Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highlands hotel suggestions

Options
  • 22-12-2016 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a hotel up in the highlands we've been looking mainly around Inverness and down towards Loch Ness does anyone have any suggestions? The wife is quite picky so it needs to look nice. Anything up to £200/night. Doesn't have to be in a town or have a spa or anything like that although would be nice if there were a bar nearby!

Thanks!

8_SALTIRE.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Place looks well for £95/night! That ticks the most important box for me anyway cheers!!

To be honest, you would be hard pressed to find a hotel in the highlands charging as much as £200 a night!

I didn't actually stay in the Duke of Gordon, I only had a drink in the bar, but it struck me as a lot plushier than the place I stayed in - which was fine but a bit cramped.

In Fort William I stayed in this place - cosy family hotel, good food:

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g2060349-d253418-Reviews-The_Moorings_Hotel-Banavie_Fort_William_Lochaber_Scottish_Highlands_Scotland.html

Yeh not many charging that price in January but still finding nice places just to find they are £400/night you would think the demand for £400 a room nights wouldn't have much demand a week or two after hogmanay but I guess there must be some!

Came across the moorings but the rooms were too contemporary or something. Duke of Gordon will hopefully do the job!

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh not many charging that price in January but still finding nice places just to find they are £400/night you would think the demand for £400 a room nights wouldn't have much demand a week or two after hogmanay but I guess there must be some!

Bit surprised at that too....must be folk staying on an extra week to recover/sight-see?

• Advertisement

Bit surprised at that too....must be folk staying on an extra week to recover/sight-see?

I guess these places have to keep the prices up some they don't get riff raff like me in during the winter months! When we used to live outside of Europe when we did take holidays back it would normally last 1 or 2 months so I guess there are people coming from America or Asia doing that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

As an aside you get some cracking deals on cottages for short term stays around Scotland. We're planning on doing a driving tour in the summer over the course of a two weekend with a week off work in between.

razorblunt wrote: »
    As an aside you get some cracking deals on cottages for short term stays around Scotland. We're planning on doing a driving tour in the summer over the course of a two weekend with a week off work in between.

Yeh there's a ton of nice ones all the ones we liked were booked up though! Will definitely book one if we have more time in future.

Advertisement