Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Jfrost wrote: »
    As a level 40 player (new into that category) all I can say is..... So!

I got to level 40 in November and I still have 35 lucky eggs left :( these new boxes are killing me, I want the raid passes but not the eggs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

AMGer wrote: »
    I got to level 40 in November and I still have 35 lucky eggs left :( these new boxes are killing me, I want the raid passes but not the eggs!!

163 eggs... Meant to use some on my grind kept forgetting, or just didn't.... Always remembered for mass evolution.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So far during this windy egg event I've hatched 4 Corphish. I just want my Wynaut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I got my first wynaut today :D - cute fella 93% - left him in Christchurch gym :D

Seems to be a much higher drop rate for 10km eggs - have gotten 5 of both days now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My 10k hatches today have been a Beldum, Feebas, 2 Trapinch, and a Porygon. Being happy with 4 out of 5 is a nice return, only 19 candy away from a Flygon now.

Also, due to the weird way their stats work, a level 20 80% Trapinch has higher CP than a level 20 82% Vibrava, in spite of Vibrava being the evolved form.

Same thing happens with caterpie/metapod and weedle/kakuna - defence goes up, attack goes down but CP is mostly determined by attack stats.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Same thing happens with caterpie/metapod and weedle/kakuna - defence goes up, attack goes down but CP is mostly determined by attack stats.

I'd never noticed it with them, even with all the mass evolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

22 for 25 on rayquaza.

Decent weather in belfast today. 2 level 5s done at Ex Raid Gyms.
    and over 20 people at a few other level 5 raids.

Some of Valor trainers seem to have broke off from the rest of the playing community. They have a separate discord group to organise their meet ups but still remain in other whatsapp and discord groups staying very much silent when instinct/mystic are trying to get enough for a raid.

Easily the biggest downside to the game when people let their team colour get in the way of helping other trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Ex raid passes going out in Limerick city for this Saturday at 3:30

• Advertisement

In one month since I've figured this Ex-raid Pass thing out, Kells have received its 3rd issue of passes.
    Yeah 3 in a row for us.
    We got our first set for Feb 10th, latest Mar 11th
    cQ6nrxV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Jfrost wrote:
    In one month since I've figured this Ex-raid Pass thing out, Kells have received its 3rd issue of passes. Yeah 3 in a row for us. We got our first set for Feb 10th, latest Mar 11th

Limerick just started the same. We forced one in about a week and a half. ~40 raids we counted

Up to 357 caught, 362 seen now. Got Cradily and Flygon, so the next buddy up is Vigoroth to try and get Slaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭ABlur

In one month since I've figured this Ex-raid Pass thing out, Kells have received its 3rd issue of passes.
    Yeah 3 in a row for us.
    We got our first set for Feb 10th, latest Mar 11th
    cQ6nrxV.png

Have they all been in the same gym?

ABlur wrote: »
    Have they all been in the same gym?

Yes the only suitable gym in a 20km radius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

What gyms in Dublin have EX raid passes been given out for?

I've gotten passes for Robert Emmet in Stephen's Green and War Memorial in Merrion Square. I know Oscar Wilde at Merrion is another spot that's gotten passes, and 8-bit Cherries which is in the botanical garden I think.

Angron wrote: »
    I've gotten passes for Robert Emmet in Stephen's Green and War Memorial in Merrion Square. I know Oscar Wilde at Merrion is another spot that's gotten passes, and 8-bit Cherries which is in the botanical garden I think.
    One called Toro too in the quays, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,344 ✭✭✭✭phog

Angron wrote: »

Are these all on the same date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

One called Toro too in the quays, I think

I read on TSR that EX raids only happen in parks. Is that true?

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    Are these all on the same date?
    I don't think Oscar Wilde got one for tomorrow, but I know the other 3 I mentioned have. I've got one for War Memorial tomorrow, starting at 4:30, and Robert Emmet has one for earlier in the day but I didn't get a pass there this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

josip wrote: »

I think that was part of the original criteria, had to be designated a park in OSM maps and also has to be a nest. In the US sponsored gyms could be ex-raid too. Dunno if its changed now with the different s2 cell levels.

There are a couple of spots that fit the criteria there..... Not to sure how legit the info in OSM are for it.....
    But if you want to check your local area use this
    https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/uoJ

The park in Waterford city has never held an Ex raid despite having two gyms that see a lot of traffic.

Another wave of Ex passes went out for March 17th

Snake fountain beside Chester Beatty Library (Dublin Castle) is another eligible ex raid gym.

Btw Chester Beatty Library is well worth a visit for those who like art - quite a few interesting pieces there and they do lunch too ;) (I've no connection to the library :D )

There are 100 people turning up for the Robert Emmet ex raid tomorrow - ought to be fun!

Garden of Remembrance at the top of O'Connell steeet is another one that got an ex raid for tomorrow.

Edit: I caught two wild chanseys today (no maps used) - a good omen for tomorrow I think!

Today was a good day

Second Ex Raid for me at 11.00, second Mewtwo caught. That was followed shortly by a shiny Mawile. To cap it off I got a shiny Dratini this afternoon. I had been a little salty at only catching two shiny Dratini during community day as I wanted the trio of shinies to keep. It’s nice to now have shiny Dragonair alongside shiny Dratini and shiny Dragonite :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That is a seriously good day!

The definition of a park on OSM is quite relaxed. A statue on a 20ft x20ft piece of grass alongside a street could be "a park"

253 caught/265 seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Really enjoyed my first ex Raid in Cork earlier , myself and son both caught him , not great IVs , 80 & 72 , but we were still very happy. My 9 year old was insistent on doing the throwing , luckely he gave in after 2 misses and let me catch him for himinstead.
    Must have been close to 50 there with passes , organization went reasonably well , teams seperated out , then decided themselves whether 1 team or two , we went in first Mystic group of 10/11 , my game crashed when boss was almost defeated , but TG it joined at capture window after rejoining. Looked like everyone was there at start which was great , we went in fairly quick.

Oh gosh what a day...

I'm in Spain at the mo so wife took over ex raid duties. MsThirdfox was so nervous that she woke up at 6am (for the 10:30 raid) worried she might oversleep...

Then at the raid she did great and got 10 premier balls...

She said she was more nervous catching for me than if she had been trying for herself (bless!)

I had taught her the lock ring/throw on attack technique (and warned her earlier that M2's attack animation lasted longer than other raid bosses)...but due to nerves she missed her first *four* throws :pac:

Luckily my good friend was there alongside her and offered to help...caught him on the 2nd last ball…all while they sang "stay with me" by Sam Smith (that's my secret to catching them ;) )

Wish I had been there to see it! As a f2p player I had pretty much resigned myself to not getting mewtwo so I am super relieved to have him for the dex. Super touched by my diligent wife who buckled under the immense pressure on her (she knew how hard it is for me to get an ex raid pass doing 1 raid a day) - a cuddle and chocolates are in order I think.

Plus the mewtwo was a 91%er - absolutely chuffed!

As far as I'm concerned my gen1 dex is complete (never regardes mew as gen1 proper) :D

• Advertisement

Got my third Mewtwo, weather boosted and caught it with the last ball :D Got a second 98% Rayquaza, a 100% Venonat, and jumped up about 700k XP over the last two days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement