Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alan Pardew sacked

2»

Comments

tanko wrote: »
    How many times has he been sacked now?

That's his 3rd

Bad year. Did great things at Newcastle and rightly became the only English manager to win PL Manager of the Year and League Managers Manager of the Year in the same season. Prob raised expectations far too high with his first year at Palace, that was never gonna last at a small club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I still can't believe Newcastle gave him an 8 year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

How many times has he been sacked now?

That's his 3rd

Bad year.  Did great things at Newcastle and rightly became the only English manager to win PL Manager of the Year and League Managers Manager of the Year in the same season.  Prob raised expectations far too high with his first year at Palace, that was never gonna last at a small club.
    Is that you Alan....???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Big Sam to Palace and Pardew back to West Ham when Bilic gets the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Sacked by West Ham, Southampton and Palace. Fan protests against him at Newcastle and Charlton where he left by 'mutual consent'. That it's gone sour again is about the least surprising piece of news this year. Starts brilliantly then the wheels come off. Rinse, repeat.
    The fact he's one of the least likeable people in the sport doesn't help his case regarding sympathy
    Back to the championship I think unless Hull sack Phelan. Then again with his history against them I can't see hull appounting him. Sunderland obviously won't either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Berserker wrote: »
    Interestingly, I thought that their win over Southampton and draw away to Hull a few weeks ago would save his job until 2017. Loses against Man United and Chelsea are hardly sacking offences.

The new manager was probably in line and was happy for those two games to be over prior to appointment.

He'll want to create a good feeling so losing the first two games would be a step in the wrong direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's his 3rd

Bad year. Did great things at Newcastle and rightly became the only English manager to win PL Manager of the Year and League Managers Manager of the Year in the same season. Prob raised expectations far too high with his first year at Palace, that was never gonna last at a small club.

He's been found out (as much as Pardew could actually be found out), you were wrong. Move on.

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's been found out (as much as Pardew could actually be found out), you were wrong. Move on.

Checked back, he DID actually sweep the managers awards in the same season, and he did it at Newcastle, and he did take Palace to their highest EPL finish, and he was sacked by 3 clubs, and it did go bad this year.

I think that makes every single point I made...right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Berserker wrote: »
    Interestingly, I thought that their win over Southampton and draw away to Hull a few weeks ago would save his job until 2017. Loses against Man United and Chelsea are hardly sacking offences.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/premier-league-table-2016-good-9494485
    6 wins in 36 games this year though. That table in the link is astonishing. I did laugh at Arsenal being 4th though. Pardew is a strange one. Teams can do very well under his management, but when things go tits up he has absolutely no way of changing it. Its all downhill till he leaves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Big Sam to Palace and Pardew back to West Ham when Bilic gets the boot.
    Always love a bit of humour this close to Christmas.
    No doubt he'll get a new PL job and cycle will continue. He'll give them a brief boost before they begin the unstoppable slide. Fans of teams he's managed have seen it all before yet we were laughed at not too long ago for suggesting it.
    Allardyce would be the perfect appointment, especially with Benteke in their ranks.

How much compo did he get?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    How much compo did he get?

Reported as €4.8 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Reported as €4.8 million.

What a terrible Christmas present. my piles bleed for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Whatever about Pardew, his (former) boss puts him in the shade in the bellend stakes....

"club chairman Steve Parish saying Pardew's "expansive style of football hasn't worked".
    "Now we're going to wind the dial back the other way," Parish told BBC Sport.

Yeah... that'll work.

15589800_1180118592098580_4795685847796910941_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e50f54607581bbfa4020c805c7cfac9f&oe=58FB5E0B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

sadliercaption.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

ScummyMan wrote: »
    *clears throat*
    • Headbutted David Meyler.
    • Called Pelligrini, one of the good guys in the game, an "old cunt".
    • Danced like a knobhead during the FA Cup final.
    • Constant strop throwing on the sideline, eg pushing a linesman.
    • His gigantic, astronomical ego. I particularly remember his smug demener in the post half interview with Newcastle after getting smacked 5-0 by Spurs, like he knew better than everyone else.

There's loads more but that'll do for now. Probably the most unlikeable character in football today, I hope this is the last we see of him.

I love the way pardew gets so much stick.
    But if someone did a list like this about Jose, certain fans would lose their sh1t!!!

Jose's list is worse and he is definitely a bigger cokc than Alan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

enzo roco wrote: »

Yeah but winning stuff covers a multitude. Ferguson was no choirboy either.
    The new manager was probably in line and was happy for those two games to be over prior to appointment.

You could be right. From here http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/palace-appointing-sam-allardyce-may-be-far-from-popular-1.2916512 it sounds like he more or less "tapped up" Palace:
    He will be instrumental in discussions with the Palace chairman, Steve Parish, when they meet on Friday to iron out the details of his contract at Selhurst Park, although with Allardyce having sent a detailed dossier to the club’s American investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer as long as six weeks ago, it seems those negotiations will be little more than a formality.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

But if someone did a list like this about Jose, certain fans would lose their sh1t!!!

Mourihno is a great manager Pardew isn't.

Also the rumours about what Pardew did to one of his players show him to be a pretty scummy individual off the field which Mourihno doesn't appear to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

He is supposed to have had an affair with the wife of Carl Fletcher (not the Carl Fletcher from Harchester Utd) who was one of his players at the time and then he transferred Fletcher when he found out about it.

Supposed to had an affair with Jose Fonte wife when managing Southampton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Gael85 wrote: »
    Supposed to had an affair with Jose Fonte wife when managing Southampton

What the **** is wrong with these women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Yea but jose has won stuff. .be a knob and back it up it ain't too bad. Be a knob and win **** **** all. People talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just thinking how crazy a situation this turned out to be.

Palace paid Newcastle 2.5 million and have now had to fork out just under 5 million to get rid...

Just under 7.5 million quid they paid that chancer. I like Palace as a club but that's some batshít stuff at boardroom level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just thinking how crazy a situation this turned out to be.

Palace paid Newcastle 2.5 million and have now had to fork out just under 5 million to get rid...

Just under 7.5 million quid they paid that chancer. I like Palace as a club but that's some batshít stuff at boardroom level.
    Whats really mind boggling is it happened 3 or 4 times before! At least Ashley seemed to have the payoff part well organised.

When you take all the "he had an affair with X player's wife at Y club" stories you have to think...if he had put all that time into managing, he'd have done even better!

Or else they're to be taken with a rather large pinch of salt. Especially the one where he then axed the player, which kinda assumes the player and his wife happily accepted their fate without complaint...

Advertisement