Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper Elite V2 ~ PS3 ....?

Options
  • 22-12-2016 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭

Look; I'm a f**king pensioner who's played well under a dozen games in his life! I wasn't born and brought up on Play Stations. Cut me some slack, please! :D

Got this one today. Loving it! Great fun, watching as ye blow someone's mind with ye sniping.

The museum though? I couldn't survive a minute in there, so I looked at a couple of you tubes: How are these guys running around the place, taking out Germans with casual head shots from the silenced pistol???

It's the Far Cry 2 thing again ~ with me. I put the indicators squarely on a mans chest. Fire, at virtually point blank range, and he grunts and kills me!

Is this because I'm playing on Novice (Or what ever the lowest skill level is) Does that hinder ones guns accuracy? If so, strange. Because I can take a snipers eye out at 200 yards, with the rifle :confused:

Any, more experienced, in sight (In sight? Sniper? Oh, dear god! :P) very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

the higher difficulties take away the aim markers..so you have to judge bullet drop and wind speed,and time holding your breath etc..

Great Game though.. loved Part 3 and the Zombie's trilogy collection,looking forward to part 4 in 2017..

you could also check out Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 and 2 as they arent as satisfying but still worth playing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Brilliant coop game so if stuck get a mate in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Stigura

Cheers, lads. But, none of this explains why my pistol appears to have a rubber barrel, once I'm in that museum. I've sussed out that machine guns need to be kept on the target as ye fire away for maybe a few seconds, before he gets the message. I'm sure I never had the trouble with the pistol until I got into that museum though.

Is a great game though, isn't it? I'm finding it such a nice change from running around as part of a small group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Stigura wrote: »
    Cheers, lads. But, none of this explains why my pistol appears to have a rubber barrel, once I'm in that museum. I've sussed out that machine guns need to be kept on the target as ye fire away for maybe a few seconds, before he gets the message. I'm sure I never had the trouble with the pistol until I got into that museum though.

Is a great game though, isn't it? I'm finding it such a nice change from running around as part of a small group :)

the pistol isnt great alright,headshots are the only way to go,cant remember if they were underpowered in that game though as they are one hit kill in part 3 (2 if the guy has a helmet)

Ahaa! Excellent! Thanks. I'll concentrate on nut shots and see what happens then. (Probably the usual; Half the German army comes screaming in and blows me to pieces! :rolleyes: I really must get my sh!t together with using grenades, in this game!)

Now though, I'd better go and feed those real life horses.

• Advertisement

I Rock, Lads! :D I'm definitely getting the hang of this caper now. I sneaked about, nutting people like a pro'. Actually Got Through!!!

Finally managed to find the vantage point. Shot all the ruskies. Spent about twenty minutes firing at the guy beside the tank. Then took about thirty shots at the bloody fuel tanks ..... :rolleyes: It's my eyes, ye see? Moment I spotted the flashing petrol cap? One shot and that's all she wrote!

Finally managed to overcome those pesky Waffen SS / Panzer Division charmers ..... So on and so forth. Having a riot of a time. I especially like rummaging through everyones pockets! LOL-1.gif

Only thing that's worrying me now? My screen's saying " Mission Success - Continue / Restart / Exit Game ". Only, I'd like a rest now. But, I tried turning it off before and it made me repeat an entire mission, when I switched it back on, today :confused:

Hark at me though! I used to spend all night struggling through a single sequence! :D

Anyway; I'm babbling :o Happiness pumped to the hilt with adrenalin. Must work out how to safely save my game though .....

Start the next mission and then exit, it will leave you at the beginning.

Dreamer! You F**king Beauty!!! :D

I took my heart in my hands there and did that ~ Boosh! Church tower's still there, ready for me to kick off again. Phew!

Thanks!

How do ye do this, please? Tag an enemy.

I've seen it happen. Something with the bino's? (I tend to look about through my scope) Is it cross hair them and press the right stick?

Asking because the next mission ~ Launch Pad ~ looks a dark and smoky nightmare!

Can't wait! :D

Press T on Keyboard whilst looking at them via Binos, assume there is a button on PS3 too.

Seriously tho try this in Coop and then buy the trilogy and sniper elite 3 is also decent.

• Advertisement

Dreamer; I tried pressing down on the right stick, tonight. That didn't work. Then, things got hairy and I sort of forgot to try anything else.

Absolute nightmare with the Launch Pad chapter tonight! (Spoilers ahead, for anyone else who actually hasn't played this game before. As hard to imagine as that might seem!)

I finally managed to get into, and through the trenches. Blah, blah ..... Came through the train box car and popped the rocket controller, and probably the one guard with him.

Then, it tells me (Save) to 'Defend my position till it's time to launch' ~ when I'm to shoot out the fuel cap.

So, after a whole f**king night full of getting to this point, what do I do? I go and lay down at the end of the platform. Ready to shoot who ever comes out of that building or the train car.

Yep. Buggers kept pouring out of the building. I kept shooting them. Clock kept ticking. Till I realised; There's simply no way I'd Ever, under any circumstances, get past them to my window. And be left in peace to aim at that cap!

Nothing else for it. Tomorrow I start the entire f**king chapter Again! Right from the very start! God; Why didn't I stop, think, and Look Around, once I'd dropped those two?! :mad:

F**king Brilliant game! Doesn't make me frustrated because the guns don't work right. Or because I have drive motors all the time. Makes me Really pissed off at Myself for just not thinking like a Sniper! :D

I'll suss this Tagging thing. Just keep binoing and pressing buttons till something works. Then start the chapter proper. I Did google it, by the way. No bugger seems to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you get stuck have a look at the youtube walkthroughs

Skerries; I sort of started my gaming career that way. First reading written ones. Then 'advancing' to tubes vid's.

I must say, right here, that " TheRadBrad " is, surely, the greatest thing since ....?! I Love that guy! His commentaries are so spot on amusing. And I actually picked up simple little tips from watching his play.

'These Days'? I actually played All of the last COD game I played, completely without reference. I also finished it in like two days! :eek:

On this one? I'll compromise. I only peek at a WT if I'm simply lost and the arrows are telling me go to somewhere I've already been a million times. Or, in a tight as hell situation, to maybe garner some clue, after 24 hours of not managing it.

Big thing is, of course; WT's can point ye in the right, physical direction. But, woe betide the player who thinks; " Right. I go round this corner and there's two enemy, to the left. " What it won't show ye is; Miss one? Six more shoot ye to bits from behind! :D

Anyway; The fora are bubbling with people asking 'How To Tag on PS3'. Damned if I could find an answer! Not even sure why I'm bothered, in honesty. I like to spot. Scope. Wait. Fire!

Advertisement