Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Jos Jr has been asking when can he have a go at Rayquaza.
    He's never done a legendary raid up to now and it seems Rayquaza is one of the easier ones to defeat?
    We were thinking of going to Dun Laoghaire for the event tomorrow.
    Does anyone know if anything is organised somewhere in Dun Laoghaire this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Rooy wrote: »
    Not too excited about return of Kyorge and Groudon , but more Bagons in the eggs would be welcome , only caught second one this morning so will at least should get a decent IV one from an egg if it comes to pass.

Yup, can imagine a lot of raid groups going quite when another kyorge hatches. Always a few die-hards that will do any raid though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

josip wrote: »
    Jos Jr has been asking when can he have a go at Rayquaza.
    He's never done a legendary raid up to now and it seems Rayquaza is one of the easier ones to defeat?
    We were thinking of going to Dun Laoghaire for the event tomorrow.
    Does anyone know if anything is organised somewhere in Dun Laoghaire this time around?

Rayquaza is reasonably fragile, but it hits extremely hard. I dunno if there'd be anything organised, but I imagine there'd be a good few around, and depending on levels you could beat it with 5 or 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Yup - think of Rayray as a glass cannon dragonite - gets hit hard and hits hard in return. We failed a 3 person Ray raid but that's only because I misheard one of the guys and thought he was level 34 when he said 24... 40, 30, 24 - didn't come very close to taking him down.

If it was 40, 34, 30 - I think we would have done it (if the others had a few ice pokemon).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thirdfox wrote: »
    If it was 40, 34, 30 - I think we would have done it (if the others had a few ice pokemon).

Jr is only Lvl 32.
    He's got a few half decent Walreins and a Lapras, but his Piloswines are piles o' s***e.
    Best not to ask what his Lvl 24 mammy will bring to a Rayquaza party.

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    Jr is only Lvl 32.
    He's got a few half decent Walreins and a Lapras, but his Piloswines are piles o' s***e.
    Best not to ask what his Lvl 24 mammy will bring to a Rayquaza party.

I see youtubers etc going 3 man, using revives and returning back in. I think my problem would be the phone wouldn't be quick enough doing 6 max-revives and then bringing back in my best team. I find trying to select my pre-made team can be slow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sadly Piloswine won't be much use in general until gen 4 when it gets an evolution. I'm hoping that Mamoswine turns out to be a good pokemon, it's one of my favourites.

shiny draitini assets have been added into the game, looks like we'll be shiny hunting tomorrow!

So, getting an early train up to Dublin, and then it'll be time for some hunting.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Certainly a lot of interest in this day. Dratini still has that rare mystique.
    My best option today is to pop an incense and cross my fingers. In work 9-4 and no stops near me!

351/363
    3 shiney

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

One shiny in the bag after only 15 catches in the last 10 minutes. I could only catch at the end, but chuffed to still get a shiny.

Certainly seemed to be a lot of shines, only got to do 30 mins but got 2. One in my 2nd catch and the other 20mins later at the same spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lot of shiny between 10 and 11 none after that got 3 on total evolved one to Dragonair kept the other two got one Draco Dragonite non shiny good fun catching so many

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

80 caught, 9 shinies. I got two Dragonites out of that (one green!) and have the candy for another down the line. Near disaster when the young fella couldn't log in. Tried everything and then went home to reinstall despite protestations of "I'm never playing again" and I'm deleting my account." Wiser heads prevailed and he stayed fuming on his Xbox while we went out again and caught him two shinies and 170 candies. The mood lifted when we returned and he could evolve a green Dragonite. He'd had his whole morning planned and was really gutted but all seems well again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Definitely didn’t have the same shiny luck today as I did with Pikachu. Last community day I got 6 from 90 catches. Today I got 2 from 195!
    I’m sad I didn’t get a third to have a shiny Dragonair to keep! I did manage to catch a second shiny Aron during the event, so that gives me shiny Aggron now. Also hatched a 100% Beldum, so a good day in the end :)

4 shinies from roughly 180 catches - I'm satisfied though - got a draco meteor shiny and normal dragonite (as well as having 750 candy left over).

Wasted 125 candies on evolving another dragonair at 12:59 - clock turned 1 and dragonite only had hurricane :p

Still - worth it - got a 98% Groudon and a 93% Kyogre - my best two versions of those legendaries to date.

And I just got an Ex raid pass for March 10th!! Happy days!

Today was a hell of a day for me. Got 5 shinies, hit level 39, got my gold medal for dragon types, got a 96% Groudon, 98% Rayquaza, and got an EX pass for the 10th :D

Would like mereep as the next community mon, damn elusive creature, would not say no to magikarp neither but that would lessen the effect of red Gyarados and trying to catch enough for 400 candy in 3 hours would be difficult.

Would like mereep as the next community mon, damn elusive creature, would not say no to magikarp neither but that would lessen the effect of red Gyarados and trying to catch enough for 400 candy in 3 hours would be difficult.

I'd like Beldum, that shiny line is so good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

How about Eevee for next month, the shiny options would be great!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

...................would not say no to magikarp neither but that would lessen the effect of red Gyarados and trying to catch enough for 400 candy in 3 hours would be difficult.

Guy in Dublin WhatsApp group caught over 200 Dratini today. Went from 79 to 292 on his Dragon medal.

delly wrote: »
    How about Eevee for next month, the shiny options would be great!

They'd need to let people do the nickname thing again, I'd go mad worried about the random chance of what it would turn into.

I’d definitely take Magikarp for the next community day - i’m near 1900 Magikarp seen and still don’t have a shiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

They announced details of the next Community day fairly soon after the first , so looking forward to seeing what it is ,love to see an Unown one as still waiting on first one.
    Great day today despite the cold , caught 5 shines from 101 Dratinis , son caught 5 shines from 70odd caught , so he has 2 Dragonites now on his 5 day old team and managed to get a Kyorge too.
    And the 2 of us got Ex Raid passes for the Arche in Cork on the 10th.

Unown would be cool I would really love to see a regionalised day too, give Europe Tauros or Heracross

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Based on last month then the March community day details will be released on Monday

Charmander day would be cool aswell (shiny Charizard is probably my favorite shiny).

Got my first ex raid pass today too - what a great way to end the day.

Unfortunately will be out of the country on the 10th but Mrs Thirdfox will be prepped on throwing techniques :D

• Advertisement

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Got my first ex raid pass today too - what a great way to end the day.

Unfortunately will be out of the country on the 10th but Mrs Thirdfox will be prepped on throwing techniques :D

What gym did you get it for? I got War Memorial in Merrion Square.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement