Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

AMGer wrote: »
    Thanks - is there a lot of activity at that one so? Our local group in Waterford bust its ass this week trying to trigger an Ex Raid at eligible gyms but we got nothing!

I think the Arche has had about 3-4 already, and another for next week. Its the only gym in the level12 S2 cell in the city thats eligible so any raids are tagged on fb and local groups and are usually hit (especially lvl4's and 5's).

Outside the city cell there hasn't been any others. Got myself a raid pass for next week so looking foward to seeing mewtwo. This means by stock of kyorge dust will probably go on gengars and scizor's now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I think I’ll take a spin down to Cork so, first weekend of the next level 5 raid boss probably makes the most sense - it’s pain in the backside to have to travel so far but probably my only chance at a Mewtwo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Raiding the Arche in Cork is no guarantee of getting an Ex Raid pass though.
    Had done a 1+2 star there the Community day weekend and a Kyorge yesterday at 230 and I didnt get one.
    Some people had done a single 1/2 star one and did get one and a lot of people who did Kyorge yesterday did ,so quite frustrating not to get one.
    But its the only Ex Raid gym to date in Cork so a lot of people are doing any raids that pop up now , including me for any lunchtime ones.

Rooy wrote: »
    Raiding the Arche in Cork is no guarantee of getting an Ex Raid pass though.

I know that but at least it’s better than no chance :)

The one Ex raid Waterford did get before Xmas I did a level 5 the day the passes went out and I didn’t get one. That one Ex raid looks to be a complete fluke.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Spotted a Lunatone on the nearby, still a shadow! Grabbed the young fellas phone ( had mine already ) and out the door I GO ! :D was just around the corner, bit wet now but its another off the list and will be a nice surprise for himself in the morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wasn't personal just wanted to catch it and I may be the only one on here not bothered with ivs, ocd and perfection be a daunting combination ;)

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Spotted a Lunatone on the nearby, still a shadow! Grabbed the young fellas phone ( had mine already ) and out the door I GO ! :D was just around the corner, bit wet now but its another off the list and will be a nice surprise for himself in the morning :)

Thats the one thats proving elusive for me to date , which makes it more satisfying to catch.
    Hatched a Trapinch yesterday from 10k egg so happy with that as seems fairly rare , going to be walkign that for a while with the 2 evolutions and 5k a candy.
    Got a load of Cacnea in Cork on monday with sunny weather so enough to evolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

My last 6 10ks have been Feebas, Trapinch, Feebas, Feebas, Feebas, Trapinch.

Enough to evolve Feebas and 46 Trapinch candies.

DublinCJM wrote: »
    My last 6 10ks have been Feebas, Trapinch, Feebas, Feebas, Feebas, Trapinch.

Enough to evolve Feebas and 46 Trapinch candies.

Thats some great hatching, got myself my first trapinch this morning in town, risked a pinap to get the 6 candies, now my walking buddy.

Also got shroomish in egg to get me the needed candies for evolve, and for a brief hour of partly cloudy got enough annorith. Just to top it off, 2400 cp dragonite in windy weather. Thats the 3rd I've seen since weather came into the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've yet to get a Trapinch, Cacnea, Lunatone, or Solrock. Did catch an Anorith in the wild though, so that was nice.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    I've yet to get a Trapinch, Cacnea, Lunatone, or Solrock. Did catch an Anorith in the wild though, so that was nice.

Lileep is the last one I need to see now. Haven't seen any spoofers put the regionals relicanth or solrock in a gym yet.

They were quick enough to change around zangoose/seviper, wonder if they will do the same for lunatone/solrock & minun/plusle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh yeah, I haven't seen a hint of Lileep or Cradily yet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Oh yeah, I haven't seen a hint of Lileep or Cradily yet either.

One of our group got a Lileep and put it in a gym.

re 10k eggs, I got five in this event but I'm holding on to them in case there's double candy around Valentine's day.

I'm missing loads still, but I've obviously been lucky to catch Lileep last week if it's rare enough.

I’m doing alright, regionals aside (Torkoal, Plusle, Relicanth & Solrock) I only need Cradily, Flygon and Cacturne to get all the gen 3s in this part of the world. I do have Relicanth and Plusle seen thanks to some local spoofers.

Really want a shiny Aron though :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

syboit wrote: »
    Lileep is the last one I need to see now. Haven't seen any spoofers put the regionals relicanth or solrock in a gym yet.

They were quick enough to change around zangoose/seviper, wonder if they will do the same for lunatone/solrock & minun/plusle.
    I’m lucky enough to stumble across a Lileep last week. Made sure to pop it into a gym.
    Saw a couple of Relicanths over the last few weeks in gyms.

Was in Dublin city center last Saturday with my little one (using her account) and she saw a Torkoal in a gym. Only realized as I went thru her Pokédex that evening. So I’m now missing that on my own account!

So far I have only caught 2 cactnea, not a sign of Trapinch either (no 10km eggs recently)
    More importantly I still need to get Absol and Krogre!
    On the plus side will be in the US at the end of Feb so gonna keep an eye out for Solrock. Must start putting some Plusele’s in gyms.

On a cheeky note: There is a youtube video by KasperLanng, shows him using 6x Mr.Mime to solo Machamp during windy weather. I think that has to be attempted at some point. I don’t have a proper line up of Alakazam/Espeons yet myself.

324 caught/ 336 seen

Good day for the Dex today,
    Saw a Lunatone on nearby when i got to work earlier and flew out and got him.
    Evolved Camerupt from Numel , and Cacturne from Cacnea and now have enough to evolve Armaldo now.
    So only remaining Gen 3 available here I need are Cradily but have Lileep to start , and Flygon , I have evolved to Vibrava , but another 90 candies required and 5km per candy so that could take a while , tempted to dip into rare candy stash.

Rooy wrote: »
    Good day for the Dex today,
    Saw a Lunatone on nearby when i got to work earlier and flew out and got him.
    Evolved Camerupt from Numel , and Cacturne from Cacnea and now have enough to evolve Armaldo now.
    So only remaining Gen 3 available here I need are Cradily but have Lileep to start , and Flygon , I have evolved to Vibrava , but another 90 candies required and 5km per candy so that could take a while , tempted to dip into rare candy stash.

Only ones I have from the ones you list are Lunatone and Lileep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Soloed our first Machamp C/CC with 4 Alakazams, an Espeon and a Gardevoir we evolved yesterday.
    But it was wind assisted so I'm not really counting it.

Alakazams did ok, but it was Gardevoir that did the heavy lifting getting it into the red with 74s still on the clock.
    Espeon didn't hang on as well as the last Machamp battle and shuffled off at 49s.
    The game then suggested Mr. Mimes and I didn't have time to swap in Draggy or Eggy.
    The clip of the 6 Mr. Mimes knocking him off 2 days ago gave me hope and they managed to finish him off with single digits on the clock.

I have little faith in my ability to dodge, so the plan for soloing Machamp without weather boost is to tank up the Alakazams until they can withstand 2 CMs. Is that possible and what kind of HP/Lvl should I be looking at?

Or would I be better to put in a Dragonite at No. 6 instead of Espeon?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Rather than blindly pumping up the Alakazam’s, look up ‘breakpoints’.
    Haven’t done it myself but these are CP/level points for each Pokémon to allow you to power them up to the best offensive stats.

Can I assume there were two of ye?

• Advertisement

Been sorting through Pokemon, trying to figure out what high IVs I've got. Not doing too bad, though a few of those came from trips to Galway, so a scanner helped.

Tenger wrote: »
    Rather than blindly pumping up the Alakazam’s, look up ‘breakpoints’.
    Haven’t done it myself but these are CP/level points for each Pokémon to allow you to power them up to the best offensive stats.

I've seen those before and got lost in some of the maths being posted.
    Must try harder now.

It looks like that with Confusion IV 15/14 the final breakpoint is at Lvl 38.5/39.

Confusion Level 38.5, IV=15 29->30 (+3.45%)

All 4 of ours are Confusion Lvl 25-32, 2 with FB, 2 with FS
    Gonna need me some more Candy.
    Tenger wrote: »
    Can I assume there were two of ye?

Not this time around, 100% 'Han' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

josip wrote: »
    Must try harder now.

It looks like that with Confusion IV 15/14 the final breakpoint is at Lvl 38.5/39.

Breakpoints are also dependent on the Pokemon you are fighting against, so there is not one level you can go to for guaranteed extra damage against everyone.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Breakpoints are also dependent on the Pokemon you are fighting against, so there is not one level you can go to for guaranteed extra damage against everyone.

Sorry, should have clarified that those were for fighting Machamp and lifted from TSR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/6r4tee/info_various_raid_counters_damage_breakpoints/

Soloing Machamp is the only reason we're been so heavily invested in Alakazam.
    Jr. rides shotgun in the car, shouting "Abra!"

When we get bored of Machamp we'll see if there are other uses for Alakazam.
    But that won't happen until we solo a ?/DP in Cloudy weather :)

Must try harder now.

mcgovern wrote: »

My main goal is always try to get the good attackers to at least level30, 5,000 stardust & 5 candies. When I get a surplus I would then go back and try to power them up a bit more.

There are usually 2 or 3 of us together doing the raids, so don't need to worry about solo attempts. I would be attempted to try a family v aggron, but I reckon we might fall short.

I dunno if it's because Espeon used to be the last pokemon on my team vs Machamp, but it always felt more glassy than Alakazam to me.

If you're fighting a counter/fighting move Machamp, Gardevoir is a great one to use. Both of its types resist fighting attacks, so it can last pretty well in a fight. If it has the steel moves though, it doesn't stand a chance, it's just too fragile to take many super effective hits.

syboit wrote: »
    My main goal is always try to get the good attackers to at least level30, 5,000 stardust & 5 candies. When I get a surplus I would then go back and try to power them up a bit more.

There are usually 2 or 3 of us together doing the raids, so don't need to worry about solo attempts. I would be attempted to try a family v aggron, but I reckon we might fall short.
    I'd like to try and two person an Aggron. I've done it against Tyranitar, so I feel like it's possible to do with a team of good fighting types.

I'd like to try and two person an Aggron. I've done it against Tyranitar, so I feel like it's possible to do with a team of good fighting types.

The numbers don't stack up on Pokebattler for duo-ing Aggron.
    With Lvl 40, cloudy, both Machamp and Hariyama take around 380s to solo.
    Tyranitar by comparison only takes 250s-270s.

Hmm, that's a shame. Only done one Aggron raid, so I don't have much experience with seeing how much damage it takes.

• Advertisement

The numbers don't stack up on Pokebattler for duo-ing Aggron.
    With Lvl 40, cloudy, both Machamp and Hariyama take around 380s to solo.
    Tyranitar by comparison only takes 250s-270s.

There was a duo that did aggron with only machamps, 0 second left on the timer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_mKALX8LNk

none of my machamps would be this good though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement