Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rooy wrote: »
    Im l39 but my teams may not be quite up to scratch , on the l3 I can solo Gengar , Polygon and Scyther ,but prob only 50% successfully.
    I have ever tried Ninetales , Alakazam or Machamp or l2 Cloyster , are you able to solo those yourself ?

I can do Porygon and Machamp, and theoretically I could do Gengar but I don't need one so I've never tried. Alakazam is one I want to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

As you max out pokes at trainer lvl 38 you should be able to solo all t3s with the right mons (without weather bonus).

Ninetails was the hardest t3 to solo until gyarados got waterfall as a quick move - now it's relatively easy to take down with 3 garys and a rock moveset golem.

Gengar can take me 1-2 tries to get depending on moveset - if it's one-shotting your psychic mons with shadow ball a ground mon could be swapped in to take advantage of ground vs. poison advantage.

Alakazam is easy if you can a few bite/crunch tyranitars, just watch if it has focus blast which obviously one-shots a ttar. Failing multiple ttars, you can also use houndoom or bite/crunch gyarados.

The rest are relatively easy - before weather boosting came into effect and waterfall arrived machamp was actually considered one of the easiest t3 bosses to solo.

At lvl29-38 you can consider duo-ing Absol (especially in cloudy weather) for the extra rewards doing a t4 raid gives (you only need to bring lvl30-ish machamps). I can duo Absol with my wife (lvl 28) with or without weather boost and she has non-optimal mons (2 machamps with close combat, heracross, dragonite x2, poliwrath/raikou etc.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Took advantage of "sunny" weather in Galway, and got two boosted Groudon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

I literally caught my first seviper yesterday have had loads pop up on nearby but none spawning. Botanic gardens so gonna pop in there tomorrow on the off chance zangoose shows up too.

Any Zangeese in the Botanic gardens today?
    I got my first one (L30 77%IV FC/CC) wandering around outside just now.

[Edit] Make that two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Angron wrote: »
    Took advantage of "sunny" weather in Galway, and got two boosted Groudon :D

Nice. Our group were on the lookout for these today but none happened

• Advertisement

Nice. Our group were on the lookout for these today but none happened

Ah feck, that's unlucky. There was one in our group that had one around 95% run, we felt so bad for him.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Ah feck, that's unlucky. There was one in our group that had one around 95% run, we felt so bad for him.

I still havent caught one. Timing is continually off for me.

I was in my local area about a week ago for approx 90 mins. There were 3 Groudon raids as I was walking around the park, met 1 other guy. No-one else to even attempt those.
    Yesterday I was in the same park for 2 hours, no raids about lvl 2 popped up.
    Passed through Dublin city centre twice over the last week and no Groudons around either.

Im going to take a few hours on Wednesday in Dublin city centre, hoperfully to get a chance at catching one.

304/313

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Thirdfox wrote: »
    As you max out pokes at trainer lvl 38 you should be able to solo all t3s with the right mons (without weather bonus).

Ninetails was the hardest t3 to solo until gyarados got waterfall as a quick move - now it's relatively easy to take down with 3 garys and a rock moveset golem.

Gengar can take me 1-2 tries to get depending on moveset - if it's one-shotting your psychic mons with shadow ball a ground mon could be swapped in to take advantage of ground vs. poison advantage.

Alakazam is easy if you can a few bite/crunch tyranitars, just watch if it has focus blast which obviously one-shots a ttar. Failing multiple ttars, you can also use houndoom or bite/crunch gyarados.

The rest are relatively easy - before weather boosting came into effect and waterfall arrived machamp was actually considered one of the easiest t3 bosses to solo.

At lvl29-38 you can consider duo-ing Absol (especially in cloudy weather) for the extra rewards doing a t4 raid gives (you only need to bring lvl30-ish machamps). I can duo Absol with my wife (lvl 28) with or without weather boost and she has non-optimal mons (2 machamps with close combat, heracross, dragonite x2, poliwrath/raikou etc.)

Thanks for the detail , made me more confident to try the rest of the t3 raids , did a Omastar today , beat it on 4th attempt with a few tweaks each time figuring out which indiviidual pokemon were doing most damage although most had weather boost too , finished it will my 2 best exeggutors , Venasaur , Rhydon and 2 Groudons.

Flying through potions today , wishing i hadnt discarded so many recently for space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No zangoose so far will be out on the hunt again tomorrow morning

Added 3 100% Pokémon in the last 3 days, Ariados, Gloom, and Wailmer.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the detail , made me more confident to try the rest of the t3 raids , did a Omastar today , beat it on 4th attempt with a few tweaks each time figuring out which indiviidual pokemon were doing most damage although most had weather boost too , finished it will my 2 best exeggutors , Venasaur , Rhydon and 2 Groudons.

Flying through potions today , wishing i hadnt discarded so many recently for space!

Ah yes Omastar can be a strange one to do too - since it has the rock/water typing that means you can't use the high dps electric mons and instead need to go to bulky low dps grass mons (though there is that sweet double SE damage - 1.96x multiplier).

Same as cloyster as a t2 - apparently it's the toughest t2 to solo and might be harder for some than some t3s.

I've had some epic battles against vaporeon back when it was still around - grass just do too little damage dps-wise (I've a lvl40 100% venasaur but it pales in comparison to eggy - I keep him due to nostalgia and the fact that he's my mvp from the old gym meta - 1400 battles won with him against various vaporeons :D ) - instead it was pretty much all glass cannon electric mons and trying to time the dodges so the dodge bug doesn't take effect - good times!

The first time I did a Cloyster, it really caught me by surprise how tough it was. Granted at the time I didn't really have any strong fighting types, I have a fairly decent collection of Machamp and Hariyama now, including a 95% Machamp.

Eyre Square is a Machop nest, has made collecting candy easy, picked up 5 Machop in 10 minutes there earlier today.

Did my first Machamp solo raid today and beat it with 12 secs left , was literally on the last sliver of health on my 6th Pokemon.
    Used Lugia ,Espeon ,Alkazam x 2 , Dragonite x2 to beat it , based on counter info gathered on the web , although the prob with that for me is that I dont have my pokemon fully powered up ,i.e. 2500 CP Lugia , so they I dont know if I would be much better using a less effect but higher CP pokemon instead , i.e 3000+ Dragonite ?

Beat a Machamp solo today, but it took two attempts. First time around the game decided to take nearly 30 seconds off so I ran out of time, second time around beat it with 20ish seconds left. Was worth it though, made my best Machamp, 98%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Did my first Machamp solo raid today and beat it with 12 secs left , was literally on the last sliver of health on my 6th Pokemon.
    Used Lugia ,Espeon ,Alkazam x 2 , Dragonite x2 to beat it , based on counter info gathered on the web , although the prob with that for me is that I dont have my pokemon fully powered up ,i.e. 2500 CP Lugia , so they I dont know if I would be much better using a less effect but higher CP pokemon instead , i.e 3000+ Dragonite ?
    Lugia does not have the DPS. It's a tank so it will last in the fight but the clock will beat you.
    Unless it is a 3200+ I would dump it for an Alakazam, espeon or hurricane Dragonite.

Make sure you use your glass cannon in the 1st slot. It takes a long time for the bosses 1st charge move so it's best to use your glass canons in that spot.

Diemos wrote: »
    Lugia does not have the DPS. It's a tank so it will last in the fight but the clock will beat you.
    Unless it is a 3200+ I would dump it for an Alakazam, espeon or hurricane Dragonite.

Make sure you use your glass cannon in the 1st slot. It takes a long time for the bosses 1st charge move so it's best to use your glass canons in that spot.

Though there is a way to turn bulk into dps too - by not dodging - with my Lugia I just take the machamp hits and use it as energy towards my charge move. Something my 100% espeon can't afford to do.

So yeah - it's important to put glass cannons first to avoid the bosses' charge moves but it's also important to know what to do with bulkier mons too.

Apparently a maxed out lugia can solo a machamp - never tried it myself though.

Tried an Alakazam raid twice today and failed , was in red both times but probably needed another 15+ secs to finish.
    Had 4 Tyrans (2x Crunch,2xSE ,all 3000+CP) , scizor and pinsir.
    Is there preferable options ?, it is preferable to take all the hits and maybe use second team if required ?

Tried an Alakazam raid twice today and failed , was in red both times but probably needed another 15+ secs to finish.
    Had 4 Tyrans (2x Crunch,2xSE ,all 3000+CP) , scizor and pinsir.
    Is there preferable options ?, it is preferable to take all the hits and maybe use second team if required ?
    Swap out your bugs for Gengar's with ghost moves. Should do.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Diemos wrote: »

Though there is a way to turn bulk into dps too - by not dodging - with my Lugia I just take the machamp hits and use it as energy towards my charge move. Something my 100% espeon can't afford to do.

So yeah - it's important to put glass cannons first to avoid the bosses' charge moves but it's also important to know what to do with bulkier mons too.

Apparently a maxed out lugia can solo a machamp - never tried it myself though.
    I hear you but even taking hits a sub level 30 Lugia just does not have the dps.
    A 2500cp as mentioned by the op just wont have the throughput.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

is there a list of the available pokemon from gen 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

timaru89 wrote: »
    is there a list of the available pokemon from gen 3?

This is a list of the new 20 that came out over christmas, would have to dig out another list for the original ones.

Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo
    Carvanha, Sharpedo
    Barboach, Wiscash
    Wailmer, Wailord
    Luvdisc
    Feebas, Milotic
    Relicanth -> New Region specific for NZ/Fiji
    Corphish, Crawdaunt
    Spheal, Sealeo, Walwrein
    Snorunt, Glalie

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

syboit wrote: »
    This is a list of the new 20 that came out over christmas, would have to dig out another list for the original ones.

Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo
    Carvanha, Sharpedo
    Barboach, Wiscash
    Wailmer, Wailord
    Luvdisc
    Feebas, Milotic
    Relicanth -> New Region specific for NZ/Fiji
    Corphish, Crawdaunt
    Spheal, Sealeo, Walwrein
    Snorunt, Glalie
    I think the non-Mewtwo total dex is 318?

Managed to grab a random Lotad in town today. Chuffed. 3km per candy, just 360km to go!

Also, have seen a Feebas shadow twice in last 2 days. Both times while stuck on a bus. Both were while near train station in Drumcondra.

Still to even spot a Corphish shadow. Im a member of Boston pogo group on FB, that place is crawling with them.
    Maybe the nest change this week will help us out?

306 caught/ 314 seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Got my first Corphish today so have at least one from each of the families above. But it is only one of corphish, feebas and lotad so a long way to go. Up to 155 wailmer candies with some aggressive gps drifting, three hatches and a handful of catches.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Caught 292/Seen 302. Of that I have 5 legendary Pokemon, the original 3 birds and Lugia, as well as Groudon. I have 1 extra regional as of the moment which is Farfetched. Both regional gen 1 and 2 were complete before gen 3 dropped.

Caught 310, seen 317. Have a Lotad, have enough candy to get a Sharpedo, 15 candy off Milotic, and then need to save candy up to get a Slaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Caught 310, seen 317. Have a Lotad, have enough candy to get a Sharpedo, 15 candy off Milotic, and then need to save candy up to get a Slakoth.

Another lonesome lotad here. Hit 200 wailmer candy today so might change now to lotad. Seen 2 today on nearby map in the lashing rain, just couldnt bring myself to go get them.

Got enough today to finish out ralts line, all the rest steadily getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Up to 316 caught, 319 seen (corsola, heracross and wynaut)
    Need the final evolve of lotad and the two gen 3 babies to hatch and a mewtwo obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

In the game 323...includes Mewtwo...
    Myself seen 317 and have 312.....the ones yet to catch of those seen
    Tauros
    Heracross
    Corsola
    Ludicolo
    Slaking
    Prize possession of Gen 3 is my perfect IV Milotic

Walking Wailmer at mo and at just 53 candies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sector7Gdrone

Caught 319 Seen 321
    seen but not caught wynaut wailord
    Lev 40

• Advertisement

I've seen, but have yet to get: Milotic, Wailord, Slaking, Tauros, Heracross, Corsola, and Sharpedo. Have the candy for Sharpedo, 15 off Milotic, but way off Slaking (need 58 more).

Don't have Wynaut, or the evolved forms of Lotad yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement