Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

mcgovern wrote: »
    In Celbridge we had enough for a lobby each of Instinct and Mystic so we let Valor have gym control and they joined in the Mystic lobby. It meant pretty much everyone got ~10 balls.

We had that as our back up plan.... Valour was our weakest but they had enough

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Myself and 3 others in Galway decided to show off and stick the four pseudo legendaries in one gym :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Angron wrote: »
    Myself and 3 others in Galway decided to show off and stick the four pseudo legendaries in one gym :pac:

Assume ye have Metagross and Salamence thanks to rare candies?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

AMGer wrote: »
    Assume ye have Metagross and Salamence thanks to rare candies?
    The Metagross is mine, and I only needed about 15 candy to get it. Dunno about the guy with the Salamence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Whoops.
    Today Mrs Josip and I (on behalf of Jos Jr) dropped in a couple of mons into a gym at the top of a mountain.
    Jr and his mammy usually put in a pair of mons that are the same evolution family.
    Today I put in Teddiursa, so Mrs. Josip put in an Ursaring. Her only Ursaring. Her best Ursaring.

SyyUpd1.png

Later on I checked who was in there already, how long, etc.

szJb3t1.png

I think her Ursaring's gonna be gone a while.

• Advertisement

...wow, I've never seen something in a gym that long.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Angron wrote: »
    ...wow, I've never seen something in a gym that long.

I have a pidgey on 192 days and counting, it's just like charmander in the forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Sunny today, plenty of the fire castforms around. I think the snowy one spawn's in fog aswell, could be a while waiting for that one.

Managed to get a frost Castform last night, so I have all of the Castform forms now thanks to the sunny weather in Galway today.

Walking to the station to get my bus back to Longford, and then this little guy pops up :D

• Advertisement

Just failed the family vs aggron. Using the same fighting team that we have against tyrannitar we fell short by about 10 seconds. Tried mixing it up using some heavy ground mons aswell, but no better.
    Think with aggron's tankier defense we just didnt have enough.

syboit wrote: »
    Just failed the family vs aggron. Using the same fighting team that we have against tyrannitar we fell short by about 10 seconds. Tried mixing it up using some heavy ground mons aswell, but no better.
    Think with aggron's tankier defense we just didnt have enough.

Yeah, I've noticed Aggron does seem to take a bit longer to beat than Tyranitar. It's a shame, I was really hoping to two person it at some point.

Just got us 600 stardust for a couple of Luvdisc.
    It'll be great if Chanseys start appearing in the wild; we're Blissey-light.

josip wrote: »
    Just got us 600 stardust for a couple of Luvdisc.
    It'll be great if Chanseys start appearing in the wild; we're Blissey-light.

New event till the 15th, 300 dust for luvdisc & chansey spawns. Shiny luvdisv in game too

Seen and caught 11 Luvdisc tonight.
    Haven't seen any Chansey, not surprising I suppose.
    They won't want to devalue Blissey.

Caught my shiny Luvdisc this morning - took less than 10 seen to get it, so that’s good.

Need my shiny Swablu now, 200ish seen and still nothing :(

AMGer wrote: »
    Caught my shiny Luvdisc this morning - took less than 10 seen to get it, so that’s good.

Need my shiny Swablu now, 200ish seen and still nothing :(

Thats good going, I'm at : 182 swablu seen, 114 luvdisc seen , no shinies. After the halloween week of duskull/shuppet/sableye and no shinies I should be used to the dissapointment. :pac:

At least got a razza for the dex today.

I think this has been the biggest red-herring of all events. Over 200 luvdisc for me, 150 for small fella and no shiny. Add to this the catch rate is so bad, the Pogo plus rarely catches them and if you go by hand it's taken me 2-3 blue balls each time. Seems like a huge resource hog, ran out of red/blue balls twice!

Don't even start me on Chancey, rant over :)

I got a shiny Luvdisc but saw very few Swablus, and no Chansey

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Im not too pushed about getting a shiny , dont have most of them to date so not like trying to get a full set.
    Luvdisc is handy for the extra candy though and along with the community day next week should have built up a good bit.
    Saw a Chansey on v nearby last night about 10 pm , but didnt bother leaving house for him , maybe they might increase spawns today a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Got a free moment in work and thought I'd check what the plus had picked up for me this morning, wishing I hadn't looked now :( the one and only Chansey I've seen this "event".. :(

Went in to town for my daily streak stuff, and the servers are down. Blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's down worldwide. Only fair option is to extend the event for a day ;)

google logins are back.

New event just came up in the news, extra stardust for catching growlithe,electike, pocheyana and snubulls.

plus luvdisc now extended..

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/964242757115035648

Shiny Poochyena is in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

syboit wrote: »
    google logins are back.

New event just came up in the news, extra stardust for catching growlithe,electike, pocheyana and snubulls.

plus luvdisc now extended..

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/964242757115035648

And I walked that Growlithe for kms and that Snubbull too. Now they are as common as muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is there a group in Limerick? One of my local group is going there and I'm sure I saw the place mentioned here

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

blanch152 wrote: »
    And I walked that Growlithe for kms and that Snubbull too. Now they are as common as muck.
    Has happened to me a couple of times. Its annoying but just the way the game goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is there a group in Limerick? One of my local group is going there and I'm sure I saw the place mentioned here

There's a Facebook page and a raid chat on messenger. Get them to ask on Facebook to be added to the raid chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Saying nothing, but I should buy a lottery ticket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement