Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N76 Kilkenny Callan Clonmel Road realignment scheme

Options
  • 22-12-2016 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭

Just see here the N76 road out of Kilkenny is to get some badly needed works, allegedly starting in the New Year. I gather it will realign the awful series of bends around Tennypark, the location of numerous serious accidents over the years. As well as safety improvements.
    Quite a busy route that links the M9/N10 down to Clonmel. Hopefully it will happen as it's been mooted and talked about for decades.

http://kclr96fm.com/e8-5-million-wor...road-kilkenny/

I wish they'd also look at the N77 Portlaoise/Ballyragget road. It's insufferably poor for almost all between Ballyragget and Kilkenny with very high traffic levels- nearly 11,000 vehicles per day in parts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

There were works going on in the fields on both sides earlier in the year so I reckon it will happen. Great to see the stretch finally made safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dymo wrote: »

Excellent, looks right the way to/from the Car boot sale cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

But where will the speed van go :eek: I'd hate for him to be out of a job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Autosport wrote: »
    But where will the speed van go :eek: I'd hate for him to be out of a job :D

Don't worry... they've already found a new spot... just near cuffesgrange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Don't worry... they've already found a new spot... just near cuffesgrange.

Also just up from Seville lodge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Saw the bollix at Hogans Bark Mulch place the other day

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Say what you want about the speed van on the bad bends but there's a lot less accidents with him there in recent years,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Cabaal wrote: »
    Say what you want about the speed van on the bad bends but there's a lot less accidents with him there in recent years,
    you can be doing the speed limit on those bends and you could still come of in the frost.

As a by the way there is no speed camera signs on the road from at least Kilbride Cemetery to their new patch in Tullamain. That's a distance of probably 4/5 miles Will look to see exactly where the sign is next time I go to clonmel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

As a by the way there is no speed camera signs on the road from at least Kilbride Cemetery to their new patch in Tullamain. That's a distance of probably 4/5 miles Will look to see exactly where the sign is next time I go to clonmel.

Think there is one near Brett's on the kilkenny side. I could be completely wrong but it's there a while. I've never seen a sped van there though. Where does it be??

I'll look today but don't think there's one near Brett's. Have seen them where Pat Hogan sells the bark Mulch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea that and better traffic management made a huge difference.

Think there is one near Brett's on the kilkenny side. I could be completely wrong but it's there a while. I've never seen a sped van there though. Where does it be??

That sign has been there for a long time, I've seen the van just once past Holdens big house on the left, pulled on the left.

Here: https://goo.gl/maps/37ctVbgu27p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

A nice Road, but the surface in general doesn't seem very level.

Official opening yesterday, suits all over the kip. All work seems to have stopped now. Place looks unfinished

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Official opening yesterday, suits all over the kip. All work seems to have stopped now. Place looks unfinished

There's more to be done, I spoke to someone working there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There's more to be done, I spoke to someone working there.

Very little to be done surely, paths done, fencing, planting, paths, grass is seeded, road painted etc.

OK there's a big pile of soil and one or two houses are due to get their gates still but it's basically done from what I can see

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Very little to be done surely, paths done, fencing, planting, paths, grass is seeded, road painted etc.

OK there's a big pile of soil and one or two houses are due to get their gates still but it's basically done from what I can see

It's the aesthetic things.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement