Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a smart trainer

Options
  • 22-12-2016 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I've in head to spend my Christmas bonus on a new turbo with a built in power meter that allows the resistance to be controlled by TrainerRoad or Zwift. (Currently using a PowerTap hub and basic trainer but I'd like to have power data on my road spins without the bother of swapping out a turbo tyre each time) from a quick bit of research the tacx flow in halfords seems to be the cheapest option coming in at ~226e

Consistency is more important to me that the accuracy of the number. With that in mind have ye any recommendations?

Edit: Do all turbos at this point measure power as a function of wheel speed (like virtual power in TrainerRoad) or do they have strain gauges?

Advertisement