Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre installed early but phone not working

Options
  • 22-12-2016 1:51pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had an install booked for the 3rd January but the engineer was able to do it early and it was all set up. The phone line is not working though. There is a dial tone but I am unable to dial any numbers. I've been on to the faults department and was told it won't be active till the 3rd January which makes no sense to me if the broadband is installed and working fine and I have a dial tone. Could someone look in to this for me please as the 2 people I have spoken to so far seem confused by the whole thing. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

LFCFan wrote: »
    I had an install booked for the 3rd January but the engineer was able to do it early and it was all set up. The phone line is not working though. There is a dial tone but I am unable to dial any numbers. I've been on to the faults department and was told it won't be active till the 3rd January which makes no sense to me if the broadband is installed and working fine and I have a dial tone. Could someone look in to this for me please as the 2 people I have spoken to so far seem confused by the whole thing. Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]LFCFan,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your name & account number & I will look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

When you pick up your phone listen to the dial tone for about 10 seconds and see if you hear a automated recording of a woman's voice. The tech may have jumpered it wrong when doing the install.

Advertisement