Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

syboit wrote: »
    New shadows. quick trip to my local spawn point, taillow, castform & beldum to the dex.

still seeing a lot of spheal, nosepass and electrike. Mr Mime's still around too, seems the regionals are not included, good move by niantic.

Great in theory, but I'm finding my spawn at home has Mr Mime every second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got a plusle at 8 am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Rayquaza is very easy to take down
    3 mid 30s could do it
    it is pretty strong attack wise
    but a real glass canon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Got a minun at 8 am this morning.

plusle ?

minun and plusle are both spawning together for the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Caught a few new ones so far, Castfrom, Beldum, Plusle, Surskit, Swablu. Hoping we get a few Rayquaza raids in Galway today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Shadows, shadows everywhere.

Worst thing now is playing when you’re trying to get somewhere and you keep having to take detours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Have they shaken up the Raid bosses? I'm seeing Jynx.
    I hope Machamp hasn't gotten his P45, we need a couple more weather boosted C/DPs for our team.

[Update] Phew Machamp still there, but a big clearout of previous raid bosses.
    https://www.pokebattler.com/raids
    Is this just for the duration of the event?

Just got the rainy version of castform, doesn't show as a seperate pokedex version but under castform you'll see the 4 versions listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A good day out and about today, getting 5 Bagons and up to about 150 Swablu candies. But a typical first day for new legendary raids about here i.e. there weren't any

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my first Rayquaza, 96% :D

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »

going my usual way, small fella gets a 91% weather boosted (with all dragon moves) and mine runs away.

Though couple of hours in town and already finished wingull, taillow, sunkist and over 300 swablu candies (gave up pinapping those flying rats!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Managed 1 raid this morning in Cork , had exactly 20 so he didnt last too long ! , but failed to catch him , seems easy to hit , got him each time of 9 mostly great curve but didnt catch him , overall catch rate at the raid didnt seem that high.

Just had a meltdown when I got to my ex raid slot damn clique groups had taken over so I lost it got into a smallish group but the rest were in private groups with the valour one having jumped straight in at 13:00 usually bs very disappointed to find it happening at this though. Well screw you guys I got my Mewtwo

Just had a meltdown when I got to my ex raid slot damn clique groups had taken over so I lost it got into a smallish group but the rest were in private groups with the valour one having jumped straight in at 13:00 usually bs very disappointed to find it happening at this though. Well screw you guys I got my Mewtwo

Crikey, private clique groups!! Thats the kind of mad stuff you read about on reddit. 99% of raids I've done in Cork/Dublin people are very accommodating and often pop out for later comer.

Just did a mewtwo myself earlier, 11 of us there, they went private but just to torment a few spoofers!! Ended up with a 87% weather boosted one.

I got the 1% so I'd say a lot caught Mewtwo today it's my first successful legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Great day, first Ex-raid pass, First Mewtwo and Shiny number 8...wasn't a perfect day as I didn't catch Rayquazado, but he's around for the month so no worries there (yer)
    Our group in Kells kept the gym Neutral and raided in separate groups one at a time in case someone got thrown out, with the largest group going last.
    Average 10/11 balls per Raider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

First Mewtwo in the bag here aswell - felt really sorry for the few people that didn’t catch him, hopefully Niantic can see to rolling out more Ex raids. Only three Ex raids in the whole of county Waterford since August (two of those today) which sucks big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

AMGer wrote: »
    First Mewtwo in the bag here aswell - felt really sorry for the few people that didn’t catch him, hopefully Niantic can see to rolling out more Ex raids. Only three Ex raids in the whole of county Waterford since August (two of those today) which sucks big time!
    Ours was the first in Meath..... Ever.
    Well done on your catch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well done folks!

I watched as our group did two private groups and fended off the spoofers. I have a M2 already so learned to cope!

Also 0/2 on Rayquaza and have a bad feeling about this. My wife got a PoGo capable phone last week and is up to level 16. She's already successfully straight-balled a Kyogre and a Rayquaza!

Folks, could you kindly not use phrases like "autistic meltdown". It's not acceptable.

• Advertisement

Anyway, got my Mewtwo earlier today, so a good day. Also got enough candy to get my first Metagross, caught a 93% Bagon, a 98% Torchic, and a Shelgon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

2810 CP Mewtwo ran on me yesterday, despite mostly great & excellent throws. Everyone else who managed to get into the lobby caught him, so all the kids (and big kids :D) were happy. It was the first Ex raid for everyone there and we had a great time, people brought home made cupcakes and sausage rolls, spare batteries/phones etc. Now that we know the gym is eligible we have plans to try trigger one in a nearby park also.
    I did manage to catch two weather boosted Kyogre on Saturday and while my first Rayquaza ran on Saturday, I caught one on Sunday so weekend wasn't completely ruined by Mewtwo.

Folks, could you kindly not use phrases like "autistic meltdown". It's not acceptable.

I am autistic so very much an appropriate use to describe my reaction to the situation won't post it here again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Attempted an ill advised solo Jynx raid today and failed miserably , only got into the red with <10 seconds left , doubt i will be wasting another pass on that for a while.
    It had confusion/draining kiss , the DK was boosted due to cloudy weather after analyzing my failure afterwards ,but maybe that moveset was on the difficult side anyway ,no dodging available really , and it blew away my Entei\2 Moltres without barely getting a charge move from each.
    Compounded the failure by going a second time , and thinking i had read that once you start timer you were 'in' and could walk away and continue , that misread was confirmed when I was 2 mins up the road and got the move closer problem.
    Did catch a wild Peilpepper though on walk.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Jfrost wrote: »
    Our group in Kells kept the gym Neutral and raided in separate groups one at a time in case someone got thrown out, with the largest group going last.
    Average 10/11 balls per Raider.

That’s a pretty well mannered approach. Somebody already posted in The SSG Feb 18th group that Valour plan to take it the night before and berry camp it.
    Lesson here is double check which group you are posting in before hitting that blue arrow!!!

Rooy wrote: »
    Compounded the failure by going a second time , and thinking i had read that once you start timer you were 'in' and could walk away and continue , that misread was confirmed when I was 2 mins up the road and got the move closer problem.
    Did catch a wild Peilpepper though on walk.

I think once the battle starts you can move ?
    Tenger wrote: »
    That’s a pretty well mannered approach. Somebody already posted in The SSG Feb 18th group that Valour plan to take it the night before and berry camp it.
    Lesson here is double check which group you are posting in before hitting that blue arrow!!!

Very hard to knock out a gym when you've a team golden razzing them up. I suppose its something to use those golden's on.

The gym I raided at was taken by Instinct who berry camped it. I ended up battling at it while talking to the yellow players just to level up my badge on the gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Tenger wrote: »

In Celbridge we had enough for a lobby each of Instinct and Mystic so we let Valor have gym control and they joined in the Mystic lobby. It meant pretty much everyone got ~10 balls.

Another family tyrannitar raid, same team of fighting mons. Mostly golden razz and potions as rewards, but at least a 96% iv for my troubles.

• Advertisement

Nice, I've yet to get a Tyranitar over 90 from q raid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement