Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the "Beats By Dre" of it's industry?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gold looks better. The end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Most high end consumer products. That covers anything designer made. Its made for 50 cent by some poor kid in a Chinese sweat shop and sold from E50 up when it gets here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

kowloon wrote: »
    Feast thine eyes on this beauty.

Did you read the comments? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Stasi 2.0

Fully agree

Gillette: "Our New! Super Improved! Extra-strength model!!!!!!!"

Society: "You added a new blade didn't you?"

Gillette: *hangs head* "Yes"

Society: "Shut up and take my money!"

Its worse than that.

Soon as they bring out a new (even more overpriced) blade range the quality of their previously top-of-the-range blades nosedives forcing customers into an upgrade cycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Most high end consumer products. That covers anything designer made. Its made for 50 cent by some poor kid in a Chinese sweat shop and sold from E50 up when it gets here.

Not really - i recently purchased a coat, cost quite a bit but its handmade in France in the designers studio. It was worth every penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Wayne Rooney

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Liamalone wrote: »
    Gold looks better. The end.
    Only because of relativity :P

What keeps that golden
    twinkle bright?
    Mass increase near
    speed of light!

The outer electron whizzes around at 58% the speed of light and so is 20% heavier than normal

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

On tonight's episode of Spot The Talent ....

http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2016/1208/837434-rte-guide-christmas-cover-is-a-winner-ima-2016/
    The Christmas RTÉ Guide is a festive staple in many households and this year's cover is another winner, based on Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol.

The cover features Ryan Tubridy, Graham Norton, Ray D'arcy, Mrs Brown (Brendan O'Carroll), Miriam O'Callaghan, Gay Byrne, Sinead Kennedy, Marty Morrissey, Jean Byrne, Bridget & Eamon (Jennifer Zamparelli and Bernard O'Shea), Sharon Ní Bheoláin, Bryan Dobson, Red Rock's Farrah (Denise McCormack) and Paul (Tony Tormey). And of course, the ever-present Christmas Guide cover star, Pat Shortt.

Yes this cover stopped me buying it this year there was a queue at the till looked down at what was in my hand and I just went meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2016/1208/837434-rte-guide-christmas-cover-is-a-winner-ima-2016/

Yes this cover stopped me buying it this year there was a queue at the till looked down at what was in my hand and I just went meh.

We actually have that magazine. Found it in the jacks this morning. Some fellas that look a bit like RTE 'celebrities' in period clothes being merry with a dwarf on their shoulders. Thats apparently RTEs idea of total happiness or so. Wtf.
    Didn't realise Sharon Ní Bheoláin was in it. Might have a look again.

Ah what harm, I suppose they know best what people want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Its made for 50 cent

Wow all the rappers seem to have their own product line these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I don't know what group of geniuses came up with that idea but it looks awful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

diomed wrote: »
    Box sets.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Kenco coffee is ****e and quite expensive

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There's a copy in my Mums house. I flicked through it. About 50% advertising and the rest is drivel. You're better off without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Referring to the OP, apparently Harley Davidson's are notoriously unreliable. They sell because they look badass Americana and are the bike of choice in the 1% Mc scene.

Jap bikes are probably finer machines altogether.

No probably about it.;)

Arghus wrote: »
    The problem is that a good deal of its readership think it's a quality newspaper.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

"DJI Phantom" camera drones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I'm relieved that there are no verified purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

VAG - overpriced overrated shyte cars with shyte mechanical quality and reliability.

Clever marketing and good interiors to fool you into thinking the rest the car is well built.

• Advertisement

Away with your substandard downmarket yellow pack crap

Have a look at this

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

mdwexford wrote: »
    It is in my arse.

I use my cordless Dyson, it picks up everything and is much more convenient and powerful than any other hoover I've ever used.

I can't be seduced by marketing when I don't watch advertisements.

You already have been- hoover is a brand name, they're vacuum cleaners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

All Apple products, generally very good products, but a lot for a badge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

srsly78 wrote: »
    Wow all the rappers seem to have their own product line these days.

Wait til you see P Diddy Tiddly Winks, the first in a new line of rapper board games.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    All Apple products, generally very good products, but a lot for a badge

A complete Oxymoron of a sentence,

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭migrant

Uggs

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭migrant

A complete Oxymoron of a sentence,
    I think he was aiming for a haiku

Archeron wrote: »
    Wait til you see P Diddy Tiddly Winks, the first in a new line of rapper board games.

Ludocris and Cluedocris are in the pipeline...

Advertisement