Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bulbasaur community day mon next time round 3x xp too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Bulbasaur community day mon next time round 3x xp too.

X3 xp... class!

Bulbasaur though blurgh should have been Eevee, best they can do now is shiny and a really strong charge move.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

delly wrote: »
    X3 xp... class!

Doh, just read the post and it's catch XP only, boo, thought I was going on a mass evolve run.

Ugggh didn't catch that part myself

Grabs coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Tiny, useless but SHINY
    Oy91k3H.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Jfrost wrote: »
    Tiny, useless but SHINY

Just got one myself, don't think the shiny rates have increased or anything just more of them around increasing the odds.

Finally caught my first lileep today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bulbasaur? Of all the things they could have done a day for, why the hell would you go with Bulbasaur?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Angron wrote: »
    Bulbasaur? Of all the things they could have done a day for, why the hell would you go with Bulbasaur?

Worth noting its a Sunday this time around , and also the weekend the clocks change so it will mean getting on a hour earlier.
    We will persumely have a Easter event also around then so maybe that is why it is not too exciting this time around , but certainly disappointing it is only Bulb

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm just disappointed cause I was hoping for something a bit rarer. Triple XP not working for evolutions is a disappointment too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

with lucky egg on there's a chance of over 1000XP per catch. not too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Only reason it was dratini last weekend was it would get most people back playing pogo that took a break during the cold winter months.

I wonder what the spike was from inactive 30d people on that community day.

Bulbasaur is fine for March community day, a lot of people have a connection since it was a starting pokemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I've seen it said on reddit - these events are pretty much "catch up" events for mmos - Imagine being a new player starting off today - what are the chances you'll run into 30 bulbasaurs/dratinis etc.? These events give new players a chance to evolve their own venasaur/blastoise/charizard etc.

Plus - shiny charizard will be black so there's that to look forward to :)

And Bulba has been my mvp from the very start - my 3rd 100% mon and nearly 2000 battles won with him as he was my go to Vape killer.

Personally I'm not disappointed with the next community day choice - it would have been almost impossible to top dratini anyway.

with lucky egg on there's a chance of over 1000XP per catch. not too shabby.

If your 7 day catch streak is on Sunday and you use a lucky egg you can get up to 30k xp on your first catch!

Weather has shifted to snow in game for me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Same here for me in Cork , some reports of Snowy Castform caught here

It shows that it is snowing ingame but yet the weather is still windy for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

my catch screen is snowy but the actual pogo weather is still cloudy or part cloudy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Those of you that caught Shiny Pikachus, was it obvious before you caught it that it was shiny?
    I'm worried that I won't spot the subtle colour difference, so I'm catching all that I see.
    It's costing a fortune in balls.

btw - if you TM a surf Pikachu (which could be shiny :D ) - you'll end up with a present/surf Pika :D

At least it's a use for all those fast tms I had in my bag :)

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    Those of you that caught Shiny Pikachus, was it obvious before you caught it that it was shiny?
    I'm worried that I won't spot the subtle colour difference, so I'm catching all that I see.

Yes - it looks different and in the pokemon box if you type in "shiny" into the search field all shinies will be displayed (they have a special 3 star symbol beside them also).

And if you want to transfer a shiny the game will ask you if you're sure I believe.

Still windy in Dublin City Centre am hoping for snow icon in finglas

Didnt notice any difference, just looked like a normal pika to me. I just shiny check and move on, I'm letting the pogo+ catch them after that. Reckon the 70-80 I saw today the pogo+ caught around half of them.

Just had my first taste of ingame snow and it looks fab, get home then and its windy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Got my snowy Castform for the single hour of Snow weather we had in game.

Shiny Party Hat Pichu must surely be the rarest Pokémon in the game now - anyone hatch one yet?

You’ll see the sparkles around it. Can’t miss it.

syboit wrote: »
    Didnt notice any difference, just looked like a normal pika to me. I just shiny check and move on, I'm letting the pogo+ catch them after that. Reckon the 70-80 I saw today the pogo+ caught around half of them.

Just had my first taste of ingame snow and it looks fab, get home then and its windy :(
    AMGer wrote: »
    You’ll see the sparkles around it. Can’t miss it.

Oh yeah, I mis-read that. Yup, when you click on the mon and sparkles start coming out of it, plus after catching so many you'll definitely notices the darker orange.

One of the last ones I clicked on today :)

Went through three incense today and no castform loads of pikachu though no shiny have two incense left gonna try again tomorrow missed my 7 day stop too but not worth going out for that.

I saw one ice Castform when I was out earlier, but it ran after one ball. Glad I had one before or I'd be really annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Got Castform today.... With incense as nó spawns where I live.

ZzyqTtE.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement