Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Awards : Worst Feud of the Year

• 22-12-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

Here we have the first poll for our own wrestling end of year awards. The nominations are as follows for Worst Feud of the year :

Roman Reigns vs Rusev
    The New Day vs The Club
    The New Day against The VaudeVillians
    Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker
    Titus O'Neil vs Darren Young
    Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt
    Jack Swagger vs Baron Corbin

Bone Soldier vs Yoshi Tatsu
    Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho
    Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose
    Seth Rollins v Kevin Owens
    Seth Rollins v HHH
    Smackdown v Raw at SS

Get voting guys

Worst Feud of 2016 45 votes

Roman Reigns vs Rusev
    0% 0 votes
    The New Day vs The Club
    22% 10 votes
    Bone Soldier vs Yoshi Tatsu
    13% 6 votes
    Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt
    0% 0 votes
    Titus O'Neil vs Darren Young
    2% 1 vote
    Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker
    22% 10 votes
    Jack Swagger vs Baron Corbin
    4% 2 votes
    The New Day against The VaudeVillians
    8% 4 votes
    Smackdown v Raw at SS
    4% 2 votes
    Seth Rollins v HHH
    2% 1 vote
    Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose
    6% 3 votes
    Seth Rollins v Kevin Owens
    13% 6 votes
    Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I went with Reigns vs Rusev.

Most of the feuds on the list were just lacking something or were boring. But I absolutely hate that Rusev is constantly the "bad guy" because, ultimately, he's protecting his wifes honor and not letting people bad mouth and humiliate her. The feud, the story, at it's very core was just completely illogical when it comes to basic "Face vs Heel" logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I went Lesnar v Ambrose. It was a match I was really looking forward to at Mania but was just booked horribly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

paulie21 wrote: »
    I went Lesnar v Ambrose. It was a match I was really looking forward to at Mania but was just booked horribly
    Part of your reason was why it didn't make the grade for this award for me, the feud itself was kind of ok, I was also looking forward to the match, it just concluded pretty poorly at Mania and left it all on a sour note.

Reigns v Rusev was the standout choice for me for similar reasons as posted above. They managed to make one of the most dislikable heels of recent years actually quite likeable, all the while thinking people were gonna be like 'yeah Roman, keep being a d*ck to the guy's wife'. The Rock and Stone Cold could get away with it. Roman Reigns can not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is Enzo & Rusev not a far worse version & on top of that there is absolutely no chance of a good match resulting from it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is Enzo & Rusev not a far worse version & on top of that there is absolutely no chance of a good match resulting from it.

Yeap. All the worst parts with none of the good ones. But it's not on the list, plus its on-going, which technically means that unlikely as it is, perhaps something can come from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Forgot these were finishing up today. Reigns vs Rusev ties with Darren Young vs Titus O Neil. I don't know why they bothered splitting the PTP up at all, the first time or last time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They tried with Rusev & Reigns, just what they tried was terrible, with The Prime Time Players I felt like they didn't try cos the feud was just there to kill time whenever they needed.

Advertisement