Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel nightmare

Options
  • 22-12-2016 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My parcel is "lost in transition" for 10 days now.
    I was billed twice for same parcel, never given a PIN.
    I raised 3 tickets with customer support and mailed them once.

For your information their customer support no (not on their website!!!) is 1890241717.

I was on hold for a looong time. Nothing. No info on the progress (like others do "you are positioned 10 in Q... you are positioned 9 in Q")

If you track your PM on Nightline website you'll get a result. Download that and you get an Excel file with a mention on who handled your parcel (the PM employee's e-mail).

I also e-mailed this person. Called me back. "Where did you get this address?" "On Nightline website. Please help me! You are the first person I manage to contact from this ghostly company" "I am not customer support. You should e-mail them." "I did. But it's not just a delay, I was billed twice" "You have 2 parcels" "No, I only have one and this is also clear form the pictures I got from PM" "You should have picked it up" "I got no PIN. How am I supposed to pick it up? With an ax?" "No need to be rude"

If there are other unhappy PM customers out there let's join forces. It's not right for them to thrive on these low quality services they provide.

Oh, I managed to reach Nightline customer support and asked them about my situation they said:
    - Parcel Motel is a different company, we are not connected
    - we cannot track your parcel (but I tracked it using the facility on their website)

Hopeless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Theres plenty of competition now, so you can vote with your feet.

I imagine its pretty busy @ parcel motel now, but taking a week to respond to an email is not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sounds like bad luck. It happens, especially considering the volume at this time of year. I've only recently signed up. Had two parcels in. One was oversized, and had to be picket up at the depot. I must say, I'm impressed with the service so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You are not alone, you should have a look through this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

They are great 11 months of the year it seems, I was waited 8 days from my parcel arriving in the depot to getting to the parcel motel. They don't have enough capacity at this time of year. They are even running completions, win a prize if you pick up your parcel within 48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

They are great 11 months of the year it seems, I was waited 8 days from my parcel arriving in the depot to getting to the parcel motel. They don't have enough capacity at this time of year. They are even running completions, win a prize if you pick up your parcel within 48 hours.

Got a text from them during the week, name entered to win a prize if you collect within 4 hours!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got a text from them during the week, name entered to win a prize if you collect within 4 hours!!

Got that aswell earlier.... I was just on my way to the garage to get lunch so I picked it up within minutes haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

At this time of the year, the obvious thing to do is to use either Parcel wizard or Addresspal.

These are not as constrained by capacity issues.

You can only put so many parcels in the PM lockers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 InaR

Update: I got a friendly call from PM Customer Support apologising for the problems. They offered full refund and free home delivery + 2 free stays for the future.
    They said it was a problem at my chosen location. The Motel was first vandalised and they brought all surviving parcels back to their Depot. Somehow this compelled them to charge again and give another tracking no to my parcel. Second they delivered again to the motel, but before sending the texts the Motel was vandalised again.
    So they completely closed that location and moved me to a different garage for the future.
    Hopefully I'll receive my parcel tomorrow as discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Where the hell is your motel?

It was Chapelizod. No I see that location is completely removed from their website. They already changed my settings as discussed. So i guess it must be true. Anyway, any apology would have worked. I'm not a trouble maker. I only wanted the issue sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Was this the new location in the Topaz just after the bypass? I noticed on the way to work yesterday that the lockers weren't there.

They must have been there 2 or 3 weeks tops :mad:

That's the one. It's gone now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Total scummers ruining it for everyone else!

My PM location is meters from a halting site and across the road from an undesirable area and never an issue there, bar the one time there was a nasty chocolate spit stain on the screen. Thankfully I was getting fuel and not collecting a parcel :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

goz83 wrote: »
    Total scummers ruining it for everyone else!

My PM location is meters from a halting site and across the road from an undesirable area and never an issue there, bar the one time there was a nasty chocolate spit stain on the screen. Thankfully I was getting fuel and not collecting a parcel :p

Nice image in my head now

Advertisement