Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

phog wrote: »
    There's a Facebook page and a raid chat on messenger. Get them to ask on Facebook to be added to the raid chat.

Great, thanks! I've let him know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

community day 'special move' announced, draco meteor

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tenger wrote: »
    Has happened to me a couple of times. Its annoying but just the way the game goes.
    Just recently I walked a Numel I hatched enough to evolve it, then a few days later caught a Camerupt in Galway. Frustrating, but oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Angron wrote: »
    Just recently I walked a Numel I hatched enough to evolve it, then a few days later caught a Camerupt in Galway. Frustrating, but oh well.

I’d say Bagon or Beldum are the only gen 3s worth as a buddy. Even Trapinch seems an easy hatch from 10km eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

AMGer wrote: »
    I’d say Bagon or Beldum are the only gen 3s worth as a buddy. Even Trapinch seems an easy hatch from 10km eggs

Am walking Beldum myself, 5 Km a candy so a nice bit of walking to get done, Bagon will be my next buddy there after :)

For 10k hatches ive gotten more porygon than anything else which is quite frustrating when using the super incubators for them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

blanch152 wrote: »
    And I walked that Growlithe for kms and that Snubbull too. Now they are as common as muck.

Muk would actually be less common than these.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My current buddy is Bagon, still 50 candy off enough for Salamence though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Just started walking my first Beldum yesterday. Have a single Trapinch hatch and yet to see Bagon anywhere. I sense a long walk ahead of me!

I've caught 3 wild Trapinch, but haven't hatched any. Meanwhile, in my last 8 10k egg hatches, I've gotten 3 Snorlax, 2 Mareep, 2 Dratini, and a Porygon.

I've caught 3 wild Trapinch, but haven't hatched any. Meanwhile, in my last 8 10k egg hatches, I've gotten 3 Snorlax, 2 Mareep, 2 Dratini, and a Porygon.

Went through a phase of slakoth, and now like yourself myself (and smallfella) 10k's have been mostly mareep/porygon, where were they a year ago when I needed them!

• Advertisement

Yeah, when I hadn't gotten Ampharos yet I was mad to get Mareep, now I can't seem to hatch enough of them when I don't need them!

Well that was nice, hatched a Lileep which brings me up to 31 candy towards my first Cradily.

Well that was nice, hatched a Lileep which brings me up to 31 candy towards my first Cradily.
    Nice one. I hatched 2 and stumbled over 1 in the wild. I cheated a little by using some rare candy to get my Cradily. I like popping it and my Crawdaunt into gyms as they seem relatively rare.

Who would have thought hatching Snorlax or Dratini would be disappointing?

Dratini wise I’m working during the Feb 24th community event so unless they spawn in work I will not get any. I have a half decent Dratini (80%) so may just evolve on the day just to get Draco Meteor.

I didn't mind the Dratini really, the three Snorlax were a huge bummer though.

Dratini wise I’m working during the Feb 24th community event so unless they spawn in work I will not get any. I have a half decent Dratini (80%) so may just evolve on the day just to get Draco Meteor.

Niantic have said only Dratini caught during the event will have Draco meteor when evolved. So evolving a previously caught or hatched Dratini during the event hours won’t get you Draco meteor. Using TMs won’t get it either.

Hope they release shiny Dratini for it!

Info stated that "evolving Dragonair to Dragonite" will give Draco but that TMs will not give that move.

I dunno how I'd feel if they added shiny Dratini for it. I'd have to keep it as either Dratini or Dragonair, because Dragonite is one of the awful puke green shinies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yesterday afternoon I was 0/4 on Rayquaza. Today I have two and one is 100%! How my mood has changed.

So when I wanted TMs from Raids I never got them, now that I want to stock up on rare candy all I’m getting from raids is TMs! Five raids between yesterday afternoon and this morning have given me a total of 2 rare candy :(

Went up to Dublin this morning for the EX raid at Robert Emmet, and got my second Mewtwo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Finding Rayquaza the easiest to catch of all the legendaries , didnt catch him first raid but 7/7 since then , best one is 91 , 5 are 82 or lower.
    Question is , how many is enough ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Rooy wrote: »
    Finding Rayquaza the easiest to catch of all the legendaries , didnt catch him first raid but 7/7 since then , best one is 91 , 5 are 82 or lower.
    Question is , how many is enough ?

I have a mate who done 100 kyogre raids. think his catch rate was close to 60%.

He now has two pokemon greater than 4000CP. Groudon and Kyogre.

Went up to Dublin this morning for the EX raid at Robert Emmet, and got my second Mewtwo :D
    Ah no. I was there at 1pm. Could have said hello.
    I was the guy using his Pikachu hat wearing daughter as an excuse to be there!!!
    (There was also a wee girl in a full Pika outfit)

Ah no. I was there at 1pm. Could have said hello.
    I was the guy using his Pikachu hat wearing daughter as an excuse to be there!!!
    (There was also a wee girl in a full Pika outfit)

I was the long haired guy with the gingery beard and facial piercings. I didn't end up hanging around for too long really, the group I was in went in fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

What are people's thoughts on the gotcha? Planning to pick one up later this week.

Moreso of a is it kind of cheating question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

double GG wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on the gotcha? Planning to pick one up later this week.

Opinions will vary but, in my opinion, if a device allows a player to carry out an action not officially supported by the game, then it's cheating. Specifically, I'm referring to the "automatic" capabilities of the Go-tcha that are above and beyond that offered by the Pokémon GO Plus.

Also, Niantic don't approve of unofficial devices being used with the game as they breach their Terms of Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

double GG wrote: »

My son has the gotcha,, I have the pogo plus, and tbh I think it's better than the pogo plus, and that's ignoring the auto spin and catch but for connectivity alone it is hands down better. The plus I find very finicky as it might connect straight away but most of the time I'd need to try a couple of times. Gotcha has connected straight away more times than not.

The auto spin feature on the gotcha is very useful if you live in an area with very few stop as I'd usually take a trip into limerick and drive around for a couple of hours to stock up. I've had both my sons acc going on his phone, mine going on my phone, and the gotcha would manage to spin more stops where the plus would give the mgs of 'stop out of range'.

Don't use the auto catch feature much though, but handy if want to play discreetly

Not a great day in town. Only raids in the last 5 hours have been a Jynx and Feraligatr. Solo'd the Jynx, but no sign of any other players to attempt the other raid.

new wave of ex-raid passes is out, not seen anything for anyone in Cork getting one this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Not a great day in town. Only raids in the last 5 hours have been a Jynx and Feraligatr. Solo'd the Jynx, but no sign of any other players to attempt the other raid.

What is your team for Jynx ? , failed a second time again yesterday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement