Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier Service - Any comeback?

Options
  • 22-12-2016 1:24pm

On Thursday 8th of Dec I booked a package to be picked up at my house on on Monday 12th and delivered to the UK. It wasbt picked up on Monday. I rang my nearest depot. They gave me drivers number and he said my phone number wasn't on the label so he couldn't find my house. I had an address eircode and number on my receipt. He said he would collect it tomorrow.

He didn't arrive on Tuesday either. I rang but no answer. He eventually arrived on Wednesday evening. I asked to see the label but he said it was at home and he would attach it later. From previous experience getting packages delivered to my house the courier wouldn't come until he had a few packages for my area. It's very remote. Every package I get with them is usally a few days late and the tracking says delivery has been attempted for a few days in a row even though I know it hasnt

Also my package status stayed as just picked up for the Thursday and Friday and only arrived in the depot in Galway on Monday. I live in mayo. As of Today my package has a status of being collected from Galway which has been the same for the past few days. Is there maximum acceptable amount in which the parcel should be delivered? Should I be partly reimbursed for poor service

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

You would have to read the T&C's on the courier's website.

for instance the dhl website says

DHL EXPRESS MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    IMPORTANT NOTICE
    DHL will, upon the customer's request and subject to the restrictions described below, provide a credit or a refund of the premium paid by the customer for a DHL Express shipment, that is delivered later than DHL's quoted delivery commitment.
    DHL’s money-back guarantee (“the Guarantee”) is subject to the following conditions:
    Service Restrictions/Guidelines

Valid from 01 January 2015

Advertisement