Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kris_jammage

Got the notification for the "Partner Event". Wish it would kick off now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

Got the notification for the "Partner Event". Wish it would kick off now :p

The "starter" event ? When is it starting ? I got the notification this morning too

Well Niantic are calling it the Partner Event, but its commonly known as the starter event where all 3 starter Pokemon and their evolutions will be more widely available.

On the website they are saying afternoon but mention PST timezone so probably more like midnight here.

Well Niantic are calling it the Partner Event, but its commonly known as the starter event where all 3 starter Pokemon and their evolutions will be more widely available.

On the website they are saying afternoon but mention PST timezone so probably more like midnight here.

Whoops my bad I thought it was called the "starter" event , lovely should be started by tomorrow so

Lunchtime walk yielded a Smoochum and Pichu, my first baby mons. Happy with that!

Also a Charmander over at St. Patricks Cathedral, first one I've ever seen or caught in the wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Tradez89

10km egg gave me a Kabuto still babyless. Have another 10km on the go but knowing my luck will end up with Onix or Jynx again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Tradez89 wrote: »
    10km egg gave me a Kabuto still babyless. Have another 10km on the go but knowing my luck will end up with Onix or Jynx again

You can't get Jynx anymore in the 10km - going on what I've seen with the 10km eggs the last week you're never more than two hatches from a baby in the 10kms - hatched two more this morning and got another Magby from one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Iv either found myself a right little 10k egg nest or they've gone mad dishing them out. Picked up number 6 in the last week today. All from same spot. 2 smoochum 2 magby 2 incubating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

dbagman wrote: »
    Iv either found myself a right little 10k egg nest or they've gone mad dishing them out.
    They are dishing them out like crazy. I've 5 cooking at the minute, don't think that has ever happened before.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just hatched my first Lapras, I'm stocked!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Of the babies, I've two Igglybuffs and an Elekid so far. I've two 10k eggs on the go at the moment so would prefer to get Chansey or Hitmonchan from them. Last 10k I had (last week) was another Aerodactyl.

Another Magby! That's 7 I'm up to now. Did get a Chansey and Lapras aswell today, still can't get a Lapras with Frost Breath/Blizzard though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

AMGer wrote: »
    Another Magby! That's 7 I'm up to now. Did get a Chansey and Lapras aswell today, still can't get a Lapras with Frost Breath/Blizzard though.

I was about to ask what is a good moveset combo, as that's what my new guy has. He came with 17 candy so have powered him up to 1900 odd cp. Analysis is the second best, so IV is 60 to 80 if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn phone is on the blink no location the past two hours now for the game need an upgrade.

delly wrote: »
    I was about to ask what is a good moveset combo, as that's what my new guy has. He came with 17 candy so have powered him up to 1900 odd cp. Analysis is the second best, so IV is 60 to 80 if I'm not mistaken.

Frost breath/Blizzard is best for attack, I think Ice Shard/Ice Beam is best for defending, someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Finally my Christmas eggs came good - 2 togepi and a Cleffa, meaning I only now need smoochums to have all the babies. Still no sign of fcuking Aerodactyl though - the only thing from the Gen 1 regional dex I have yet to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Another Magby here today too. Finally picked up two 10kms eggs today (the most I've seen together all week), but I think I've picked up this cold/flu thing from the kids so I don't plan on any walking this weekend.

On Lapras moves, we have 4 here (and when I say we, I mean the kid, not me :( ) and not sure which to power up. The first one had frost breath/dragon pulse and we got carried away and used the candies it came with to power it up to 2200.

Since then, there have been three more with ice shard/dragon pulse x2 and ice shard/ice beam, and 70 candies to play with. I assume the ice shard/ice beam is the one to power up, but is it actually good enough to power up or should we be waiting for a frost breath/blizzard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

AMGer wrote: »
    Frost breath/Blizzard is best for attack, I think Ice Shard/Ice Beam is best for defending, someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.
    hdl wrote: »
    On Lapras moves, we have 4 here (and when I say we, I mean the kid, not me :( ) and not sure which to power up. The first one had frost breath/dragon pulse and we got carried away and used the candies it came with to power it up to 2200.

Since then, there have been three more with ice shard/dragon pulse x2 and ice shard/ice beam, and 70 candies to play with. I assume the ice shard/ice beam is the one to power up, but is it actually good enough to power up or should we be waiting for a frost breath/blizzard?

What AMGer said ;)

Another Magby here today too. Finally picked up two 10kms eggs today (the most I've seen together all week), but I think I've picked up this cold/flu thing from the kids so I don't plan on any walking this weekend.

Two weeks ago when I wanted them I couldn't get a 10km for anything, this week I've had at least three everyday!

btw - there was another Dragonite in town today, out the Dunmore Rd. At a massive 46CP! :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Also a Charmander over at St. Patricks Cathedral, first one I've ever seen or caught in the wild.
    I caught one there this morning as I passed it on the bus, could be a possible nest?
    Got a different bus back after work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jmcco04

New loading screen is up!!!

jmcco04 wrote: »
    New loading screen is up!!!

Yep, increased starter spawns has started!

There's a Charmander at the pokestop 1.5km away......what to do, what to do! :p

Venusaur right outside my apartment, along with 3 Bulbasaurs at close Pokestops. Heading out for a bit of walk, fingers crossed for a Charizard!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Damn, incubator gifts are gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pokemonaddict

Caught charmeleon there.. no other 2nd or 3rd evolutions on nearby.. good few grimers tho

Just went for a quick stroll - multiple Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur aswell as an Ivysaur and Wartortle.

I'll say this, I'm glad I stocked up on great balls and ultra balls! A little concerned about my stock of raspberries though!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Caught charmeleon there.. no other 2nd or 3rd evolutions on nearby.. good few grimers tho

grimers???? where???

Do you want use it for attackinformation or defending?
    If defending (in my opinion Cloyster and Dewgong make great ice attackers ) the power your ice shard/ ice beam.

If attacking then wait on frost breath. It'll shred Dragonite like lettuce. :)

• Advertisement

Just back from a walk around town. Loads of starters plus their first evolutions. Missed out on a Charizard, ran away from me. There's always tomorrow!

Also hatched my first Togapi. Not a bad day overall!

Is it better to level up first then evolve or just evolve anyways and level up after wards ? Does it actually make any difference? Iv seen it been recommended before to level up first then evolve , but to what advantage?

I'm in two minds whether to keep levelling up my charmeleon or just evolve it and level up later , iv no patience lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Damn was 10 coins away from the 250 need for the gift box. Now they don't have much that I want

Is it better to level up first then evolve or just evolve anyways and level up after wards ? Does it actually make any difference? Iv seen it been recommended before to level up first then evolve , but to what advantage?

I'm in two minds whether to keep levelling up my charmeleon or just evolve it and level up later , iv no patience lol
    Always evolve first.

Otherwise you will waste dust and candy on something useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Anyone know when the increased starter spawn ends? I'm still in the arse end of nowhere until Monday. All I need is a Chansey and a Charizard to complete the originals dex.

Anyone know when the increased starter spawn ends? I'm still in the arse end of nowhere until Monday. All I need is a Chansey and a Charizard to complete the originals dex.

We have until January 8th, so plenty of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Nearly out of eggs now, close to hatching my last 10k, but after hitting several stops around the area I haven't gotten any more, wouldn't usually mind but I've roughly 15 unused incubators sitting there, my last eggs I got was on Wednesday and that was 8 5ks and 1 10km.

Have noticed the increase in starters though, also several kabuto around too, up around greentrees Park by Whitehall road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Looking forward to having a look for these tomorrow around my local which usually hasn't much but has improved an awful lot lately!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Amazing amount of starters around tonight - saw a wonder chameleon (wife caught it mine ran) and charizard pop up in ucd Smurfit (which had despawned by the time we got there).

Should be good hunting - need to restock on pokeballs ;)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Got my 50th togepi candy tonight walking over to the bins! Have to wait til morning to evolve so my little boy can press the button :pac:

I was looking through the silph Road forum and found the below link for checking gym status and placements. I managed to track down all mine, so handy to check for that or if a local gym is worth attacking.

https://gymhuntr.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Relentlessly

I was in cork for the last few days. If anyone needs charmander they're in nemo rangers and omanyte in Douglas community park.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Toots wrote: »
    Got my 50th togepi candy tonight walking over to the bins! Have to wait til morning to evolve so my little boy can press the button :pac:
    Best mam ever

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Oh the event is live, it's taken me over an hour to walk home.... very drunkenly! stupid char at every pokestop! Love it! I've caught more char /charmander on this walk home, since fecking July!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pokemonaddict

grimers???? where???

Ashbourne..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Lickitung at Beaumont Road (hospital entrance) now @ 10.30am

Don't expect great CPs from any of the rarer 'wilds' though :(

Has anyone used a lure yet? Wondering if it's actually worth it for starters or is it the usual rubbish.

Just passed a couple of lures a few mins ago but didn't have time to stop. Saw a Bulbasaur show up as I was passing but not sure if it was a fluke or the lures are worth using. Might head out after lunch and sit around in the cold to test it out :p

grimers???? where???

Ashbourne..
    Seriously a nest?
    Can you give the location on maps?
    I drive by Ashbourne regularly enough, would be worth a detour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Niamh_26

Diemos wrote: »
    Seriously a nest?
    Can you give the location on maps?
    I drive by Ashbourne regularly enough, would be worth a detour :)

I'm addicted enough to drive there just for the grimer I have both grimer & muc but I'd like a higher cp one of each lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Boo. I've been on a level 10 gym in Dublin for about 3 weeks and finally got kicked off this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

anybody got any Lapras sightings. I'm in town today for a walk... Just missing that little fecker

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement