Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Well there's always tomorrow right now it's windy icon come on snow man I need you now more 5 Han ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Well there's always tomorrow right now it's windy icon come on snow man I need you now more 5 Han ever.

Yup, windy all day yesterday. Pogo needs to look out the window and see that snow! Accuweather saying snow now for the day.

Snow now but one incense has gotten me a hoothoot and nothing else, one to go now so I'm gonna save it till the extinction level snow later

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

About 2km from my home to nearest pokestop so bit more effort required today to keep 7 day streak going but needs to be done , it is in tandem with catch one for Saturdays so I can time in a weekly evolve too usually , so keen to keep it going.
    Reckon i have the streak going about 12 months now since they introduced more bonuses.
    Will pop out around lunchtime , hopefully can bag a snowy Castform while Im at it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Rooy wrote: »
    About 2km from my home to nearest pokestop so bit more effort required today to keep 7 day streak going but needs to be done , it is in tandem with catch one for Saturdays so I can time in a weekly evolve too usually , so keen to keep it going.
    Reckon i have the streak going about 12 months now since they introduced more bonuses.........

That’s impressive. I’ve had a couple of drops. No pokestops in my hometown so a 2 night visit to the parents and clan means a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Just dig that 2km walk to and back to my closest stop.... Hatched 2km eggs no Pichu with party hat, one left... Pressure on.
    But got another 2 Snowy Castform, tired of them now :p

Finally got a couple of hours of 'snow' in game. Its safe enough to head out locally, got my snow castform. When gen3 dropped I thought this could be the one pokemon that would elude me longer than tauros has. Who would have guessed we'd get this much snow!

I thought pikachu's were plentiful, but spheals have taken over the place in fierce numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Jfrost wrote: »
    Got Castform today.... With incense as nó spawns where I live.

Thanks for the incense suggestion.
    We get a few spawns outside our house but decided to use the incense while the weather was snowy. 2nd mon that came sniffing was a snowy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Snowed in? Stream Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! [2017] for free: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-episodes/#

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ok, total newbie question here but what the heck drives the capture level of various pokemons? For example I had a CR 214 Bulbasaur (I got gold on both bug & grass) showing me orange to catch yet I can get something like a Machop (gold fighting) with a CR in the 800s that's bright yellow to capture. Same issue with a few other pokemeons where even low 100s is yellow and 300s is quickly approaching dark orange while other of same family (i.e. grass, water etc.) would be waaay easier to catch and in all cases silver/gold medals for the familes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Each individual species has its own base catch and flee rate i.e. a bulbasaur or pikachu has a much lower catch rate than say a machop or rattata.

The only ones I know off the top of my head is the legendary bosses (usually 2-3% base catch rate) and Mewtwo (6% base catch rate).

A dratini for example has a 9% flee rate - meaning if it breaks out of a ball there's a 9% chance it will run. A pikachu may have a different flee rate.

I know that tyranitar has a pretty low flee rate - just checked - 4% - I once threw 25 balls at one in the wild before I caught it.

Here's a list of all the species' base catch and flee rate:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5xswyd/base_catch_and_flee_rate_for_all_current_pok%C3%A9mon/

Got to give up on the castform just not happening for me.

we'll have a few more days of snow yet :) - don't give up!

Got to give up on the castform just not happening for me.

Hang in there.
    Josip Jr laid down an incense yesterday and got one on the 2nd mon.
    Mrs Josip put down 4 incense over 4 hours today before a Castform finally showed up this afternoon,
    5 minutes after the PoGo weather changed to windy in the middle of all the snow!
    Cue much cursing at the game and suspicion that the timing wasn't coincidental.
    Then tonight, 10 mins before Jr's bed time, and quite often Mrs Josip's bedtime, who shows up outside without any of the smelly stuff being used?
    It wasn't Delibird...
    Happy days for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

So glad the next round of Ex raids is next Saturday and wasn’t today. Probably wouldn’t have made it if it was on this morning!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, same. Not a hope I would have gotten up to Dublin if I had a pass for today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not bad for a stroll through town :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Double xp just announced until March 16th, talk about a very unexpected but welcome event.

Double XP effective already.
    I'd just gotten 340XP from an Eevee catch the minute before the message and was very confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

As a level 40 player (new into that category) all I can say is..... So!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Met these guys all at the one pokestop in Madrid airport!! There’s another two on the line below you can’t see in the pic. A good 5 minutes to catch em all!!

Soloed a weather boosted Aerodactyl this evening with stock Lvl 25-30 Jolteons (2), Gyarados and a Vaporeon.
    Pokebattler hasn't updated with the new bosses yet so we weren't sure what we'd be up against.
    I've read that Starmie is also easy but that Claydol is tough.
    Are Alakazam and Scyther the same difficulty as before?

Dunno about Alakazam, but Scyther is the same, soloed one easy today.

Angron wrote: »
    Dunno about Alakazam, but Scyther is the same, soloed one easy today.

Ala can be difficult in windy weather - the 20% boost to his damage often means immediate knock out of your poke (especially if it's a 2 bar charge move).

I've failed an alakazam solo in windy weather even at lvl38 (now 40 but would be using same pokes against him - ttars mainly)

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Ala can be difficult in windy weather - the 20% boost to his damage often means immediate knock out of your poke (especially if it's a 2 bar charge move).

I've failed an alakazam solo in windy weather even at lvl38 (now 40 but would be using same pokes against him - ttars mainly)

I can see where this is going

I need better Alakazams to beat Machamp
    I need better Machamps to beat Ttar
    I need more Ttars to beat Alazam

Funnily enough, when my friend asked me why did I keep doing Machamp raids, that's the exact reason I told her.

Just finished some run of 10k eggs,

bagon, larvitar, mareep, larvitar, dratini, snorlax, bagon, trapinch

8 in a row, would have 2 on the go all the time, just when one would finished picked up another 10k. None since the 'egg' event started and don't think I'll chance clearing out what I have.

Yup - Machamp is champ of fighting types for a long while yet.

TTar is champ of dark types.

Crazy that two of the best pokes for their respective types are freely available as raid bosses (and one is easily solo-able).

Yup - Machamp is champ of fighting types for a long while yet.

TTar is champ of dark types.

Crazy that two of the best pokes for their respective types are freely available as raid bosses (and one is easily solo-able).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Forget about solo Alakazam if it has Focus Blast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement