Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Angron wrote: »
    Got my third Mewtwo, weather boosted and caught it with the last ball :D Got a second 98% Rayquaza, a 100% Venonat, and jumped up about 700k XP over the last two days.

I've gotten one Mewtwo invite and it ran on me :(
    On Saturday I had a 100% Rayquaza and guess what it did? I'm 12/18 for Rayquaza so not like I'm completely terrible at throwing, and caught the next one on first ball, it 2020 though :(
    What sort of ratios are everyone else getting? I was 7/7 on Groudon and 6/9 for Kyogre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For Kyogre I'm 16/28, Groudon I'm 17/26, and Rayquaza I'm 14/21.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Last week I finally reached 400 Swablu candies so that Jr could evolve his Altaria.
    Unlike Gyarados, my motivation was low for catching useless mons for an equally useless evolve.
    I informed Jr afterwards that that was it with me and Swablus.
    The next day he caught a shiny Swablu, wants the shiny Altaria and I've been re-enlisted on another 400 quest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

josip wrote: »
    Last week I finally reached 400 Swablu candies so that Jr could evolve his Altaria.
    Unlike Gyarados, my motivation was low for catching useless mons for an equally useless evolve.
    I informed Jr afterwards that that was it with me and Swablus.
    The next day he caught a shiny Swablu, wants the shiny Altaria and I've been re-enlisted on another 400 quest :(

PgXwVcN.jpg
    pGgxJBZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

How many Swablu to get the shiny Jfrost? I’m at 758 seen and still don’t have one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got a shiny Swablu after about 300-ish.

AMGer wrote: »
    How many Swablu to get the shiny Jfrost? I’m at 758 seen and still don’t have one.
    y3qK35C.jpg

I have gotten 3 Shiny Swablu....... I'm just extremely Shiny Lucky

Jfrost wrote: »
    I have gotten 3 Shiny Swablu....... I'm just extremely Shiny Lucky

My shiny luck is up lately but I still can’t seem to get shiny Swablu or Magikarp

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Never had much joy as shinies myself , besides the events , only got 2 of the halloween guys , the one i really want is Magikarp.

https://youtu.be/VvlgvkuC1H0

My Shiny Collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Jfrost wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/VvlgvkuC1H0

My Shiny Collection

impressive.

I would assume you've done plenty of absol and mawile raids to add a few more.

I was lucky to get a shiny mawile on my 2nd attempt.

impressive.

I would assume you've done plenty of absol and mawile raids to add a few more.

I was lucky to get a shiny mawile on my 2nd attempt.
    Yeah.... But not giving up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

mcgovern wrote: »
    I've gotten one Mewtwo invite and it ran on me :(
    On Saturday I had a 100% Rayquaza and guess what it did? I'm 12/18 for Rayquaza so not like I'm completely terrible at throwing, and caught the next one on first ball, it 2020 though :(
    What sort of ratios are everyone else getting? I was 7/7 on Groudon and 6/9 for Kyogre.

Groudon 9/12
    Kyogre 3/10
    Ray 11/22

Stupid Kyogre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Kyogre 12/14 (pinap failure on 1 and distance bug on the other one)
    Groudon 5/5
    Rayquaza 6/8 (pinap failure on 2)

So it's been above expectations for the last few legendaries (would have statistically been in for 84% success rate if purely using golden razz throws).

I've only gotten one shiny from a raid so far, Magikarp. I'd love to get a shiny Absol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Nothing worse being sick during double xp week, at least will get a few days out of it.
    Nice start at least with a family charizard raid.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

syboit wrote: »
    Nothing worse being sick during double xp week, at least will get a few days out of it.
    Nice start at least with a family charizard raid.
    That is a pain. However with the god awful weather today I only nipped out for my daily pokestop spin and 4-5 Go+ catches as I ran 200m each way.
    Ive been working over last few days so planning on a 3-4 hour lucky egg grind in a city centre tomorrow.

I've only gotten one shiny from a raid so far, Magikarp. I'd love to get a shiny Absol.

Good to know someone has actually gotten a shiny Magikarp from a raid. I think drop rates of shinies for Mawile and Absol are lot higher than Magikarp, Sableye, Snorunt & Swablu.

Hopefully I'll get a good one then. I wonder will they bring the other birds back as well.

• Advertisement

Hopefully I'll get a good one then. I wonder will they bring the other birds back as well.

Just noticed the skyattack statement, wonder if its getting a buff or is it possible to have a different version of it ?

At least people might have stronger pokemon this time around and the amount of trainers needed might not be as high. (more mewtwo's, raikou and zapdos) I remember failing one the last time with 10 people.

Yeah, I have a lot more Tyranitar and such for raiding, so I won't have to lean so heavily on Golem for doing Lugia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

We'll also have weather boost for some of our counters this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

We triggered our 2nd Ex Raid in Celbridge, invite for 24th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm going to be in the Heathrow area for work for a few days in two weeks time; is it worth travelling into London to chase rare pokemons? I'd have a few hours only with 1h travel time each way basically but I'd for things such Chansey, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Cyndaquil, Maereep, Togepi, Unown, Heracross, Corsola, Delibird, Smeargle etc.

Nody wrote: »
    I'm going to be in the Heathrow area for work for a few days in two weeks time; is it worth travelling into London to chase rare pokemons? I'd have a few hours only with 1h travel time each way basically but I'd for things such Chansey, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Cyndaquil, Maereep, Togepi, Unown, Heracross, Corsola, Delibird, Smeargle etc.

You might be better off using something like this,

https://londonpogomap.com/

most on your list aren't available in the UK (heracross,corsola,delibird,kangaskhan,smeargle)

Nody wrote: »

Kangaskhan, Heracross, Corsola don’t spawn in this part of the world. Delibird was only here for Xmas and disappeared, Smeargle hasn’t been released in the game yet.

London is probably as good a place as any for the rest though - just make sure your not using 3 IE internet coverage as its absolute crap in the UK

No EX passes, shame. I'd hit a few EX candidates up in Dublin, but no luck.

Heading up to Galway tomorrow, gonna get one last lucky egg run in before the double XP goes away. At 1.6m XP towards 40 now, gonna see how far I can get by the end of the day.

• Advertisement

I have none of the legendary Pokémon but I can now say I took part in my first ever legendary raid, Rayquaza on Thursday in Merrion Square. I didn't go there intentionally but was passing by and saw small crowd of people so decided to stick around.

Sadly it wasn't a success for me - 12 balls, 8 or 9 of which landed, all with Golden Razzberries and curveballs....fúcker just wouldn't stay in. :( Oh well, at least I've a better idea how they work now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement