Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Caught 298, seen 303, but I have the candies to evolve about seven more. I have a Mewtwo. Moltres is the big shadow in my dex and I'm missing three regionals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Caught 301, seen 309.
    Missing Zapdos, Lugia and Mewtwo from legendarys.
    Kangaskhan, Tauros from Gen 1.
    Unown & Heracross from Gen 2.
    The rest of the missing must be Gen 3 but I have enough candies for 3 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Have Niantic replaced all their Pidgeys with Weedles for the last couple of days?
    Is it just me, or are Weedles more than twice as likely as Pidgeys to break free?
    I usually Pinap any Pidgey less than 300 but I don’t Pinap the Weedles.
    I take back anything bad I might have said about the Pidgeys

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

josip wrote: »
    Have Niantic replaced all their Pidgeys with Weedles for the last couple of days?
    Is it just me, or are Weedles more than twice as likely as Pidgeys to break free?
    I usually Pinap any Pidgey less than 300 but I don’t Pinap the Weedles.
    I take back anything bad I might have said about the Pidgeys

Weedles are a pain in the hole :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Defntely a lot more weedles in my area too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Did first Cloyster raid today , reasonably comfortable done with 30 secs remaining , was only 2 star but had read it could be reasonably difficult , but no prob for me anyway.

313/319 in the Dex ,
    For Gen 3 available here , only missing the 2 lotad evolutions and Breelom.
    Unown is the only Gen1/2 im missing that is/was available in RoI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ITS RAINING.... c'mon lotads

Anyone in Cork, plenty of mudkips in fitzgerald park. Expect to see swampert's all over the city.

Also caught a wild gyarados for the first time in town today. (finally windy weather gave something different)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7pxiva/introducing_pokémon_go_community_day/

Pokemon Go Kells group are going to organise ourselves for this day at Lloyd's Tower beginning at 10am till 1pm on Saturday 20th of January.. .. All welcome

Jfrost wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7pxiva/introducing_pokémon_go_community_day/

Pokemon Go Kells group are going to organise ourselves for this day at Lloyd's Tower beginning at 10am till 1pm on Saturday 20th of January.. .. All welcome

Nice to see a monthly event, even if it is only for 3 hours. The chance to get a 3 hour window of double xp every month is good.

Kyogre is coming aswell.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendary-kyogre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

We are now officially a 2 Machamp family :D
    Since I was last on here, Josip Jr L.30 evolved an Alakazam which replaced a Xatu in his Machamp raid team.
    Then this evening we saw a Machamp boss that only had Bullet Punch. The weather was windy and we brought L.20 mammy along to provide covering fire.
    Beat it first time with 9 on the clock.
    Although mammy lost 19 mons she was doing effective damage for the first half.
    I don't think we'd have made it without all of the new Alakazam, weather, weaker Fast Move, 2nd trainer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Managed to do a Tyranitar raid in Longford with 3 people in the lobby. It was close, I was the highest level and had a team of Machamp, beat it with less than 10 seconds on the clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone in Dun Laoghaire argos has 3 pokemon go plus for €31.99 each none in any other Dublin stores unfortunately.

http://checkargos.com/product/7454343

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pretty happy. Went in to town, only raid on was a Scyther so I decided to solo it. Beat it, got 6 rare candy, and a 98% weather boosted Scyther.

Kyogre beat 8 of us, the fecker. No revives left now. It had blizzard

Kyogre beat 8 of us, the fecker. No revives left now. It had blizzard

What sort of levels were the players? I've heard blizzard hits hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Need to get a big crowd together in dublin for it so I'm determined to get at least one legendary hope the big blue is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So I've been on and off since Gen 3 dropped, looking at the Dex I have 58 out of the 76 currently available. The 18 o/s are below - I've noted beside them if they are NOT your standard walk/catch/hatch mon from what I can see - if something is wrong could someone give a shout, cheers.

Sceptile
    Blaziken
    Lombre
    Ludicolo
    Shiftry
    Gardevoir
    Breloom
    Slaking
    Mawile - Raids only?
    Plusle - Regional not in Ireland
    Sharpedo
    Wailord
    Crawdaunt
    Milotic
    Absol - Raid only
    Wynaut - 5km egg only
    Relicanth - Regional not in Ireland?
    Groudo - Raid only

Caught 3 Lotad today, very happy with that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Angron wrote: »
    Caught 3 Lotad today, very happy with that.

Must be the weather, hadn't seen 1 up to today, but got 4 in the space of an hour.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    So I've been on and off since Gen 3 dropped, looking at the Dex I have 58 out of the 76 currently available. The 18 o/s are below - I've noted beside them if they are NOT your standard walk/catch/hatch mon from what I can see - if something is wrong could someone give a shout, cheers.

Sceptile
    Blaziken
    Lombre
    Ludicolo
    Shiftry
    Gardevoir
    Breloom
    Slaking
    Mawile - Raids only?
    Plusle - Regional not in Ireland
    Sharpedo
    Wailord
    Crawdaunt
    Milotic
    Absol - Raid only
    Wynaut - 5km egg only
    Relicanth - Regional not in Ireland?
    Groudo - Raid only

Yup, Mawile & Absol are raid only (lvl 2 & 4). Relicanth only in NZ/Fiji, other regionals were seviper/zangoose and they've swapped, plusle is also regional.

• Advertisement

What sort of levels were the players? I've heard blizzard hits hard.

Two at 29 were the lowest, two at 37 the highest, me at 35. We might have made it the second time except three got kicked out. I've spent this evening preparing further and now have much fewer TMs, rare candy and stardust! Should have more players about tomorrow so fingers crossed a Kyogre hatches.

I desperately need a few more charge TMs. I'm headed up to Galway next weekend, so hopefully I'll pick up a couple of Kyogre then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Rathfarnham Castle is massive Wailmer nest, went from 78 to 228 candies today before the phone battery gave up.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/communityday

Hours for it are absurd, 10am to 1pm? At least it's a Saturday I guess.

Ohh Kyorge, I feel my lugia record in in trouble. Two raids none caught, 10 balls each time, and reckon I've only hit him 6 times so far.

Yeah, I've seen people on Discord say Kyogre is a tough one to hit.

Caught Kyorge today at third attempt , bit of a pain to hit alright, but maybe we are just basing that on Groudon would was the calmest legendary to date

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/communityday

Hours for it are absurd, 10am to 1pm? At least it's a Saturday I guess.

Looks like they have lumped us in with simultaneous event with Europe , Africa and India so hence the early time here.

Rooy wrote: »
    Looks like they have lumped us in with simultaneous event with Europe , Africa and India so hence the early time here.
    Yeah, it's just a pain. I'm gonna be working on Saturday, so I might not get a special Pikachu :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Rathfarnham Castle is massive Wailmer nest, went from 78 to 228 candies today before the phone battery gave up.
    Oh I’ll be popping out there this week for definite.

Corphish can found in Greenhills park. I only have 2 of those so far.

I have quite a bit of walking to do if I don’t find enough candy to evolve these missing Pokémon;
    Grovyle,Sceptile, Slaking, Wailord, Crawdaunt, Ludicolo.
    Need to acquire Feebas, Absol, Wynaut and Kyogre.

Looking at the Jan 20th three hour ‘event’, I think I might get to a park for maybe an hour of that.
    Is it only in parks or all over?

309/318

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement