Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sligojoek wrote: »
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    Sure as Derms said himself, he's in the last place Deegan will look. His own house has ironically now become the safer safe house.
    I knew two old batchelors who lived together. Mickey used to hide his money in the lining of a coat his alcoholic brother, Johnny, only wore for funerals.

Not real names.

I'd hide mine in Bunion Kellys funeral attire, he doesn't seem to do funerals..... Mags still lying in the morgue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sligojoek wrote: »
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    Sure as Derms said himself, he's in the last place Deegan will look. His own house has ironically now become the safer safe house.
    I knew two old batchelors who lived together. Mickey used to hide his money in the lining of a coat his alcoholic brother, Johnny, only wore for funerals.

Not real names.

I'd hide mine in Bunion Kellys funeral attire, he doesn't seem to do funerals..... Mags still lying in the morgue

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes... The Pod has been neglected recently.

How come Neimh owns the family home? And she wasn't "risking it" did she buy that house?

Now Sean wants to buy Gina's house but he works in the Station and co rents Sarah's house, is he in on the plan too for a cut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Except what was going on between Paul and Hayley wasn't love, was it?!

No, the only thing Paul seems to love is his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Now Sean wants to buy Gina's house but he works in the Station and co rents Sarah's house, is he in on the plan too for a cut

*sings* I'll buy yours, you'll buy mine, we'll buy their's and they'll buy ours.

The Carricktown Barney Principle.

• Advertisement

Dermot says to Ben, I couldn't leave without you and I can't live without but what about your Daughter Zoey lol

Dermot where is the ****ing money Jesus Christ who writes this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Pod is not the only place Paul owns, he has the garage and all the units in the Market Place, didn't he buy that place when it burned down?

Doen't he own Debbie's house too? He was threatening her with eviction recently.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Doen't he own Debbie's house too? He was threatening her with eviction recently.

And that lady Paul was meeting said he owns a flat that Dan rents from him so he's hardly broke is he all he has to do is sell one flat and he's back on TOP but he owns plus hay other flat he was in with Hayley

And he owns a block of flats worth 1,00000 someone should really write down everything Paul owns on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

But no one is looking for him, only Paul, the Garda would treat this as a civil matter.

I would hope at least the truancy officer is looking for him!

Regards the Gardai, if Paul reports a crime it would need to be investigated either way, it would take a bit of forensic accounting for them to discover Paul had signed all his money away. Then it would be a civil manner. But there's a snow balls chance in hell the FC writers did that much if any research. In the FC universe the cops are deffo looking for Dermot. He keeos harping on how he could go to jail for a very long time. Sure even if he got caught the worst that could happen to hum is a bit of litigation. Jail time? Not in a million years.

It would be really interesting Paul hired a private detective. Great scope to introduce a good character.

But I suspect the only man for the job will be the local uniformed/Murder squad/missing persons unit/traffic corps/public order/ immigration officer John Don't Lie to Me Deegan. Enter stage left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Poor old Derms is in a real predicament now. Only 280k left less what he lost in the bag. Has to walk away from his 2 assets, home and laundrette. Can he access any of the money he might have made from 30 years as an accountant?
    One daughter he needs to get back into the country before he can get her out again. Then bankroll his 2 kids and Jane the rest of their lives. I don't think the writers have any idea of the value of a euro, some of the figures they throw about! But sure their pay doesnt reflect the garbage they produce, so how would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Strazdas wrote: »

No, when he was buying it that's when he discovered there was no money in his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If Niamh actually pulls off this plan it will the greatest ever puzzle solve since Fermat's Theorem was cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

But no one is looking for him, only Paul, the Garda would treat this as a civil matter.

What civil matter? Dermot committed a theft/fraud offence. Having power of attorney doesn't mean he owns the money and can do with it what he wants.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fin12 wrote: »
    Did Farrah and love/hate even go on a date? They went from mauling the face of each other in Spar to her moving in and raising a child together.

No they didn't,they went from Farrah not being able too stand him too him maulimng the face off her at rush hour and now Elle and her are shacked up with him :confused: surely be too God Farrah has her own place :confused:

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Poor old Derms is in a real predicament now. Only 280k left less what he lost in the bag. Has to walk away from his 2 assets, home and laundrette. Can he access any of the money he might have made from 30 years as an accountant?
    One daughter he needs to get back into the country before he can get her out again. Then bankroll his 2 kids and Jane the rest of their lives. I don't think the writers have any idea of the value of a euro, some of the figures they throw about! But sure their pay doesnt reflect the garbage they produce, so how would they?

And he has a dodgy liver...We're only into January and already this is a red hot favourite for annus horribilis....I said it many time, a dose of Uniflu and this could all have been avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Dermot says to Ben, I couldn't leave without you and I can't live without but what about your Daughter Zoey lol

His foster daughter.

If he hadn't got the liver transplant he'd be dead and Zoey would go back into the care system or Kelly would adopt her.

No they didn't,they went from Farrah not being able too stand him too him maulimng the face off her at rush hour and now Elle and her are shacked up with him :confused: surely be too God Farrah has her own place :confused:

Farrah lives in the flat over the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I can see CAB becoming involved in chasing up Derm's money very shortly, his assets, as well as his ass, will be frozen :p

Does Wayne still have the bag with the money, has he opened it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Dermot where is the ****ing money Jesus Christ who writes this stuff

Now they have US asking "Where is the money?" on every page!:rolleyes:

nagdefy wrote: »
    I can see CAB becoming involved in chasing up Derm's money very shortly, his assets, as well as his ass, will be frozen :p

And a huge investigation will be held into how the Carrigstown locals are getting their laundry cleaned and dried in a launderette with no people or management. It'll be bigger than the Ballintine investigation into how the hotel runs 200 plus rooms with 3 staff. One of them a psychopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

In Part Two of The Faheys: Visa To Declare:

After sisters Zoe and whatsherface go all the way to the Galapagos islands in three hours, with no preparations for a VISA whatsoever, son Binjimin and 'five-minutes-in-the-door' Jane Blacksmith have successfully beaten the record set by the siblings (or are they Foster siblings), who have several missing posters for them, right beside Kt's ones (where is she?). They have gotten past all the regulations within a RECORD half an episode! No ESTA required for Jane, especially when you're the partner of an international fraudster whose money was just resting in an offshore account. Despite it usually taking up to three days, tech-savvy Jane has figured out a way to get past ESTA requirements (unless if you've visited Iraq) in a record half a day! It's amazing how a woman who can't even get shifts at McCoys can now pay for two class tickets to Los Angeles, like where's me money?

Isn't it lovely how two fraudsters have formed a romantic relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Will paul still be allowed in McCoys after the way he carried on the last TWO nights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Why are they constantly eating in Vinos and drinking in McCoys after being taken to the cleaners. Gotta love the realistic aspects of the show FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Im so numb to how stupid the writing of The Plan is that I didn't even consider why Dermot didn't ask about the money?! There are way too many plotholes in this thing now to list but another one to re-mention is the fact that no matter what job any character has, or what shifts they are on, they have the time and money to drink in the local 7 days a week. Cant they even be a touch realistic and have someone having a bottle at home the odd time...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Wayne still have the bag with the money, has he opened it yet?
    In tonight's episode, Wayne Junior opens the bag and a load of money falls out
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Alleluhia !!! Finally :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Im so numb to how stupid the writing of The Plan is that I didn't even consider why Dermot didn't ask about the money?! There are way too many plotholes in this thing now to list but another one to re-mention is the fact that no matter what job any character has, or what shifts they are on, they have the time and money to drink in the local 7 days a week. Cant they even be a touch realistic and have someone having a bottle at home the odd time...

I was just thinking the exact same thing today:)

Anyone on here go to the pub 7 nights a week? Even 5 nights?

Actually we watch Fair City 4 evenings a week so i'd say that knocks the pub on the head for most of us:D

• Advertisement

Hope he keeps it all for himself, for a toy shopping spree :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement