Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shazam let me down

Options
  • 22-12-2016 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find the name of a piece of music on This YouTube video so I turned to Shazam. Unfortunately Shazam is confused and doesn't clearly recognoise the piece. It tries, but keeps giving me random titles, none of which are correct.

The person that posted the video has no idea what the title is either so there's no Info available there.

Would anyone here recognoise the piece or suggest any other methods I could try in order to identify it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Maybe try some other apps. I use soundhound as it gets lyrics too. I expect there are loads more, and maybe some specialize in more classical stuff.

Also leave a comment on the youtube page asking, others may know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Waara Rex

I'm trying to find the name of a piece of music on This YouTube video so I turned to Shazam. Unfortunately Shazam is confused and doesn't clearly recognoise the piece. It tries, but keeps giving me random titles, none of which are correct.

The person that posted the video has no idea what the title is either so there's no Info available there.

Would anyone here recognoise the piece or suggest any other methods I could try in order to identify it?
    Not really classical, could be a part of some modern soundtrack, maybe try film music instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

sounds like Dario Marinelli , so the soundtrack suggestion may be the right option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

marienbad wrote: »
    sounds like Dario Marinelli , so the soundtrack suggestion may be the right option

Appreciate your input marienbad, it gives me something to chase :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Found that with Shazam too. It's absolutely useless the last few years. If it isn't a well known song Shazam won't know it. I've had much better success with SoundHound

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not sure if you're still looking for this piece of music, OP, but it sounds a lot like something by Ludovico Einaudi to me. I wouldn't know exactly what piece if could be, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

New Home wrote: »
    Not sure if you're still looking for this piece of music, OP, but it sounds a lot like something by Ludovico Einaudi to me. I wouldn't know exactly what piece if could be, though.

I am indeed still trying to tract this down. Thank you for the suggestion, I will follow it up ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi Gadgetman, today someone made me listen to this piece, I thought it had something 'Einaudi-ish' about it, so could this be the musician you were looking for?

Advertisement