Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinasloe student paramedic January 2017

Options
  • 22-12-2016 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Anyone here starting in ballinasloe in January

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Greenmedic

Thought it could be beneficial to people starting if they had any problems or questions regarding pre-employment or the course. At least we could share information or advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

Greenmedic wrote: »
    Thought it could be beneficial to people starting if they had any problems or questions regarding pre-employment or the course. At least we could share information or advice.

Ya. Trying to figure out what we can do for the next month to prepare. Learn medications and different systems (Respiratory, skeletal, etc.) is what I have been told.

Yeah I think that's all that we can do. Can't wait to get started

Anyone here back from occupational health since medical. Or pre-employment either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I might be, got called up late to class so on a very tight timeliness for all clearances to come back by 30th Jan i.e bloods, garda vetting etc. So still no guarantee for me

Hopefully see ye all there.

Enjoy your Christmas and the start worrying about Paramedics. Who knows when will be the next time we have a Christmas off.

• Advertisement

Many happy returns. And your right I'll enjoy it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 31 robbielk

Hey people. Happy Christmas to you all. Hope to see you all in January. Where about are we all from?

Offaly. How about yourself?

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Offaly. How about yourself?

West limerick myself. How did your medical go

robbielk wrote:
    West limerick myself. How did your medical go

Only got call up last week so have medical on thursday

• Advertisement

Only got call up last week so have medical on thursday

I done mine the 14th. Nothing to it. Lovely people there. Best of luck with it

Happy Christmas to everyone from west limerick. See ye all on the other side.

Many happy returns robbie

Hi there everyone. Hope ye all had a good new year. Anyone get any update on the next step in the process. I am guessing it will be at least another week or two before we hear anything

robbielk wrote: »
    Hi there everyone. Hope ye all had a good new year. Anyone get any update on the next step in the process. I am guessing it will be at least another week or two before we hear anything

So what is the next step?

Osgood wrote: »
    So what is the next step?

I have absolutely no idea. I was hoping someone could enlighten me. Medical sis done so I am guessing approval is next to be offered a contract. But that's just me guessing. I genuinely don't know.

Contracts are next i think. But could be waiting. Past classes only got them 1 to 2 weeks before their start dates.

Contracts are next i think. But could be waiting. Past classes only got them 1 to 2 weeks before their start dates.

Heard all right that they were late offering contracts. You all set for starting? I am looking forward to it. Just want to get stuck into it now

Feel the same lad. Roll on Jan 30th

Does anyone know if they have started ringing the current employers for references yet? Not worried, just wondering.

• Advertisement

Osgood wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they have started ringing the current employers for references yet? Not worried, just wondering.

I have no idea. Not heard anything myself as of yet.

Osgood wrote:

I only got my forms to fill out about 2 weeks ago and they are to be in for Friday and on one of my emails they said they would be contacting my current employer within 48hrs that was just before Christmas.

I only got my forms to fill out about 2 weeks ago and they are to be in for Friday and on one of my emails they said they would be contacting my current employer within 48hrs that was just before Christmas.

I have mine filled in dice start of Dec and sent back. Don't think they have contacted employer yet. How did you get on with medical

robbielk wrote:
    I have mine filled in dice start of Dec and sent back. Don't think they have contacted employer yet. How did you get on with medical

Very good...passed all eye sight test easy thankfully and didn't have to get bloods done because I had the required tests done by previous occ health dept so that will hopefully speed up my clearance because I would have be close re getting clearance before class starts

Very good...passed all eye sight test easy thankfully and didn't have to get bloods done because I had the required tests done by previous occ health dept so that will hopefully speed up my clearance because I would have be close re getting clearance before class starts

Well once the peepers and ears are working it's half the battle. ''Twas right handy you had bloods already done. I have no vaccination history. I must have been born in the Stone Age where the vaccinations were carved into a slate. The slates however have disappeared. Got bloods done but it will be next week before results are back

For those of you who are, all going well, going to be starting in ballinasloe at months end. I have checked out the Shearwater hotel there. Prices are 35 per night. This is bed and breakfast and leisure facilities included. For 45 a night you get dinner included. I was there today for those who have not been before. And it is gorgeous. Food is top notch.

Anyone have any news or contact since their medicals?

Anyone have any news or contact since their medicals?

I have heard nothing anyway. I take it you haven't either

No heard nothing all is quiet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 catstango

Hey everyone,
    Good luck in Ballinasloe to ye all!
    I've been invited through to pre employment stage for the March Tallaght class. Could anyone let me know what's specifically on the pre employment checklist? Id like to get a head start to take some pressure off!
    Thanks a million!

Advertisement