitle you to transfer money that's not legally yours -the workings of the capital was his for the few days- into your personal account.

I mean these are the guards who threatened to arrest Sean for a piddle in the street yet when another huge fraud occurs..... not even a call around. ...

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didn't think of that Niamh bank rolling Hughie

Is the Pod, the hostel Rachel was running?

Yes... The Pod has been neglected recently.

How come Neimh owns the family home? And she wasn't "risking it" did she buy that house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I knew two old batchelors who lived together. Mickey used to hide his money in the lining of a coat his alcoholic brother, Johnny, only wore for funerals.

Not real names.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement