Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

mcgovern wrote:
    The new ones seem quite rare, just Whismur and Baltoy for me, with nothing else even on nearby.

Rooy wrote:
    I was out walking till 930 last night and didnt see a single shadow after 9 PM

Caught 3 new last night. Whismur, Baltoy, and Aron (one was 0% :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

PetKing wrote: »
    Caught 3 new last night. Whismur, Baltoy, and Aron (one was 0% :p )

Yup, those 3 seem to be the most common ones at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

I caught an Anorith. rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Heffoman

Plenty of Wilburs in the city centre. Have evolved him already and only caught my first about 7 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 MatthewCurtis

long ceased to play this potmou game that it stopped developing, but now I think to return after the innovations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

long ceased to play this potmou game that it stopped developing, but now I think to return after the innovations

you've missed 5 legendary birds, 3 legendary beasts and the 1 first part of the weather trio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Lunchtime walk was productive ,catching all the new common ones - Whismur , NosePass , Aron ,Baltoy and Anorith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nosepass and aron ran off on me was getting 250xp for spinning pokestops all afternoon too instead of usual 50 but only 25 for other team gyms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Been up in Galway the last few days, been pretty good to me. Got 4 shiny Pikachu in the event, managed to two person a Tyranitar raid, got enough candy to get my first Wailord, and to top it all off, I got my second 100% legendary, a Kyogre :D

Wasted 30 mins this morning trying to solo Alakazam , was probably 10-15 secs away from finishing each time but any tweaks couldnt get me there ,not sure was his fast move was though , confusion is supposedly a lot tougher that PC , found that my Gengars were getting blown away too quickly because difficult to avoid FS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Rooy wrote: »
    Wasted 30 mins this morning trying to solo Alakazam , was probably 10-15 secs away from finishing each time but any tweaks couldnt get me there ,not sure was his fast move was though , confusion is supposedly a lot tougher that PC , found that my Gengars were getting blown away too quickly because difficult to avoid FS.

What was the weather when you tried it?

josip wrote: »
    What was the weather when you tried it?

Windy , something i need to look into also to see what the ideal weather is so my team has some boosts , wont be wasting my time on one again until I have the best possible chance against weakest moveset and have weather boosts!
    If I can beat Al once I will tick the box and move on !

Rooy wrote: »
    Windy , something i need to look into also to see what the ideal weather is so my team has some boosts , wont be wasting my time on one again until I have the best possible chance against weakest moveset and have weather boosts!
    If I can beat Al once I will tick the box and move on !

Would windy have given Alakazam a 20% weather boost?
    Which would be worth at least 20 seconds to you?

josip wrote: »
    Would windy have given Alakazam a 20% weather boost?
    Which would be worth at least 20 seconds to you?

Recalling now Im wondering did the weather change/start as Rain as it was saying Scizor was boosted , so i could have been in more trouble with Windy !
    I need to printscreen that chart to aid me in future.
    Going to wait till Cloudy next time and hopefully get a bit more damage from my 2 leading Gengars.
    Took down a Machamp at lunchtime with 20 secs later so happy enough with that as feel I should be always able for him. Did a handy Polygon too with 60 secs left/

You know what you can do with that Polygon Rooy :)
    Still 0/2 on those.

Clear weather last night, good few numel & cacnea around, (along with swams of baltoys)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

spent the last 20 minutes looking for a half moon shaped mon, not sure what it was, kinda yellow in colour but sadly wasnt on my screen long enough to even try catch it before it despawned! :mad:

CraigM84 wrote: »
    spent the last 20 minutes looking for a half moon shaped mon, not sure what it was, kinda yellow in colour but sadly wasnt on my screen long enough to even try catch it before it despawned! :mad:

Lunatone , currently region specific with its opposite solrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

CraigM84 wrote: »

Saw a shadow of this earlier. Looks like a sideways Diglett :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

A Lunatone - caught one the other day

Just hit 400 Walimer candies, that was s slog.

Think I’ll just get the cumpolsory 20km for Feebas out of the way now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

TheDoctor wrote: »
    A Lunatone - caught one the other day
    Just hit 400 Walimer candies, that was s slog.
    Think I’ll just get the cumpolsory 20km for Feebas out of the way now

I’m up to 305 candies myself. It’s quite an arduous task. Got 4 Wailmers over 90%! Luckily I caught a random Lileep while at a Wailmer nest the other day. Another visit and I’ll should have enough for Wailord.
    It’s odd looking at my collection of Gyrados, I remember the grinding to get 400 candy for my 1st one.

Only caught 3 Feebas so far, all 3 sub 60% IV with low CP. I think I’ll be evolving a random one when I eventually get 100 Feebas candy. Just for the Pokedex entry really.
    I assume as with Espeon/Umbreon evolves that the selected Feebas must still be your buddy when you evolve?

Still not even a shadow of Cacnea or Trapinch.

323 caught/332 seen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tenger wrote: »
    I’m up to 305 candies myself. It’s quite an arduous task. Got 4 Wailmers over 90%! Luckily I caught a random Lileep while at a Wailmer nest the other day. Another visit and I’ll should have enough for Wailord.
    It’s odd looking at my collection of Gyrados, I remember the grinding to get 400 candy for my 1st one.

Only caught 3 Feebas so far, all 3 sub 60% IV with low CP. I think I’ll be evolving a random one when I eventually get 100 Feebas candy. Just for the Pokedex entry really.
    I assume as with Espeon/Umbreon evolves that the selected Feebas must still be your buddy when you evolve?

323 caught/332 seen
    Nope, I walked a Feebas for the candy, then when I got enough I switched buddies and the Feebas was still eligible to evolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Tenger wrote: »

Hatched a Trapinch today - think it was a 10k egg

Angron wrote: »
    Nope, I walked a Feebas for the candy, then when I got enough I switched buddies and the Feebas was still eligible to evolve.

I think the one you walk is the one that must be then evolved, so if you walk a poor one and then get a 100% IV one, you'll have to walk that to evolve. How many km's to candy are they ?
    TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hatched a Trapinch today - think it was a 10k egg

Thats a nice hatch, got a slakoth and 2 treeko's myself today. Guaranteed gen 3 is nice, on the flip side got a couple of duskull's aswell though!

Have to say too, that Cork is full of wailmer's along the quay's, its just a pity that the wailord is not really a strong mon, I've one at 1900, and I think the top cp is around 2200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Here's a showerthought of mine - Pokemon...Run? Catching raid bosses by running after them

Last week I reached level 40 - that was fine, but what really made me happy was reaching 4000 kilometres walked today.

Which got me thinking - I liked the premise of the game previously as it was, to me, a walking motivator.

Now I've put 4000 kilometres on the clock I am wondering if the game could become some sort of running motivator?

Here's my idea:

1. In a safe space (designated parks without traffic etc.) have some sort of "raid boss"esque system.

2. The critieria for being eligible to try and catch the "raid boss" is to do a certain number of kilometres within a set area and set time i.e. run 5 kilometres within phoenix park within 1 hour for 10 premier balls to catch snorlax/ttar...if you run the 5k in 40 minutes you get 12 balls, in 30 for 14 etc.

3. This system is open to be tweaked of course for different bosses (running length, duration, location). But it seems to me to be a good evolution on the walking part of the game.

4. If niantic said if you can run a 3-4 hour(ish!) marathon for a chance at catching mewtwo with 14 balls I think we'll find a) lots of cheaters/spoofers but that can't be helped and b) lots of people genuinely motivated to attempt the challenge of improving their fitness in a fun manner.

5. And this can still be social - if a group of people get together to chase after Mewtwo there'll be group encouragement to push past the lactic acid buildup and run that last 5km etc.

Personal goal for me is to log 10,000 kilometres walked/run - if I can catch a few mons along with way that would be fantastic.

What do others think? I've asked the reddit crowd the same thing :D

syboit wrote: »
    I think the one you walk is the one that must be then evolved, so if you walk a poor one and then get a 100% IV one, you'll have to walk that to evolve. How many km's to candy are they ?

Thats a nice hatch, got a slakoth and 2 treeko's myself today. Guaranteed gen 3 is nice, on the flip side got a couple of duskull's aswell though!

Have to say too, that Cork is full of wailmer's along the quay's, its just a pity that the wailord is not really a strong mon, I've one at 1900, and I think the top cp is around 2200

Feebas is 1 candy per 5km walked, so it took a while for me to get the 100 needed. I was lucky that I hatched one, 93%.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

My Feebas hatch was 100%.
    My 3rd one, so walked, added 30+ Rare Candy and evolved..... Used more Rare Candy on it since..... But since I got my 100% Kyogre it is now taking my attention.
    But this is my Milotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

After starting to save up stardust a good long while ago (maybe around November, and starting at practically 0 :P ) I've finally reached a MILLION !! :D Now the tougher part, what/who to spend it on?? But at the same time i dont really want to spend it now :confused:

I had a fair bit of stardust saved up, then I burned through a massive chunk of it powering up my 100% Kyogre.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Angron wrote: »
    I had a fair bit of stardust saved up, then I burned through a massive chunk of it powering up my 100% Kyogre.
    I would be happy with 1.
    Am 0 for 5 raids. (Not getting into enough raids is my problem)
    Was in Dublin city center for 2 hours, had to leave before 4pm. And of course 3 silver eggs appeared at or after 3pm!
    I failed to catch at a 3,45 raid then had to sadly get a bus as the group moved to get the next 2 raids!

Best bet for stardust use might be raid attackers. Psychic mons to take down Machamp, and then good Machamps for killing Blissey’s?

324/335

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement