Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo's "opollo house"

Options
  • 22-12-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

TheJournal.ie has an article on a Nama building being occupied similar to opollo house, not much details.
    Anyone any idea on what's happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

If anyone knows who any of the organizers are please ask them to PM me.
    I've got a spare single bed going in the centre of Sligo.

They can collect if security is an issue or I can deliver but unfortunately I am away to the big smoke for a few days starting Saturday so the sooner the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.thejournal.ie/sligo-homeless-occupation-3155001-Dec2016/?utm_source=shortlink
    A DISUSED OFFICE building in Sligo town has been occupied by homeless activists.
    The occupation of the building has apparently been inspired by the similar usage of Apollo House in Dublin city centre by homeless activists in recent days.
    It’s understood that 13 homeless people spent the night in the building last night.
    The location of the building is as yet unknown, with the organisers of the occupation keen to keep its whereabouts a secret for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

So this never happened. This attention seeking spoofer provided a drinking den for alcoholics.
    If he really cared about someone other than himself, he would do something to help these people counter their addictions rather than feed their habits..
    Total pr1k!
    http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=43663

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Typical of the Journal.ie to print fake news that's suits their political outlook without checking facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Typical of the Journal.ie to print fake news that's suits their political outlook without checking facts.

At least we know Boards is a fair and balanced place to express all outlooks without any agenda being favoured by the admins ;);););););););) :pac:

Sites: adverts.ie daft.ie rent.ie property.ie thejournal.ie Adverts.ie Jobs on Boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

red sean wrote: »
    So this never happened. This attention seeking spoofer provided a drinking den for alcoholics.
    If he really cared about someone other than himself, he would do something to help these people counter their addictions rather than feed their habits..
    Total pr1k!
    http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=43663

That lad is a certifiable idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

If anyone knows who any of the organizers are please ask them to PM me.
    I've got a spare single bed going in the centre of Sligo.

They can collect if security is an issue or I can deliver but unfortunately I am away to the big smoke for a few days starting Saturday so the sooner the better.

I've had another think about this and this possibly isn't the best destination for the single bed.

Can anyone recommend a charity in Sligo or re-purposing centre that would be interested in a free single bed?

It's in perfect condition and I don't want to just chuck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Dringe123

St Vincent de Paul sometimes take furniture if they have takers for particular items

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ring Sligo Social Services
    http://www.sligosocialservices.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Was saying to some of my colleagues a few days ago he's nothing but a bluffer so turns out I was on the mark (doesn't happen too often either) :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

promethius wrote: »
    Was saying to some of my colleagues a few days ago he's nothing but a bluffer so turns out I was on the mark (doesn't happen too often either) :-)
    You didn't say if your "colleagues" actually listened. "Colleagues" where? FG Central or Breitbart? Or the farmer Civic Guards? It may be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

iamnotme wrote: »
    You didn't say if your "colleagues" actually listened. "Colleagues" where? FG Central or Breitbart? Or the farmer Civic Guards? It may be helpful.

Yes they did listen, and some of them knew of him and agreed. No, I'm not linked to Fine Gael and had to google breitbart (hadn't heard of them before). I'm not a farmer or a guard either but not 100% sure if that's what you were asking me. Hope that's helpful and happy new year also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It was the former tractech factory in Sligo which was occupied. Not a NAMA property.

Advertisement