Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I still haven't got a shiny anything :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Anyone got any tips for how to maximize star pieces?
    All I can think of is to lure up a couple of stops on day 7 of the streak.

"The size of your Pikachu is… colossal. This is indeed exceptional. Fascinating!"

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Feebas, Lotad and some other fishy one are looking like the problems for me.
    I am pretty happy, hatched a Luvdisc and a Barboach over the New Year. Still some big gaps missing in my Pokedex.
    Ive only gotten to do 5 Groudon raids abd yet to catch him. A combination of being alone, getting booted out or leaving an area just as an egg pops up has so far foiled my efforts. Yesterday it was a bit wild to head out.
    But I do have Relicanth in my 'seen' list.

I have enough candy for about 5-6 new entries (EG. 280 seedot candy) but Im being a snob and gonna wait for a 82%+ specimen.

Anyone figure out the current top number for Pokedex without Mewtwo?

296 Caught/ 309 Seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Tenger wrote: »
    I am pretty happy, hatched a Luvdisc and a Barboach over the New Year. Still some big gaps missing in my Pokedex.
    Ive only gotten to do 5 Groudon raids abd yet to catch him. A combination of being alone, getting booted out or leaving an area just as an egg pops up has so far foiled my efforts. Yesterday it was a bit wild to head out.
    But I do have Relicanth in my 'seen' list.

I have enough candy for about 5-6 new entries (EG. 280 seedot candy) but Im being a snob and gonna wait for a 82%+ specimen.

Anyone figure out the current top number for Pokedex without Mewtwo?

296 Caught/ 309 Seen

going around town today, notices a lot of gen 3 evolved stuff in gyms allright. Have about 15 new species to evolve myself. Luvdisc is a nice addition, one of the few I haven't seen so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My last four 5k eggs - three chikoritas and a squirtle. Treecko is the starter I want, dammit! (have the candies but none over 65% IV)

Wey hey, I hatched an 82% Treecko. Not mighty but way better than any others. A lot of evolving to do when they fix the scroll bug.

Also, there's EX raid passes slowly coming out in towns in the north, the latest in Omagh, but I haven't heard of any here. Is there just none happening?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Wey hey, I hatched an 82% Treecko. Not mighty but way better than any others. A lot of evolving to do when they fix the scroll bug.

Also, there's EX raid passes slowly coming out in towns in the north, the latest in Omagh, but I haven't heard of any here. Is there just none happening?

The Pokemon Go Dublin page is reporting a few in Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,344 ✭✭✭✭phog

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I still haven't got a shiny anything :(

I have caught 43,492 Pokemon and I still haven't a shiny one either.

delly wrote: »
    The Pokemon Go Dublin page is reporting a few in Dublin city centre.

Yup. Saw a pic of an EX raid on Jan 9th in Grand Canal dock.

That scroll bug better get fixed soon, it’s really pissing me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Tenger wrote:

Scroll bug?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If it's what I think it is, when you do stuff like transfer a pokemon, the list then snaps back up to the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Yup. Saw a pic of an EX raid on 9th in Grand Canal dock.

Ya ,incredibly annoying , makes any changes you are making very frustrating and I have only about 500 pokemons in list , even the smallest change like marking one as Fav reverts to top of list.
    Feels like it was done for a unknown reason rather than a bug , but lets hope they resolve it next update.

Lets hope they resolve it sooner than that.

I am reduced to searching by name for each common Pokémon , then transferring from that small group to get rid of excess. I’m currently trying to build up enough to evolves for a lucky egg run. Currently got 86 candidates, usually go with 90-100. I currently have a written list as the scroll bug will make it painful to transfer them afterwards.

296/309

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

look out for zangoose today, it reported to be spawning in our area now alongside seviper

syboit wrote: »
    look out for zangoose today, it reported to be spawning in our area now alongside seviper

doesnt seem too common though , saw one earlier on my nearby list , regretting not popping out of work for 5 mins for it , havent seen another since! , guess just need to be patient , hopefully it wont flip back anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I literally caught my first seviper yesterday have had loads pop up on nearby but none spawning. Botanic gardens so gonna pop in there tomorrow on the off chance zangoose shows up too.

syboit wrote: »
    Not alongside. Players in the US reporting that it switched yesterday.

Funny I actually have more zangoose than seviper. A few days in the US allowed me to catch loads. I only kept the 8 over 1300 CP. maybe caught 8 seviper in total.

Just did a lucky egg evolve. Painful to type in each Pokémon before evolving (scroll to top bug)
    But added 7 new Pokémon to the Dex.

303/312
    Still no Groupon however, waited an hour in city center today, no people around for the 2 raids I walked to.

I need some advice please.
    Level 30 Jos Jr last week got it into his head he'd like a Machamp.
    A week ago he tried to solo one in a raid.
    It had the best moveset.
    He wasn't strictly soloing, since his level 17 mammy was in there with him, but we're not sure how much she brought to the party.
    Her 'best' moon is a 1300 85% Magneton so I think he was effectively soloing it.
    He got it into red with 10 seconds to go but couldn't get his foot on its throat.
    Tomorrow is his last day before we return to Ireland and school.
    School days are poke-free days, so he wants to give Machamp another go tomorrow.
    So we've been working on his team today.
    We've brought in an 89% Espeon that had very low CP the last time around and powered it up.
    We've upskilled his Dragonite from Steel Wing to Dragon Tail.
    We've burned over 100,000 stardust powering up his Dragonite, Exxegutor and Charizard by about 25% over the previous attempt.
    He doesn't have an Alakazam yet, but does have a 73% 1000CP Kadabra. Or perhaps he'd be better off with his 2300CP 100% Ursaring?
    He's included his Gengar since it stayed in long enough the last time around to get off a few charge moves.
    He's practiced his dodging in a few Tier 1/2 raids in the meantime.

Sorry for the long post, but does he have a chance?
    Is he setting himself up for another disappointment?
    I'm the one who'll have to cheer him up and collect the potions to heal up the walking wounded.
    The last Machamp raid took out 12 of his and 18 of his mammy's mons.
    This is the team btw

iAvSH47.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm not near as knowledgeable as the others here but at first glance I don't fancy his chances. It might be worth waiting until he or his mother have stronger teams. OTOH there seemed to be a bunch of machops around today in the cloudy weather. Before today only makuhitas were common fighting types

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I've not tried it myself but I hear you can use pokebattler(?) website to simulate raid battles with your mons and see if you have a chance.

My tip from soloing raids is power up the first 4-5. When soloing lvl3 bosses you'll generally run out of time before you get to your 6th mon.

Weather will help a lot too - windy for the boost to psychic and dragon should make short work of machamp (especially if your son has a dt/hurricane dragonite).

My team for soloing machamp is 1 gengar, 1 alakazam, 1 espeon and 1 lugia.

Edit: i just saw you posted up the cp photos - I wouldn't try soloing machamp with that cp range - unless it was weather boosted with favorable movesets (windy gives bonus to both dragon and psychic) and even then it might be tough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I'm afraid I wouldn't fancy his chances. I can solo a few of the t3 raids, but some of those can be close, and I'm level 38.

• Advertisement

Yes, I was a bit surprised he managed to get him into the red the last time around.
    The weather may have helped or maybe his mammy's mons contributed more than he gave her credit for :)
    That Machamp's fast move was Counter but I can't remember the charge move.

I've been looking at Pokebattler. If I don't stop now I doubt if I'll get any work done tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

What is his Dragonite's charge move? If it is not hurricane then tm it over as it is super effective against machamp.
    Sounds like he was weather assisted, no way that team gets a machamp into the red without.
    Even at level 17 you'd be surprised at how much his mother's account will have contributed.
    Just focus on type effectiveness. When weather boosted it can make an incredible difference.

Make sure charizard's attacks are air and not fire and Eggecutors are psychic and not grass.

josip wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for how to maximize star pieces?
    All I can think of is to lure up a couple of stops on day 7 of the streak.
    Stock up on berries and feed them to any gym Pokemon that you can
    Time your eggs so that they hatch during the 30 mins.
    Stick on an intense and for good measure a lucky egg.

This is the sort of team I'd be bringing against a Machamp. I have another high CP Alakazam, but I was daft and stuck it in a gym a week or two ago and it hasn't come back yet.

Angron wrote: »
    This is the sort of team I'd be bringing against a Machamp. I have another high CP Alakazam, but I was daft and stuck it in a gym a week or two ago and it hasn't come back yet.

Wha moves on your Alakazam and Gengar?
    I need to set myself up a team to be able to solo Machamp. Just don’t have the charge TMs to get myself Futuresight moves on my Alakazam’s. Been unlucky so far with my rolls.

Diemos wrote: »
    What is his Dragonite's charge move? If it is not hurricane then tm it over as it is super effective against machamp.
    Sounds like he was weather assisted, no way that team gets a machamp into the red without.
    Even at level 17 you'd be surprised at how much his mother's account will have contributed.
    Just focus on type effectiveness. When weather boosted it can make an incredible difference.

Make sure charizard's attacks are air and not fire and Eggecutors are psychic and not grass.

Dragonite's CM is Hyper Beam, if we had a TM I'd change it.
    I'd also change Charizard's, Exeggutor and Espeon's movesets if we had more TMs :(
    I'll make sure he has his mammy with him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I wouldn't have a chance doing a tier 3 got my Ass handed to me doing lower tier 2 ones in the last while, I need to stardust up my strongest have 400,000 but am still only level 30 so need to do more soon, I want a Groudon

Wha moves on your Alakazam and Gengar?
    I need to set myself up a team to be able to solo Machamp. Just don’t have the charge TMs to get myself Futuresight moves on my Alakazam’s. Been unlucky so far with my rolls.

Alakazam are all Confusion/Future Sight. I think I had one get FS as a move on evolving, the others cost me a lot of TMs switching between Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. Gengar is hex/shadow ball.

I wouldn't have a chance doing a tier 3 got my Ass handed to me doing lower tier 2 ones in the last while, I need to stardust up my strongest have 400,000 but am still only level 30 so need to do more soon, I want a Groudon
    Look for weather conditions which favour the raid boss weakness
    E.g. windy which boost air and psychic for machamp

It makes a huge difference

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm afraid I wouldn't fancy his chances. I can solo a few of the t3 raids, but some of those can be close, and I'm level 38.

Im l39 but my teams may not be quite up to scratch , on the l3 I can solo Gengar , Polygon and Scyther ,but prob only 50% successfully.
    I have ever tried Ninetales , Alakazam or Machamp or l2 Cloyster , are you able to solo those yourself ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement