Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Tenger wrote: »

Looking at the Jan 20th three hour ‘event’, I think I might get to a park for maybe an hour of that. Is it only in parks or all over?

309/318

I'm assuming its going to be all over, hopefully double xp aswell, could do an evolve.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I'm hoping it will be all over. I might have a chance of getting something if I get an hour off, and I have enough for 2 lucky egg runs to take advantage of the double XP it's promising.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm hoping it will be all over. I might have a chance of getting something if I get an hour off, and I have enough for 2 lucky egg runs to take advantage of the double XP it's promising.
    Hadn’t even thought of that, (filthy casual!) I evolved approx 90 last week. If I have a good few days this week hopefully I can do an evolve next Sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Finally got a good (90+) Groupon before he leaves tomorrow.

Also - 6 of us were able to take down a Kyogre too (waterfall/hydropump) and while a few were high enough levels I saw one guy using a kingler/groudon/jynx etc. We took him down with around 30 seconds to spare and I think everyone got 3 damage balls so 6 might be a good number to use if the group is of a high enough level and the Kyogre is a WF/HP variety. I went through 11 mons in the battle - no dodging was used to maximise dps but surpisingly a few of my mons were able to take a full hydropump to the face and survive (MVP 100% venasaur with 1400 battles won...) I caught 2/2 Kyogre but they were both low-ish IVs.

Chuffed at the 91% Groupon though - only had a 82% before today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Vileplume 1600cp ran off on me in Glasnevin cemetery am hoping to track it down again in the morning. Have never seen one in the wild only through evolution.

• Advertisement

Surfing pikachu and 3 hour lures in that window on Saturday plus the double xp is a great incentive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Is Pikachu with surf in any way useful ?
    Depending on how frequent they are might get close to get final Pikachu badge.
    Most interested in the double xp . hope to be catching ,raiding and evolving on lucky eggs for the 3 hours , could do a half million xp potentially.

Just a gimmick one for anyone that played Pokemon Yellow or to coincide with it being a reward for topping the surfing board in Ultra Sun and Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is anyone here involved in any kind of Dublin CC raid channel or forum? I'd be interested in joining. I have a few hours to kill in the city today, before catching a train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Has anyone else been knee deep in Abras for the last few days?

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    Has anyone else been knee deep in Abras for the last few days?

Same here in Cork , would have thought boosted by Cloud/Psychic , but it was showing rain for most of yesterday evening and still loads , seems to be some pattern where certain types are getting boosted for a couple of days at a time , have seen the same with machop a few weeks back.

Rooy wrote: »
    Same here in Cork , would have thought boosted by Cloud/Psychic , but it was showing rain for most of yesterday evening and still loads , seems to be some pattern where certain types are getting boosted for a couple of days at a time , have seen the same with machop a few weeks back.

Oh yeah, machops everywhere. It seems gen 1 Mons get priority in weather boosting.

Seen a fair few abras on nearby has zangoose been spotted in dublin area still haven't seen any.

Seen a fair few abras on nearby has zangoose been spotted in dublin area still haven't seen any.

Caught a few a week or so ago in SE Dublin and then didn't see any again until yesterday.

Good run in the city earlier, never so glad to see the rain :) 4 lotad's and a lombre. Almost there for the ludicolo.

Slakoth evolves is my next main target, haven't seen too many of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

kyogre is proving difficult to hit and catch! 0/2 so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

syboit wrote: »
    Good run in the city earlier, never so glad to see the rain :) 4 lotad's and a lombre. Almost there for the ludicolo.

I'm on about 66 candies but haven't seen any in three weeks.

kyogre is proving difficult to hit and catch! 0/2 so far

Yup!

Yeah, been weeks since I saw one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Kyogre is the worst legendary for me since raiding began, finding him next to impossible to hit with any consistency and I am burning through revives to the point where I may not be able to raid in a few days time.

Pidgey hunting continues regardless of weather

85YhzR4.png

• Advertisement

The rain does seem to trigger some bursts of spawns , have seen a couple of reports in past few weeks in Cork where they are freely available for a while , encountered one 2 mins into lunchtime walk and thought i might be in for a good hour , but saw no more !

mayordenis wrote: »
    Kyogre is the worst legendary for me since raiding began, finding him next to impossible to hit with any consistency and I am burning through revives to the point where I may not be able to raid in a few days time.

Caught him on third raid luckily which took the pressure off but first raid i did with 9 only 1 caught and heard another raid of 12 where only 1 or 2 caught.
    There is plenty of time to catch still but can be frustrating if only 50% of balls are getting even landing

Rooy wrote: »
    The rain does seem to trigger some bursts of spawns , have seen a couple of reports in past few weeks in Cork where they are freely available for a while , encountered one 2 mins into lunchtime walk and thought i might be in for a good hour , but saw no more !

Yeah it can vary, I would walk from One Albert quay down to sullivans quay turn at the bridge and go back on the opposite side. Usually loads of spheal/mudkips in the rain and then one other water mon, today lotad other days corphish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,344 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think we need "normal" weather for Slakoth and we don't get much of that this time of year.
    mayordenis wrote: »

Same - 5 raid and none caught :mad:

Time for a chart :)

We won't get an abundance of snow days for ice/steel boosts.

Time for a chart :)

We won't get an abundance of snow days for ice/steel boosts.
    snowing on/off all day in Dublin. Been seeing a lot more magnamite around.

Weather feature atm is windy in dublin 11 snow features are needed just for an influx of steel pokemon

Some week so far for weather boosts. Lapras, dragonite and gyarados caught.

Some week so far for weather boosts. Lapras, dragonite and gyarados caught.

That is a great result.

Caught a wild Kirlia today during windy weather.

• Advertisement

New update, with some needed bug fixes including the bouncing to the top

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7r7oic/the_silph_roads_apk_teardown_of_v0891_is_complete/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement