Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

nagdefy wrote: »
    I was just thinking the exact same thing today:)

Anyone on here go to the pub 7 nights a week? Even 5 nights?

Actually we watch Fair City 4 evenings a week so i'd say that knocks the pub on the head for most of us:D

I only go the odd time and if I was a struggling employee I certainly wouldn't be there as often as the characters, then you have the Hungry Pig which is packed on 9am Sunday morning with people eating burgers and chips?? Really??

Maybe in Dublin burger shops open early Sunday but would that many people really be waiting to eat fast food so early? Then the music is torture it sounds like The Best of Reggae 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I hope wayne keeps the money builds a empire.

Where is junior rate he is growing probably in college

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Will paul still be allowed in McCoys after the way he carried on the last TWO nights ?

He is a pig.... would love to crack him one in the chin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hope he keeps it all for himself, for a toy shopping spree :P

He'll be in the money !!!

gallery_hero_1f65534b-a1a5-4ae3-84a1-28a82b61c477.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

jos28 wrote: »
    He'll be in the money !!!

gallery_hero_1f65534b-a1a5-4ae3-84a1-28a82b61c477.jpg

Woody actually looks like Wayne there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Of Wayne gets hold of the money hopefully he will be able to upgrade that shiny blue jacket he's been living in!

I wonder do the producers give much thought to how much airtime the characters get from year to year. Even a cursory glance over 2015 and 2016 confirms the order of most airtime is given to:

1. Paul and Niamh storylines
    2. Heather/Renee/Farrah
    3. The O Briens
    4. Carol
    5. Dermot/Ben
    6. Everything else (filler crap like Damien vs Pete)
    7. Sean

That's what makes Paul and Niamh storylines so utterly tedious- although they get the most air time, you are actually watching the same storyline over and over and over again year after year. At least with Heather and the O Briens, they can keep your attention, I think a few more fresh faces are sorely needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Im so numb to how stupid the writing of The Plan is that I didn't even consider why Dermot didn't ask about the money?! There are way too many plotholes in this thing now to list but another one to re-mention is the fact that no matter what job any character has, or what shifts they are on, they have the time and money to drink in the local 7 days a week. Cant they even be a touch realistic and have someone having a bottle at home the odd time...

The first thing Dermot would have done is rung Robbie and asked him what happened to the bag containing the money. The whole thing has descended into farce of course, Dermot never even asked Jane about the money last night (strange, as fleeing abroad was ALL about the money).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Strazdas wrote: »
    The first thing Dermot would have done is rung Robbie and asked him what happened to the bag containing the money. The whole thing has descended into farce of course, Dermot never even asked Jane about the money last night (strange, as fleeing abroad was ALL about the money).

I know and the thing is it wasn't even Dermo's fault he forgot it - he was bundled into the back of a van - Robbie gets back into the car and leaves the fecking money behind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pretzill wrote: »
    I know and the thing is it wasn't even Dermo's fault he forgot it - he was bundled into the back of a van - Robbie gets back into the car and leaves the fecking money behind!!

Knowing FC don't be surprised if Greasy and Dermish never share a scene again. Greasy and Callum don't even recognise each other anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Pretzill wrote: »

I think the problem is there are about 500 different subplots going on with the Plan and half the cast are involved, to the point where the scriptwriters have lost control of the storyline, as it is so full of plot holes and contradictions.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think the problem is there are about 500 different subplots going on with the Plan and half the cast are involved, to the point where the scriptwriters have lost control of the storyline, as it is so full of plot holes and contradictions.

Absolutely, very well said. They are completely out of their depth now. I mean, you don't expect high quality with FC but The Plan was obviously their way of attempting a big and bold storyline which would tie in 3 different stories and (their hope) provide drama and intrigue. Dermot getting liver cancer, Niamh getting revenge on Paul and Jane finding out and wanting a cut. But it seems they cant even get the tiniest bit of continuity or research done right so the whole thing is imploding. At this stage you could fill about 10 pages with mistakes and plotholes.

Its the small things that will hang you. Zoe went to the Galapagos for a 2 week break in early December with a sister she hadn't seen in yonks and whom she had to depend on for protection. She has missed school since then, no social worker has enquired after her, no Garda investigation has tracked her down, the hospital hasn't put out an alert after Dermot went AWOL. Dermot hasn't mentioned her once since she left. Absolutely p!ss poor and an atrocious overlook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Bob looks very orange in the face tonight..

Safe as houses in the safety of his own safe house!

Wow, Paulio. Better start saving for Valentines..

As usual, comedy gold from these sham writers. To be this bad you have to be good.

That solicitor is a sedate looking little lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Jo is playing a stormer at the moment ...a definite IFTA :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I haven't watched in weeks. How/ how much did dermot still from Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Top of his game. Would that be Wayne's shampoo empire in a suitcase.

Have to say Junior is adorable:o

I have a nephew very like him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

lol... the look on Wayne's face at the sight of he rolled up 50's.

Has Jane no tops without bare shoulders?! Crazy that she's have that many..

JoeA3 wrote: »
    lol... the look on Wayne's face at the sight of he rolled up 50's.
    That's our TV licence money :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I hope Wayne goes batsh1t crazy with the money!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Here we go. More shouting in McCoys. 3rd night on the trot.

Ciaran's bag is a great addition to the cast

This is really bad!

Finally Dolores gets her money back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Did ciaran just say I'm not in the cumour or was it my ears???

• Advertisement

STFU, K T. I talk out loud to myself all the time, and I'm not being held captive by a squared room made from toilet paper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement