Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

syboit wrote: »
    new wave of ex-raid passes is out, not seen anything for anyone in Cork getting one this time around.

Reading some analysis on PokemonGo Hub in regard selection cells , it would suggest to location wise that the Arche is the only likely candidate again in Cork and doing raids in the week prior to invites increases your chances , i have done one 7-10 days ago , but will try and get another one in this week , still waiting to get my first pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Finally got my Ex Raid invite for belfast. 200+ rare candies and 200k dust to power it up if i catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

KELLS got their 2nd Ex-raid pass, 9 days after their first Ex-raid.
    So far 15 members of the group has reported passes, 9 repeats and 6 new.
    A great result from a small rural group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Jfrost wrote: »
    KELLS got their 2nd Ex-raid pass, 9 days after their first Ex-raid.
    So far 15 members of the group has reported passes, 9 repeats and 6 new.
    A great result from a small rural group.

Any idea how many unique accounts have raided there over the past week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Got 9 (NINE!) revives from an Aggron raid this evening. Either I'm the luckiest boy in the whole wide world, or they've rejigged the rewards.

• Advertisement

AMGer wrote: »
    Any idea how many unique accounts have raided there over the past week?
    We believe 21 unique Raiders over the 9 days with 16 getting passes. The gym itself received roughly 120 points but 500 points was collected in the S2 type 12 cell.
    I myself raided many times but I think the level 40 glitch might have possibly hit me.
    Not complaining as I caught the fecker the last time. So I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Got 9 (NINE!) revives from an Aggron raid this evening. Either I'm the luckiest boy in the whole wide world, or they've rejigged the rewards.

my sarcasm detector must be broken :p but welcome to my world. Haven't seen rare candy or a TM in ages, Even 4 back to back legendary raids last week gave me nothing but potions/revives and more golden razz to take me well over 200!

syboit wrote: »
    my sarcasm detector must be broken :p but welcome to my world. Haven't seen rare candy or a TM in ages, Even 4 back to back legendary raids last week gave me nothing but potions/revives and more golden razz to take me well over 200!

That used to be me until Ray came, but since then I had a great run of one TM per raid and rare candy most times. I thought it might have been me doing more damage (I have a good ice team, which seems more than most) but its probably just blind luck.

Sorry, didnt explain about the revives (I was tired!). They've been in extremely short supply recently so I was really happy to get 9. Just this once though, as TMs and rare candy are the best to get, obviously.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Yup. I’ve always been very scarce on TMs. Got 5 from the Mewtwo raid though.
    Need to sort out my Alakazam’s and Espeon’s for a more efficient anti-Machamp setup.
    Too many needed, not enough raiding! Could change Dragonite, Gyrados and a few others too!

250 caught/262 seen

• Advertisement

Sorry, didnt explain about the revives (I was tired!). They've been in extremely short supply recently so I was really happy to get 9. Just this once though, as TMs and rare candy are the best to get, obviously.

yeah, noticed that with my small fella's account, he's a level 29 and revives/potions are hard come by these days from pokestops. He hasn't unlocked the max-revive yet , which he would badly need.

Just wondering if anyone here uses a Wifi HotSpot on the main phone for connecting a second phone/account to Pokemon Go ?
    Have been thinking of building up a second account for a while so my son could start playing again.
    The community day would seem like a great way to get started as could get a couple of Dragonites on team to start with

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

Rooy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here uses a Wifi HotSpot on the main phone for connecting a second phone/account to Pokemon Go ?
    Have been thinking of building up a second account for a while so my son could start playing again.
    The community day would seem like a great way to get started as could get a couple of Dragonites on team to start with

I do it a fair bit to do raids for a mate if he's not around and we need numbers or to take down gyms.

phog wrote: »
    I do it a fair bit to do raids for a mate if he's not around and we need numbers or to take down gyms.

That Phog , I forgot to add my question to original post which was if performance on both phones was okay generally for Pogo when hotspotting ?

That Phog , I forgot to add my question to original post which was if performance on both phones was okay generally for Pogo when hotspotting ?

and final question , is there an obvious battery drain on the phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

Performance is ok and little enough battery drain. I was out last night, tethered a 2nd phone to mine for over 2 hours and still had over 20% battery when finished - new phone mind you so the battery is at it's peak.

phog wrote: »
    Performance is ok and little enough battery drain. I was out last night, tethered a 2nd phone to mine for over 2 hours and still had over 20% battery when finished - new phone mind you so the battery is at it's peak.

Thanks , just remembered by second phone is an iPhone 5 which I understand wont run Pokemon Go after Feb 28 unfortunately.

We did this in Belfast during the Unown event as the young fella's 3 account wasn't working. It did kill my phone after about two hours of Pogoing but we both had enough signal to catch what we wanted. Occasionally people in our group need a hotspot for raiding and nobody's got kicked out yet. I think you'd cope okay for the three hours of the community event but you'll need extra power during it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

We also hotspot when abroad and there aren't any performance issues apart from battery drain on the hotspot phone.
    Usually by the time the S6 hotspot had started PoGo, the connected S8 had already taken down the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Thanks , just remembered by second phone is an iPhone 5 which I understand wont run Pokemon Go after Feb 28 unfortunately.

It's only certain models that won't run after Feb 28, had to check as my young fella uses a 5s ( he chose that over a oneplus one :O ) and his is still supported after that date, there is a list on pogo hub of what phones pogo will not support after the 28th

• Advertisement

CraigM84 wrote: »
    It's only certain models that won't run after Feb 28, had to check as my young fella uses a 5s ( he chose that over a oneplus one :O ) and his is still supported after that date, there is a list on pogo hub of what phones pogo will not support after the 28th

Thanks , i think it is actually a 5s so i might be okay , need to check later.
    Created new account this morning and used my own phone , brought back plenty of memories of constant medals/levelling up and shadows. I even managed to do a lengendary raid with worse team imagineable (think Maril , Spheal etc) , but managed to catch a 98% Rayquaza ! , add a couple of Dragonites hopefully on Sat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm trying to figure out a plan to go to either Dublin or Galway for Saturday. Looks like I'll have to get up pretty early for it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Tenger wrote: »
    Yup. I’ve always been very scarce on TMs. Got 5 from the Mewtwo raid though.
    Need to sort out my Alakazam’s and Espeon’s for a more efficient anti-Machamp setup.
    Too many needed, not enough raiding! Could change Dragonite, Gyrados and a few others too!

250 caught/262 seen

Despite the negative press, I find Gardevoir works better against Machamp than Alakazam. Gardevoir can usually get off 1 CM more than the Alakazams despite being a couple of levels lower.

josip wrote: »
    Despite the negative press, I find Gardevoir works better against Machamp than Alakazam. Gardevoir can usually get off 1 CM more than the Alakazams despite being a couple of levels lower.

I like gardevoir too, would be the 2nd or 3rd out for me against Machamp, also like to anchor with Lugia (might aswell use it for something)

Angron wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out a plan to go to either Dublin or Galway for Saturday. Looks like I'll have to get up pretty early for it either way.
    Don't get lost in the city.... I'd invite you to Kells but our Ex-raid gym is in dormancy till after the 2nd Raid on Monday.... But if you want to meet good people with the push of cities, this could be an option

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll probably go to Dublin tbh, I think it might work out cheapest overall, and I can get a train to be up there for the start of the event.

Shiny swablu from the pogo+ , what a nice surprise :eek:

Legendary week just announced :
    https://pokemongolive.com/post/legendaryweek022318/
    Text :

Trainers,

Now is the time to test your strength! Legendary Pokémon Kyogre and Groudon return to Raid Battles alongside Rayquaza for a limited time. Now is an excellent chance to finally catch all three ancient Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region!

Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza each have their own strengths and weaknesses, so challenging all three will take skill! Power up your strongest Pokémon, grab your friends, and head to nearby Gyms for a chance to battle and catch them from February 23 until March 5.

We’re in for some legendary battles, and the overall result will be exciting! If Rayquaza is defeated more than Kyogre and Groudon combined, Pokémon that typically prefer windy weather (for example, Bagon) are more likely to hatch from Eggs from March 5 to March 16. If not, Pokémon that prefer sunny or rainy weather (like Trapinch or Lotad) are more likely to hatch.

These battles will be tough, so we have new special boxes debuting on February 24, containing Raid Passes to help you prepare. Visit the in-game store to find out more.

Did you know Pokémon is celebrating a ‘legendary’ year in 2018? You can learn about more about these and other Legendary Pokémon at Pokemon.com/Legendary.

Don’t miss this opportunity to add these Legendary Pokémon to your team. Stay safe, and happy exploring!

—The Pokémon GO team

Yay, finally hatched an Azurill. Now to hope for a Wynaut.

• Advertisement

Not too excited about return of Kyorge and Groudon , but more Bagons in the eggs would be welcome , only caught second one this morning so will at least should get a decent IV one from an egg if it comes to pass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement