Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable for TC?

Options
  • 22-12-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can temp control Aspire Pockex coils (0.6 ohm, 316 SS) in a Nautilus X with an iStick Pico?
    The Pockex coils work well in a Nautilus X tank in wattage mode.

I know bugger all about TC, so help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You can use any type of coil besides kanthal in TC mode. They're SS coils, so completely fine.

I think most TC mods now have default SS set up for 316ss

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

You can also use them in wattage mode. I've only gotten into SS lately and it is without a doubt the best metal to vape with. Kanthal is good too, nickel is not worth it

I use nothing but SS wire now in all my tanks. Ramp up time is that bit better, and I find I get a cleaner taste. Kanthal is fine though, if you never use TC modes. I like to have the option to switch between.

I think for wattage mode you really need something that can lock resistance. I don't know how I feel about the SS ohms changing when I'm in wattage mode but it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. I'm just OCD about things like that

The ohms don't change in wattage mode though? They're locked on any device I have at least. You mean in TC mode? yeah, then you need to lock the resistance

• Advertisement

Resistance should change on pretty much anything that isn't kanthal I think. The different temperatures cause the resistance to change so the chips in the device can manage the temp. I thought that's how it works, could be wrong though. Any time I use nickel or ss the resistance jumps. Same for ss in tc mode. I've just been using a coolfire mod lately and it doesn't have the option to lock resistance but it seems to work better than anything I've used in the past

I honestly don't understand locking the resistance. I thought the whole idea of TC was that the variation in resistance was how the chip in the mod managed temp??

Advertisement