Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Very surreal day having so many dratinis about.
    Having walked the first one so much to get my son's single Dragonite, it's weird that he now has 4.
    His Lvl 24 mammy with not a single dratini to her name before today, now has 3 Dragonites, 1 of them shiny, plus matching shiny dragonair and shiny dratini.
    Very nice in Dun Laoghaire to see so many trainers out and about.
    To round it off this evening, my son talked me into trying our first Absol duo, even though the weather was clear.
    I pumped up his mammy's and his best 5 Machamps with all their candies, stuck in a Hariyama as an anchor for each. His mammy shouted at me to TM her Machamps before we left.
    Mammy's Hariyama had a sliver of red and his Hariyama was in the yellow when they got their first Absol with 12s left on the clock.

No point having a shiny if you don't show it off somewhere.
    Mrs Josip & Jr in the local gym afterwards.

coSr5PG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Angron wrote: »
    What gym did you get it for? I got War Memorial in Merrion Square.

Robert Emmett - I did two raids there - at the first raid there were about 100 people doing the raid at the same time. Genuinely the largest group of raiders I've seen in Ireland (or my travels around the world for that matter).

Judging by the amount of people who got ex-raid passes (over 60 at Robert Emmett alone) it seems that Niantic may have loosened the requirements for getting a pass.

People are getting organised in whatsapp already - thinking seems to be 10 lobbies of 6 people each to maximise balls.

Now to teach the wife "lock throw circle and wait until attack before tossing" trick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

My Shiny collection, 3 added yesterday..... Too lucky
    mTlq2qd.png

DK4bh6E.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd trade some of my nine shiny dratinis for some of those. I have Aggron, Gary, Swablu, Pikachu and Raichu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thirdfox wrote: »
    People are getting organised in whatsapp already - thinking seems to be 10 lobbies of 6 people each to maximise balls.
    Your quote was about Mewtwo but this technique may work for Lvl 5 raids over the nexr week. Rather than a group of 20, go in as 3 groups. This will allow ye to beat Ray but also add to the "defeated" total with the current Ray vs Groudon/Kyorge challenge.

Rooy wrote: »
    They announced details of the next Community day fairly soon after the first , so looking forward to seeing what it is ,love to see an Unown one as still waiting on first one........
    Unown would be cool I would really love to see a regionalised day too, give Europe Tauros or Heracross
    Im very lucky to literally stumble across an Unown last summer.
    I think the starters would make sense as community day pokemon. They have such a visual tie in to the whole franchise.

Last years challenge to unlock Far'Fetched was a success so I expect to see this happen for other regionals this year.

351 Caught/364 Seen.
    Missing Tropius,Altaria,Wynaut & Shelgon under 'seen'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Tenger wrote: »

Im very lucky to literally stumble across an Unown last summer.

Waterford city had its first ever Unown spawn at 01.35am Saturday morning :) One person in our Discord got it.

I was lucky enough to be in London back in August when they had the Unown & Kangaskhan spawns. I managed to get two R, two U, an O and an E.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm on 355 caught, 360 seen.

Seen, but not caught so far:

Tauros
    Heracross
    Corsola
    Slaking (about 50 candy away from having enough for one)
    Chimecho

I have Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Unown, and Mewtwo, haven't seen any of the other regionals. I'm about 70 candy away from having enough for Flygon, 20 away from Cradily, and then after that I think I'm only missing stuff that hasn't been released yet.

Angron wrote: »
    Seen, but not caught so far:

Tauros
    Heracross
    Corsola
    Slaking (about 50 candy away from having enough for one)
    Chimecho

I have Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Unown, and Mewtwo, haven't seen any of the other regionals. I'm about 70 candy away from having enough for Flygon, 20 away from Cradily, and then after that I think I'm only missing stuff that hasn't been released yet.

I just need Salamence and Metagross I have everything you can get in Ireland. About 20 candy shy on Salamence, 45 on Metagross.

As for regionals I still havent seen Solrock, Illumise, Tropius or Torkoal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got Metagross after spending a windy day/evening walking around Galway with some folks hunting down Beldum, and then I got tired of walking Bagon for candy, so I used rare candy for the last 30 or 40 candy I needed earlier today :pac: Buddy is now Lileep, though if I'm lucky I might get another one from one of the 5 5km eggs I have in incubators.

• Advertisement

ywZ9FBZ.png

Just need Salamence and Metagross and regionals yet to visit Ireland.

Nice one. Im 100s of KMs of walking away from Metagross, Salamence or Slaking.
    Hatched 1 each of the former and 2 of the latter. Im about halfway to Miliotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Crazy weather forecast this week could be a chance to get the snow form castform.

Pokemon Go players would be one of the few groups happy with a bit of snow :pac:

Jfrost wrote: »
    Just need Salamence and Metagross and regionals yet to visit Ireland.

You missing something else?I need Metagross and Salamence aswell but I’m at 358 caught

Crazy weather forecast this week could be a chance to get the snow form castform.

Fingers crossed, might be the only chance we get. I’ll bare -10C for a snowy castform :)

Last week I was skiing. 5 out of 7 days we had snow, some days for the whole day.
    But did I ever see a snowy castform?
    No, sunny form every day.
    And to rub salt into the wounds while I was there, I read on this thread about somebody finding one on a chilly day in the midlands :)

AMGer wrote: »
    You missing something else?I need Metagross and Salamence aswell but I’m at 358 caught
    I had a Lileep with enough candies that I forgot to evolve.... Done now

I actually picked up a few last week. They spawn in "foggy" weather as well.
    Funnily enough its the Rainy version that Im missing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Jfrost wrote: »
    I had a Lileep with enough candies that I forgot to evolve.... Done now

Lileep!! not a single one yet, dunno but they seem rare in Cork.

syboit wrote: »
    They seem pretty rare in general. I've found I think 2 or 3 in the wild, while Anorith are common as muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Have never seen a Lileep in the wild myself, but was lucky enough to get one from an egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Am hoping for drunk pikachu on pattys day,.

syboit wrote: »

Hatched 1and had them as walking buddy but was at the Santry Sports Clinic i checked Silph Road Nest and there was/is one in Clontraf. So I over I went.... Tada and then back to Cavan, happy camper

Party pika in the bag.
    I assume if it's evolved Raichu will keep the hat?
    Is there a party Pichu also?

josip wrote: »
    Party pika in the bag.
    I assume if it's evolved Raichu will keep the hat?
    Is there a party Pichu also?
    Yeah, Raichu keeps the hat. I assume there will be Pichu, there has been for the last few hatted Pikachu anyway.

Party hat pika spawning now seems to be a few new outfits too for avatar. I actually thought the shadow was a zangoose have yet to catch one.

• Advertisement

Party hat has present as it's move

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement